StreakDroid FroYo v1.4.2 - Announcement Thread

Guest Stephen Hyde

What is the safe way to go from V1 to V 1.4. I am not using Rebel SIM and I have an unlocked Streak.

Can I simply flash the amss and then the update.zip.

The same for me.

I have Koush's recovery on and the baseband for the V1.

Just push I the two img by fastboot.exe?

Edited by wyxwyx

Guest JaysFreaky

Just so you know, brightness FC is fixed, but sounds still won't let you pick one. It'll throw you back to the previous menu without saving your selection.

Guest Jay Slasher

So I've been running 2.2 (1.4.1) and so far everything is much snappier and a great improvement.

I am however getting some of the same issues that other people are having.

- FC on 720P Camcorder

- FC on Voice Dial function

- Mail application doesn't work properly (doesn't display info)

- Ringtone issues

- Random FC on certain widgets and apps (may not be OS related)

Hopefully these issues can be resolved otherwise I love this OS.

Edited by Jay Slasher

Guest Jay Slasher
^x2

Same here, I'm on official 2.2 but am not happy with the performance. It seems that the performance has been better on leaked 2.1 O2 build.

I would love to try out v1.4.1. If anyone has gone from official froyo to 1.4.1 please post up!

Thank you.

I had to revert back to 2.1 from Official 2.2 then upgrade to to Steve's 2.2(1.1.1) and work my way back up to (1.4.1)

Don't know if it was mentioned earlier in the thread (thread searching didn't say so), but I found a band-aid solution to the ringtone issue:

If you turn the volume off, you can select your ringtone without the dialog box closing out. At least, that's what worked for me. Just held the volume down button until it went into vibrate mode.

Guest digthemlows

Ok, so when I'm in SetCPU the sliders only go up to 528MHz how do I go higher??

*Nevermind, "auto select device" and I was able to set it higher.

Edited by digthemlows

Guest RyanPhoner
Don't know if it was mentioned earlier in the thread (thread searching didn't say so), but I found a band-aid solution to the ringtone issue:

If you turn the volume off, you can select your ringtone without the dialog box closing out. At least, that's what worked for me. Just held the volume down button until it went into vibrate mode.

I've also found by going to settings > sound > volume and unchecking "use incoming call volume for notifications" that I can set sounds but they don't preview in when changing your ringtone. Just go back to volume and adjust the volume and you can preview. An extra step but it works.

Guest Wee Thomas

I went from the 1.2 beta to 1.4. Had some issues so decided to factory reset my streak and reinstall 1.4. Left my streak stuck on the dell logo during boot. So, I flashed the official froyo, let it boot, then reboot into clockwork recovery and updated to 1.4 again. This time it worked.

Guest Chaleman
Ok, so when I'm in SetCPU the sliders only go up to 528MHz how do I go higher??

*Nevermind, "auto select device" and I was able to set it higher.

Hi all. I know this is indirectly related to all this, but when I reboot my Streak, the SetCPU settings don't stay and I have to manually reset them. I'm on a rooted Streak and I have the check for this settings to be set at boot on SetCPU.

Any ideas? Thanks....!

Chale

Guest bostonguy

Hey Steve, loving the 1.4.1 speed and other tweaks, but the blank calendar (month display) is killing me. Any ides for a fix?

Thanks again for your efforts!

Guest mrmrmrmr
Hey Steve, loving the 1.4.1 speed and other tweaks, but the blank calendar (month display) is killing me. Any ides for a fix?

Thanks again for your efforts!

yes; after fix for 720p and a workaround for ringtone setting, the only big issue with this rom is white calendar screen.

any hope for a fix ?

Guest mrmrmrmr
anyone fancy getting me a log for calender see if it thorws any errors

I can get the log but at which point do you want me to collect it ? after starting calendar ?

and how should I send it to you ?

Guest Stephen Hyde

start log from just before starting calender until its loaded for a bit, email/pastebin/pm would work

scratch that no need for logs i just fixed it B) borrowed the callender app from official

Edited by Stephen Hyde

Guest mrmrmrmr
start log from just before starting calender until its loaded for a bit, email/pastebin/pm would work

scratch that no need for logs i just fixed it B) borrowed the callender app from official

great !

any quick fix ?