StreakDroid FroYo v1.4.2 - Announcement Thread

Guest Stephen Hyde

Yes I have been using native email client on exchange for two weeks now on various builds inc 1.4.1 so 1.4.1 is fine.

You can even do a shortcut for each email ie exchange/gmail/yahoo etc so you go streight to that emails inbox.

Thanks for the response...good to know!

what do you mean? do i need to something else to get back to v1.1.1?

when 1.2 came around a new baseband had to be flashed otherwise you get the flashing lights or even stuck at dell logo (which was my case before). Since you're already of 1.4.1 you already have the new baseband.

If you manage to flash 1.1.1 and get it to boot properly without also downgrading the baseband, then you can just flash 1.4 immediately after that.

EDIT:

My bad Stephen, I didn't finish typing this up before your response....

Edited by Cue_32

Guest OmegaStalker
you need to be able to get 1.1.1 on their yes, if the zips already on sd ten just boot to clockwork and reflash 1.4

I tried this but its still stuck on the dell logo screen... went to clock work installed the v1.4 on my sd card but when i rebooted it wont go past logo screen tried a times now...

Guest puchg350

Here is what happend while updating from 1.3 to 1.4.1:

1. DELL LOGO stuck while updating 1.3 to 1.4.1

2. Downgraded to O2 1.6 then upgraded to O2 2.1 (Note: Use proper "recovery.img", took a few hours to find proper ones)

3. O2 2.1 to Steve's FroYo 1.1(there was a very informative posting regarding "how to", but just missed it)

4. Steve's 1.1 to 1.1.1

5. Steve's 1.1.1 to 1.4.1(Applied "amss.mbn" like Steve's instructon)

: FC appeared very often especially while setting wireless etc.

6. Downgraded to 1.3 from 1.4.1 by using clockwork 2.5 (no factory reset)

:1.3 worked just fine, cheked wireless settings etc.

7. Upgraded to 1.4.1 by using clockwork 2.5 (no factory reset, no flashing amss.mbn)

8. Everything works fine otherwise known issues.

edit: And more service in Japanese language like "settings". Fonts (especially kanji or Chinese charactors) are proper Japanese style, unlike the one used upto 2.1. This has something to do with Softbank introducing Streak in December.

Edited by puchg350

Guest OmegaStalker
You should jus be able to reflash 1.4 and it should fix ur iss ute

Woohoo i fixed it...

Used by desire to put v1.1.1 on my SD card and installed that through Clockwork and then went and resinstalled v1.4 and its all good again...

Remind me in a week or two (pay week) to send a donation your way =)...

1.4 is amazing. My battery is usually clsoe to drained by this time of day. It is still at 50% after flashing 1.4 and running setcpu at maximum. 12 hours of running and still showing another estimated 11 hours to go. Thanks Steve. How do I donate to your work?

in LauncherPro does anyone know how to hide the notification bar like with the adw.launcher?

go into Launcherpro settings, the appearance settings, and check Hide notification bar.

Guest Brunswick

Ok ive been reading this thread pretty thoroughly and i cant seem to find the answer. Im sure its simple but im new to the

Streak. If I have a new Streak, running stock 1.6 and it has never been flashed with anything previously, can I just flash straight to 1.4.1?

I assume by the first post that this has not been tested. What im really unsure of is the 2.1 baseband part "You need to be on v1.1.1/1.2 or 1.3(download: http://build2.streakdroid.com/update-release-1.1.1.zip) with 2.1 baseband For this to work ideally - this may work from older versions but this procedure has only been tested from 1.1.1"

Do I just flash 1.1.1 onto my new streak? This will ensure the 2.1 baseband? And then just update to 1.4.1 from there? This makes the most sense to me but ive got to be sure before I go and do something impulsive. Any help is appreciated, and of course once I get my Streak a donation will be made.

Edited by Brunswick

Guest Stephen Hyde

wel come to modaco brunswick,

you need to get to 1.1.1 first before 1.4, ive never tested going from 1.6 to 1.1.1 directly so im not sure if it'll work,

Guest payneardo

Love the new swype keyboard but sure the old version used to have a go on it? How do type a webpage in opera mobile and then go to it? Probably just me with monday morning itus B)

Guest rahulkadukar

What is the safe way to go from V1 to V 1.4. I am not using Rebel SIM and I have an unlocked Streak.

Can I simply flash the amss and then the update.zip.

Guest Damobster54

If you're rooted, and still Titanium Backup won't recognize it, it's because you have to install busybox. Hit "Problems?" Inside of titanium Backup, and it will automatically install busybox for you.

Guest airestonia
Quick question..

I am now on Offical 2.2, what's the best way to move to Hyde 1.4? Will the clockwork flash work? Has anyone else tried it?

Thanks

Dave

^x2

Same here, I'm on official 2.2 but am not happy with the performance. It seems that the performance has been better on leaked 2.1 O2 build.

I would love to try out v1.4.1. If anyone has gone from official froyo to 1.4.1 please post up!

Thank you.