Liquid A1 and Gingerbread

Guest styjp

Hey guys,

there are rumours all over the internet about gingerbread being released in a weeks time on the 11th of November. They state that minimum required specs include 1Ghz processor and 512mb ram segmenting android smartphones into low and high end..

My question is, based on your experiences so far, do you think we will be able to enjoy 2.3 on our A1s with half the required ram?

Guest Delnar_Ersike
Hey guys,

there are rumours all over the internet about gingerbread being released in a weeks time on the 11th of November. They state that minimum required specs include 1Ghz processor and 512mb ram segmenting android smartphones into low and high end..

My question is, based on your experiences so far, do you think we will be able to enjoy 2.3 on our A1s with half the required ram?

Keep in mind the minimum requirements for an Android OS version dictate the hardware apps built for 2.3 are going to run on. Apps built for 2.2 or older will probably run just fine; however, if an app has a version built specifically for Gingerbread, I'd suspect people would encounter performance problems running that app on an A1, especially if the said app would make full use of the minimum RAM requirement. A 256MB swap file or partition might remedy this issue, but it would definitely not erase it entirely.

Guest vanisleguy1976
Keep in mind the minimum requirements for an Android OS version dictate the hardware apps built for 2.3 are going to run on. Apps built for 2.2 or older will probably run just fine; however, if an app has a version built specifically for Gingerbread, I'd suspect people would encounter performance problems running that app on an A1, especially if the said app would make full use of the minimum RAM requirement. A 256MB swap file or partition might remedy this issue, but it would definitely not erase it entirely.

To further this conversation, what about the liquid e? It has the minimum RAM, but because the processor is underclocked, would there be lag? And even with overclocking the processor, I understand that it isn't stable at full throttle. So I wonder if it would work?

Guest koudelka
Hey guys,

Those minimum specs has been denied by Google android engineers long time ago

Guest xian1243

Gingerbread shouldn't be too hard to compile once source is release :) But as the proprietary bits and APIs are likely to change, hardware might be a bit of a problem...