Advice before I Upgrade

Guest shroomun

Guest shroomun

Just looking for a little advice... I am going to be upgrading my Liquid E from 2.1 to the leaked 2.2, however I was wondering what would happen if I would want to revert back. I tried finding an app that does a complete phone backup and allows me to do a recovery ala firmware or bin, but couldnt find one.

Is this at all possible, or would I have to re-flash back to the 2.1 firmware with a bin that I would find elsewhere. Also, to note, my phone is not currently rooted or anything like that.

Guest Delnar_Ersike
Just looking for a little advice... I am going to be upgrading my Liquid E from 2.1 to the leaked 2.2, however I was wondering what would happen if I would want to revert back. I tried finding an app that does a complete phone backup and allows me to do a recovery ala firmware or bin, but couldnt find one.

Is this at all possible, or would I have to re-flash back to the 2.1 firmware with a bin that I would find elsewhere. Also, to note, my phone is not currently rooted or anything like that.

If you install a custom recovery image, like malez recovery, you'll be able to create something called a nandroid backup, which is essentially a complete backup of everything on your internal phone storage (everything except stuff on the SD card). You don't need root access to use malez recovery or to create a nandroid backup, but I would highly recommend rooting your phone to use Titanium Backup to backup all your apps and apps' data, and then restore both once you have FroYo running. Neither malez recovery nor rooting will format your phone. Note however, that you have to reinstall malez recovery every time you flash a different .bin if you wish to use it.