StreakDroid FroYo v1.4.2 - Announcement Thread

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest mrmrmrmr
One question, what VPN are you running @work Cisco or windows?

I too want to connect to my Windows VPN but I've been out of luck for a while.

I am using cisco vpn concentrator. If you want that as well put the tun.ko from this thread to /system/lib/modules

Root your device

install busybox

install vpn connections software 0.99v

configure and connect

Pls, change apps:

LauncherPro v0.8.1.0 -> LauncherPro Plus v0.8.1.1 w/ Transparent - Link

Astro File Manager -> Root Explorer 2.12.4 - Link

Dude u want to get banned !!!!!

Guest brokenpixel
I am using cisco vpn concentrator. If you want that as well put the tun.ko from this thread to /system/lib/modules

Root your device

install busybox

install vpn connections software 0.99v

configure and connect

Nice cheers for the tip.

going to try that B)

ED:

Did tried it, works magically thanks dude!!!!!!!!

Edited by brokenpixel

Guest OmegaStalker
fixed that issue.

Hi im sorry but i bought my Streak off ebay and it had your V1 froyo already on but changed it to Dells Froyo today and i hate it so i want to go back to your builds so can i just install your V1.4 or do i need to start at V1 and keep doing it to get to V1.4?

Any help would be much appericated and im a bit of a noob and only am just getting the hang of all of this so try to speak slowly =P...

Guest aweAAsome

Without sounding negative toward V1.4.1 but I've bench tested on 4 differences applications and the overall results is lower than v1.3 for the exception of quadrant which give a higher scores. Performance wise, I've found that V1.3 is smoother on menu scrolling than V1.4.1. Some of you already mention about weak signal strength, same here. For me I will stay with V1.3 for now and thank you Steve, hope you will take sometime off and enjoy yourself because I think you give too much already for us dell streak users (flat out, I'm sure). For new flasher encounter halt dell logo screen, don't worry your device is not brick, just follow steps in these good posts within this site and over XDA for solutions (I remember and still do with mine some time). Proud To Be Member.

Hi im sorry but i bought my Streak off ebay and it had your V1 froyo already on but changed it to Dells Froyo today and i hate it so i want to go back to your builds so can i just install your V1.4 or do i need to start at V1 and keep doing it to get to V1.4?

Any help would be much appericated and im a bit of a noob and only am just getting the hang of all of this so try to speak slowly =P...

I was able to upgrade to Steve's 1.4.1 directly from Dell's official Froyo release. I don't suppose there should be any real problems so long as you follow the instructions.

Guest aweAAsome

Edrill FYI, I updated without any problem from V1.0 to 1.2 or V1.0 to 1.3 or v1.0 to 1.4.1 (tested all). Just remember not to select factory reset on completion of update zip, just reboot will do the job. If problem still persisted, fast-boot back to previous base-band and update v1.0 zip then start again. Also if you want v1.2, v1.3 or v1.4.1 you need to fast-boot the new base-band first and for V1.0, v1.1 or v1.1.1 the old base-band you need the old base-band (not sure the number but you can find it in some posts here or over XDA).

Edited by aweAAsome

Guest OmegaStalker
I was able to upgrade to Steve's 1.4.1 directly from Dell's official Froyo release. I don't suppose there should be any real problems so long as you follow the instructions.

Ok thanks so im doing this now and im stuck on this bit

7. Once your device has booted shut down again and boot into clockwork recovery by doing the following

boot to recovery as per step 1 then choose option 2.

8. Flash the 1.4 update zip

ive done step 7 but what does step 8 mean? what do i do once im in the clockwork green menu?

what does the phrase flash the 1.4 update zip mean and how do i do it?

Guest streaker3000

Streaking on HydeFroyo... Love it - But has anyone got a compass working properly?

The crappy original 1.6 was the only time mine worked somewhat accurately.

Guest topshelf95
Hi everyone, I'm coming from a samsung captivate and see a lot of familiar looking problems that people are having. Just wanted to offer a couple things to try to help.

Set CPU was frequently buggy with the captivate also and a lot of people had much more stability using overclock widget from the market.

Also, it was not uncommon to flash a new rom and not have data or 3g or wireless connectivity, however, immediately reflashing a second time almost always seemed to help.

That being said, I have a new streak on the 6601 build and am following the steps to move to 4399, 8105, and hopefully get to here. However, i have hit a major roadblock. When I try to flash to 4399 everything goes smoothly until the progress bar gets half way and then tells me my "Software is up to date: Rebooting in 30 seconds"

I am not new to flashing and was putting a new rom on the captivate every other day, so I'm not new to following directions and reading the forums for help. I have found several other threads from the past months with the same problem, but no one ever posted a fix!!! I've tried every combo I can thing of, flashed different recovery's, tried skipping 4399 all together, tried using clockwork and changed the .pkg to a zip file. I've never had such a hard time getting past one thing while flashing. I'm hoping I'm just missing something really obvious and it's an easy fix, but can someone please help me!! I have read and re-read the directions and can't find anything I am missing B) :) :)

Seriously though, no one has any idea how to fix this? All the flashing heavy hitters here and no one can come up with a solution? Any help greatly appreciate, I'm completely locked on 1.6 ;)

Guest mrmrmrmr
I've updated from 1.2.0 to 1.4.1 and everything works fine, except:

1. when I go into calendar I see a white page with just column names like (Mon, Tue, Wed,...) and the name of the month on top of it. The days are noıt shown. Does everybody have this problem ?

2. when I try to select a new ringtone, it reboots.

is there a fix for these ?

*. I also havethe problem with camera. no 720p mode is available and if I try to record with custom mode, it force closes.

But that was expected, right ?

I found anouther issue: when I try to exit from the native browser, it FCs.

Does anyone else have all of these issues together ?

setcpu - the cpu clock adjustment is in realtime, meaning that it'll run that speed, the instant you set it, however it's fully set after a reboot. if you don't reboot you will experience freezing, FCs, and fast battery drain. a reboot resolves all these.

quadrant - ONLY works in portrait mode. make sure the phone is in portrait mode BEFORE to launch the app.

The H for HSPDA/HSPUA is not related to reception nor quality of signal. it is simply just the icon not appearing. By process of elimination and googling, I've come to figure out it is a library file that switches the icon back and forth depending on signal. This libary is missing I think from DJ's builds. He has yet to let me know which library it is, or what exactly causes it...???

Guest OmegaStalker
Ok thanks so im doing this now and im stuck on this bit

7. Once your device has booted shut down again and boot into clockwork recovery by doing the following

boot to recovery as per step 1 then choose option 2.

8. Flash the 1.4 update zip

ive done step 7 but what does step 8 mean? what do i do once im in the clockwork green menu?

what does the phrase flash the 1.4 update zip mean and how do i do it?

Never mind i did it and it works like a charm...

Stephen is the almighty Streak King!

cough cough... when gingerbread comes out im sure his great towering intellect will help us get it on our streaks because dell will give us some gingerbread love in 2015 i bet...

Guest gtg203a
I found anouther issue: when I try to exit from the native browser, it FCs.

Does anyone else have all of these issues together ?

I also went from 1.2 to 1.4.1 and have nearly the same set of issues:

1) browser force close upon exit

2) the well known 720p video recording

3) cannot set ringtones: mine doesn't reboot when i select a new ringtone; it just sort of ignores my choice.

I'm figuring out how to do logging, so I'll try posting the logs. Perhaps the upgrade path needs to go through 1.3?

EDIT: attached log... I think... I did a reboot, then ran through the above errors in order. To my uneducated eyes, i think the log file has all the error logs.

log.txt

Edited by gtg203a

I am trying to decide if I should go to DJ_steves 1.4.1 or Dell Official 2.2 build, there hasn't been much mention of one key point for me. In the Official Dell 2.2 it states "enchanced Exchange Support". Can anyone tell me if steves 1.4.1 ALSO includes the new Exchange enhancements?

From what I read, the new 2.2 now includes a custom Exchange client, no longer need Nitro Touchdown....can anyone confirm what is included in Steves release for Exchange support? I am a business user and this is 2nd new key feature on my list...

Thanks!!

Edited by s1xth

Guest pompeyboyz

I am slightly confused by what some people are posting.

I am on 1.3 now and have downloaded 1.4.1 to my streaks SD card.

Can I just go into CW and install from zip or do I need to do a factory reset first and then install from zip. Or do I need to do the baseband once more?

Guest aweAAsome
I am slightly confused by what some people are posting.

I am on 1.3 now and have downloaded 1.4.1 to my streaks SD card.

Can I just go into CW and install from zip or do I need to do a factory reset first and then install from zip. Or do I need to do the baseband once more?

1. Go into CW mode

2. Install from SD card update 1.4.1.zip

3. On completion select REBOOT (DO NOT select FACTORY RESET).

4. Wait 5mins - 8mins ish and you will have android 1.4.1

Guest neil tring

flashed easily enough, took 5mins all tolled. Network is being screwy though. Full signal and 3G sending/recieving data transfer but wont connect to marketplace/facebook/twitter etc :/

Guest pompeyboyz
1. Go into CW mode

2. Install from SD card update 1.4.1.zip

3. On completion select REBOOT (DO NOT select FACTORY RESET).

4. Wait 5mins - 8mins ish and you will have android 1.4.1

OK I have done this but am getting problems on sound settings where they are not working

Guest aweAAsome
OK I have done this but am getting problems on sound settings where they are not working

I have not had any problem with sound, maybe try remove the battery for a minute or so and startup again, if all fail, I would suggest try start the process again.

1. Run CMD in window, fastboot-windows (or fastboot) -i 0x413c flash amss amss.mbn (new baseband)

2. On completion reboot into android (fastboot-windows (or fastboot) -i 0x413c reboot)

3. Shutdown into CW mode and update V1.4.1.zip (but do not factory reset, this will cause halt at dell logo).

Edited by aweAAsome

Guest pompeyboyz
I have not had any problem with sound, maybe try remove the battery for a minute or so and startup again, if all fail, I would suggest try start the process again.

1. Run CMD in window, fastboot-windows (or fastboot) -i 0x413c flash amss amss.mbn (new baseband)

2. On completion reboot into android (fastboot-windows (or fastboot) -i 0x413c reboot)

3. Shutdown into CW mode and update V1.4.1.zip (but do not factory reset, this will cause halt at dell logo).

Bizarrely, I left my phone for 30 minutes while I washed up and came back to it all working.

Is everyone using cpu tuner for overclocking?

Guest RSullivan
Seriously though, no one has any idea how to fix this? All the flashing heavy hitters here and no one can come up with a solution? Any help greatly appreciate, I'm completely locked on 1.6 B)

You must be using a later recovery rom. Ensure you have the 4399 and it will work. If you can't find it PM me and I can upload it somewhere.