StreakDroid FroYo v1.4.2 - Announcement Thread

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest mtyrrell

Just want to say great work Steve! Would throw money your way but as a student that would mean no dinner! :rolleyes:

Very nice adding in LauncherPro. The Widgets are brilliant.

Keep up the amazing work. :huh:

Guest Ed Venture
Exactly how I did it:

1) Flash the 2.1 Baseband, Rebooted and went straight to RECOVERY

2) At Recovery, flashed 1.1.1 ROM (Rebooted and let it load to ensure it works... as soon as I get the swipe to unlock screen I rebooted to FASTBOOT MODE

3)In Fastboot mode I flashed the new baseband for 1.2 (Reboot to Recovery)

4)Flashed 1.2 ROM and rebooted. After about 3 minutes after reboot, I got to the swipe to unlock screen.

NO FACTORY RESET AT ALL. and it worked fine.

Okay - if it happens again I will try this method. I really, REALLY want to keep the 1.2.0 version running! It fixes key bugs from 1.1.1 (no call waiting, flickering wifi signal with slow performance, etc) and makes my Streak everything I wanted it to be when I bought it the day it came out in the US. Going back to anything less would be just plain painful :rolleyes:

Guest suprajargon

Ok so perhaps someone here can help me.. I'm stuck..

I had a base US 1.6 streak

I flashed to o2 1.6 (4399) then to o2 2.1 (8105). Then I did the amss flash, then i flashed to clockwork 2.5.0.1 then i loaded your 1.1.1.zip file. At this point i want to be able to boot it so I can download the v1.2 rom to it. But it just hangs on the dell logo during booting. I can still get to fastboot and the recovery menu.. I'm guessing I was supposed to load 1.1.1 first then do the amss, but I wasn't sure if it was needed for 1.1.1 or not..Sooo how do i get access to the micro sim card to load new files to it?

Any ideas?

Guest suprajargon
Ok so perhaps someone here can help me.. I'm stuck..

I had a base US 1.6 streak

I flashed to o2 1.6 (4399) then to o2 2.1 (8105). Then I did the amss flash, then i flashed to clockwork 2.5.0.1 then i loaded your 1.1.1.zip file. At this point i want to be able to boot it so I can download the v1.2 rom to it. But it just hangs on the dell logo during booting. I can still get to fastboot and the recovery menu.. I'm guessing I was supposed to load 1.1.1 first then do the amss, but I wasn't sure if it was needed for 1.1.1 or not..Sooo how do i get access to the micro sim card to load new files to it?

Any ideas?

so as an update, ive tried the clockwork recovery's factory reset, and ive tried reinstalling the update.zip and i still hang on the dell logo...

any help is greatly appriciated!

Guest suprajargon
Hey Steve I was just wondering if u made any progress on the front camera working in the camera app

yay! I got it working! I had to do a factory reset (non clockwork) and then it loaded up in v1.1.1 just fine, then I downloaded the 1.2 and redid the amss and then upgraded to 1.2

sooo got it working... guess i just needed to keep playing with it before posting... sorry about that

have never used android before this, so i am not sure if it's a general bug or specific to this build: when having an unlock pattern in place, every incoming call gets killed after a couple of seconds with the person calling getting a the busy signal. kinda annoying, since the only way to fix this is to disable the security pattern...

Guest OrionBG

Hi Stephen

Can you please tell me how to revert back to my original firmware? I have 00 EU device.

I have the 6267.pkg file but I can't find a recovery that will let me flash it! The pkg haves in itself all things including the amss! I also have a ZIP version of the pkg so I can extract some IMGs if I need to flash them first! The problem is that with the 6267 recovery image, every time I select option2 to flash an Update.pkg file i get a blank screen! Can you help me please!

Guest OrionBG
Make sure you have the stock recovery on your device and not Koushs Cockwork recovery

I tried all stock recoveries that I could find including the 6267 recovery! Non of them could do it! Every time i try the update.pkg option nothing happens. Just a blank screen. :rolleyes:

Guest vinokirk

have you named the file Update.pkg or update.pkg? It should have a capital U

Poop on IRC, im sure someone will help :rolleyes:

Edited by vinokirk

Guest OrionBG
have you named the file Update.pkg or update.pkg? It should have a capital U

Poop on IRC, im sure someone will help :rolleyes:

Yes my pkg is called Update.pkg

The problem is that when I choose option 2 in the recovery menu (Dell's Recovery) The screen goes blank!

Is there exept the recovery itself that is needed for the process to be initialized properly? I'm using the 6267 stock recovery!

BTW IRC Server? IRC channel?

Edited by OrionBG

Yes my pkg is called Update.pkg

The problem is that when I choose option 2 in the recovery menu (Dell's Recovery) The screen goes blank!

Is there exept the recovery itself that is needed for the process to be initialized properly? I'm using the 6267 stock recovery!

BTW IRC Server? IRC channel?

Stick Clockwork Recovery on there. There's a post in here two pages back with the links etc. You need that to do the upgrades/downgrades properly. Then option2 on boot gives you the clockwork recovery mod and the ability to load any ROM onto the Streak from your SD card no matter what the name.

Guest OrionBG
Stick Clockwork Recovery on there. There's a post in here two pages back with the links etc. You need that to do the upgrades/downgrades properly. Then option2 on boot gives you the clockwork recovery mod and the ability to load any ROM onto the Streak from your SD card no matter what the name.

You CAN"T flash pkg file with CWM! I need a working recovery that will flash the 6267 pkg I have!

Just to mention that using 8105's recovery started the recovery process but told me me rom is up to date and didn't flash it!

You CAN"T flash pkg file with CWM! I need a working recovery that will flash the 6267 pkg I have!

Just to mention that using 8105's recovery started the recovery process but told me me rom is up to date and didn't flash it!

Ah apologies didn't see that you were using pkg. I used the update[..].zip updates myself, not the pkg versions.

Guest tomqman
I'm now with the 4399 O2 rom! How to flash 6267_00 now?

just updated my streak and rebel sim. and just to let people know that rebelsim v1.3 works fine with 2.2 baseband and 1.20 newbb

Edited by tomqman

Guest TimoBeil
I'm now with the 4399 O2 rom! How to flash 6267_00 now?

I recommend you this guide.

http://imageshp.net/dell_streak.html

From point 6 in this (especially for 6267 modified) guide, it is exactly described what you are looking for. Including the 3 necessary download-links.

Google Translator makes it readable :rolleyes:

Edited by TimoBeil