StreakDroid FroYo v1.4.2 - Announcement Thread

Guest Stephen Hyde

that feset hasn worked thats why, you have to flash 1.1.1 then boot it once then factory rese t FROM THE FIRST SCREEN (the one with 4 options) then boot again before flashing - factory reset in clockwork does not work on streak

That was it! Awesome!

Thanks Steve missed that step, now I'm running on 1.3.

Guest Stephen Hyde

the official build is not rootable by androot either ill tel everyone that dell have deliberately locked it down alot heavier (it is rootable but not so easily)

Guest mellytime

Dell is a joke. Really, think about it and nothing personal but without the developers from sites like this one they would still be trying to sell this thing with perhaps 1.5 and preparing yet again to unveil another phone hybrid electric shaver or something. If you disagree then why are you here? My point is why go through So much trouble to keep the device under lock and key? Dell has been the one thing that makes some of us say that the Streak sucked- Not anymore. Hopefully Microsoft will catch on to the idea that the developer community is important and can help implement changes to their incredibly locked down Win Phone that they didn’t think of because they are going to need it…

Edited by mellytime

Guest vinokirk
what issue you having vinokirk

Finally got it working. Dont know how, just tried different steps. Maybe I had flashed the wrong BB at a certain step or something B)

Guest adzman808
the official build is not rootable by androot either ill tel everyone that dell have deliberately locked it down alot heavier (it is rootable but not so easily)

cheers as ever Steve B), do you know if the root method posted by fards will work?

Guest Adilson
nah you should be able just to flash 4399 recovery and flash

I tried but now I get a black screen when I try to load the stock rom. I tried to go back to clockwork but still have the same problem, any clues?

try diff recovery B)

hi steve,

did you get the official working yet? mine is stuck on the dell screen no matter what combination of rom and factory reset i try. i had 1.3 working perfectly but then did a factory reset to get rid of all apps and personal information but it got stuck ever since then.

Guest Adilson
nah you should be able just to flash 4399 recovery and flash

4399 does not boot in my device and 6941 can't read this file. Can you share how did you manage to make it work? thanks.

I've been using the Dell Stage UI for acouple of days and on the whole it is not bad. It would be vastly improved if a) you could dictate which apps appear on the 'Home' screen, rather than it being a list of those most recently used, and b ) if the Dell Twitter app was a bit less rubbish.

Will be interesting to see if the official version is in any way different in this regard.

Edited by PaulZR

Guest User Error
. It would be vastly improved if a) you could dictate which apps appear on the 'Home' screen, rather than it being a list of those most recently used,

that's my whole issue with it. any way it can be customized in your build stephen?

Guest Adilson
Has anyone with Steve's 1.3 version successful in flashing the new update from dell .

If yes please list the steps

Thanks

I'm trying the same thing. My Streak was bought in Hong Kong and came with a firmware 21 (UK). Looks like one has to install a 00 (Dell) into it before be able to install the new firmware. So far was wasn't able to make my streak boot with the Dell stock recovery (maybe a baseband issue?). All I managed to do was to reverse to O2 2.1.

Guest adzman808

well reading about the new release (from Dell) i think they've really surpassed themselves this time B)

can't see evidence of anyone with any device derivative being able to flash it...

sure it's not long tho before someone gets it working or we work out percisely which OS/BB version this update is for....

Edited by adzman808

Guest vinokirk

Not a fan of the white taskbar. As an example, when headphones are plugged in the white icon can hardly be seen.

Also the calendar is all white and renders it useless!

Bring back the black theme please B)

Also, not sure if this had been bought up in the camcorder issues yet but when trying to put a camcorder short cut on the home page, its not in the list.

Edited by vinokirk

Guest epuarlana
Not a fan of the white taskbar. As an example, when headphones are plugged in the white icon can hardly be seen.

Also the calendar is all white and renders it useless!

Bring back the black theme please B)

Also, not sure if this had been bought up in the camcorder issues yet but when trying to put a camcorder short cut on the home page, its not in the list.

I think the white notification bar is really great. Although the headphone-icon is not really optimal..

@Steven: If you ever consider turning back to black, please tell the users how to manually switch it to white. (maybe it's possible to tell the current users, how to switch back to black? ^^)

Thank youuuuu