StreakDroid FroYo v1.4.2 - Announcement Thread

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest payneardo

Sorry silly question here as still learning... With the 1.42 update do I just install via clockwork recovery as normal?

Thanx and sorry B)

Edited by payneardo

720 fix is only needed once B) once its flashed its done with.

Hi Stephen

I.ve been reading your rave reviews for your Dell Streak Froyo 2.2 ,I.m running o2 2.1 at the moment just want to know how do i load your latest version of 2.2. & in future when you update your 2.2 will it be easy to update.

Excuse my ignorance but i'm new to Android & dont think Dell with ever get it right .

Is it easy to install & how safe is it to do by flashing as thats the only thing that i have my doubt with

any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Guest Stephen Hyde
Hi Stephen

I.ve been reading your rave reviews for your Dell Streak Froyo 2.2 ,I.m running o2 2.1 at the moment just want to know how do i load your latest version of 2.2. & in future when you update your 2.2 will it be easy to update.

Excuse my ignorance but i'm new to Android & dont think Dell with ever get it right .

Is it easy to install & how safe is it to do by flashing as thats the only thing that i have my doubt with

any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

you need to simply flash to 1.1.1 then flash 1.4.1 followed by the new 1.4.2 - all easy to do and theirs plenty of users here who will help

Guest payneardo
yup thats right, may be a bug in the update that clockwork doesn like tho, waiting on other reports

Cheers that worked great thanx again :-)

Cant beleive I still have 40% battery left since off Charge this morning, top stuff :-)

Edited by payneardo

Guest OmegaStalker

Stephen if you around a quick question; my wifi seems weird is that been reported else where or am i just being paranoid?

Oh and another thing how do i over clock my streak?

Thank you almighty DJ =P

Guest Stephen Hyde
Stephen if you around a quick question; my wifi seems weird is that been reported else where or am i just being paranoid?

Oh and another thing how do i over clock my streak?

Thank you almighty DJ =P

wifi issue has been reported, not entirely sure of a fix as yet.

need setcpu or overclock widget to do overclock

Guest Amdathlonuk

I'm currently on 1.3.0

Would it be possible to flash

THEN reboot? OR should I reboot between each flash? B)

Edited by Amdathlonuk

Guest PeteBest

Tried this tonight and got nowhere fast with 1.4.1. Upgrading from O2 Unofficial 2.1 8105

FastBoot all went fine, no errors. Ran the update.zip using CWM, but just got stuck at the Dell logo. Ran 1.1.1 and that installed perfectly, so I ended up going to the official 2.2 loaded completely via fastboot and it worked just fine, loaded past the dell logo in around 2 mins. I'd waited around 20mins for StreakDroid 1.4.1 to load past the dell logo. Tried restoring to default settings through the Dell recovery menu, and that made no difference, then I tried clearing cache+factory reset from CWM, but that made no difference.

Not sure if there's something about the CWM version I used (Stock version, Koush's version doesn't seem to work for me) that caused this problem since the official version loads the system image via fastboot

Guest OmegaStalker
wifi issue has been reported, not entirely sure of a fix as yet.

need setcpu or overclock widget to do overclock

Your the man, we really appreciate all the work you do for us...

Guest Stephen Hyde
Tried this tonight and got nowhere fast with 1.4.1. Upgrading from O2 Unofficial 2.1 8105

FastBoot all went fine, no errors. Ran the update.zip using CWM, but just got stuck at the Dell logo. Ran 1.1.1 and that installed perfectly, so I ended up going to the official 2.2 loaded completely via fastboot and it worked just fine, loaded past the dell logo in around 2 mins. I'd waited around 20mins for StreakDroid 1.4.1 to load past the dell logo. Tried restoring to default settings through the Dell recovery menu, and that made no difference, then I tried clearing cache+factory reset from CWM, but that made no difference.

Not sure if there's something about the CWM version I used (Stock version, Koush's version doesn't seem to work for me) that caused this problem since the official version loads the system image via fastboot

you can go from official to 1.4.1 without reset ya know

Steve, one of the big features of this phone in my mind is the HDMI playback. Any plans to fix it? Thanks. It would be amazing if we can get an HDMi implemntation to allow the full streak home screen to be sent via HDMI out.