How to: Install CM6.1 (beta 0.30), DTApps2SD, and OC kernel

Guest twrock

Guest TehOsiris
But it'd reduce the seconds for frames. (The battery life :) )

well, i never noticed any battery leak, maybe because i'm with a 8230 or just lucky :]

Guest Pulseuser1

hey guys....is it possible to install the oc kernel after youve already installed everything...because ive installed cm6 0.30 and themes and shiz...and ive installed all the apps i need...but i want to have an oc kernel and was thinkin if i could do that now...or do i have to wipe and install everythin again.....if that made sense :rolleyes: :huh:

Guest DanWilson
hey guys....is it possible to install the oc kernel after youve already installed everything...because ive installed cm6 0.30 and themes and shiz...and ive installed all the apps i need...but i want to have an oc kernel and was thinkin if i could do that now...or do i have to wipe and install everythin again.....if that made sense :rolleyes: :huh:

Fastboot flash the boot.img onto the phone.

No wipes. No fuss.

It's all in my CM6 thread.

:huh:

Guest sun lbx

Getting back to Quake3, i tweaked something and now I have 22fps in the game and 5.139MFLOPS in Linpack (710mhz)

So, 780 is likely to show us approximately 5.5mflops and 25fps with 1 bot.

It would be nice :rolleyes:

Guest spanner44

Finally got it up and running but even though I formatted the SD card before hand with swap and Ext for the A2sd app, I don't think they are working.

When I do the a2sd swappy15, it has a box crossed which says No a2sd.swap enviroment variable found.

Then after it says : /system/bin/starta2sd: line308: syntax error: unexpected end of file

Also: When I do a a2sd check in the terminal I get an X in the box that says : Ext partition found, but not mounted. Your Rom may not be set up to use Apps2SD.

Any ideas on how to solve this please ?

Thanks in advance

Guest sun lbx

Spanner44, if I were you, I'd just relax :rolleyes:

Because your u8230 has 64mb more ram than Pulse has. It means that swap for you is not necessary in 90% of situations.

For me therez no perfomance increase

Guest spanner44
Spanner44, if I were you, I'd just relax :rolleyes:

Because your u8230 has 64mb more ram than Pulse has. It means that swap for you is not necessary in 90% of situations.

For me therez no perfomance increase

Okay, although I would be happy to know that it is working, but what about the a2sd, with the apps on the SD, because it says that it can't find my Ext partition, or it isn't mounted, how do I mount it ?

Guest cph2001
just disable (not quite the word erm just uncheck use of profiles or start on boot say) the settings in cpu and restart the oc kernel should reset to 691

Hi Guys, just rebuilt with these instructions, all looking very good.

One Question, SetCpu reports that I am running at 614 not 691, how can I check/and or change the max CPU as the scrollbar maxes out on 528. Do I have to create the SetCPu file on the root of my SD card?

[EDIT] OK I did create a SetCpu.txt file (values 122000,160000,245000,480000,528000,612000,691000). Now I can choose any of these.

Edited by cph2001

Guest spanner44
Finally got it up and running but even though I formatted the SD card before hand with swap and Ext for the A2sd app, I don't think they are working.

When I do the a2sd swappy15, it has a box crossed which says No a2sd.swap enviroment variable found.

Then after it says : /system/bin/starta2sd: line308: syntax error: unexpected end of file

Also: When I do a a2sd check in the terminal I get an X in the box that says : Ext partition found, but not mounted. Your Rom may not be set up to use Apps2SD.

Any ideas on how to solve this please ?

Thanks in advance

Well I think I have managed to solve the Swap thing, by crawling for hours over numerous threads on here, but would like to know how i can get d2sd working on moving the apps to Sd card as my phone reports low on memory so it obviously isn't moving them. When I do a a2sd check in the terminal I get an X in the box that says : Ext partition found, but not mounted. Your Rom may not be set up to use Apps2SD.

Anyone any ideas ?

Guest starkos
Hi Guys, just rebuilt with these instructions, all looking very good.

One Question, SetCpu reports that I am running at 614 not 691, how can I check/and or change the max CPU as the scrollbar maxes out on 528. Do I have to create the SetCPu file on the root of my SD card?

[EDIT] OK I did create a SetCpu.txt file (values 122000,160000,245000,480000,528000,612000,691000). Now I can choose any of these.

You shouldn't need to create a txt for SetCPU to recognise the clock speeds. Also they're not all of the speeds from what I can remember. When you set up SetCPU did you choose the device (u8220/pulse) or did you choose to automatically detect speeds? You should choose the automatic option if you didn't...

Guest Richy_Herts

Is there any way in creating a ZIP file of my applications, the same way that Fibblesan has changed/created the Google ZIP file. I have over 100 applications on my phone and would like to install them through Clockwork. I have them all backed up as APK files, but I don't know how to set the permissions within the ZIP and they take forever to install.

Great site btw with an excellent guide. Always nice to add it in with the trial and error and experimenting that I use!

Guest spanner44

Well I am seriously going mad here, have reformatted my 8 Gb SD Card with 64 mb Swap, 1024 mb Ext 2 and Fat 32 for the rest and reinstalled Cm6, gapps, oc kernal and DTapps again after doing a full wipe yet when I start the terminal again the problem still exists that i had before that the d2sd is not working and moving the apps to Sd card as my phone reports low on memory so it obviously isn't moving them. When I do a a2sd check in the terminal I get an X in the box that says : Ext partition found, but not mounted. Your Rom may not be set up to use Apps2SD.

Does anyone know how I can mount this Ext partion, or am I best just forgetting it and reinstalling without DTApps2SD and using the inbuilt froyo apps2sd and compcache ?

Guest Richard_Arkless

Hi I decided to package all this into one rom so its easier for people to install cm6, it looks like everything is installed and working (except app2sd which is having the same problem as the guy above) and I also set the lcd density from the default 160 to 140

heres the link, http://db.tt/fE0kjuP

I give twrock permission to post this update.zip on the first page as it will make everyones life easier, either that or ill create a new thread

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest Pedro Fonseca
Hi I decided to package all this into one rom so its easier for people to install cm6, it looks like everything is installed and working (except app2sd which is having the same problem as the guy above) and I also set the lcd density from the default 160 to 140

heres the link, http://db.tt/fE0kjuP

If twrock would like he could replace all those with my update.zip so people have an easier time at installing cm6, either that or ill create a new thread

hi

hi´ve downloaded thru the link and put it in SD card, next i´m going to definitions, then storing and SD card, update phone and it gives me error?

can u tell me how do u do it and if it worth ?

Guest Richard_Arkless
hi

hi´ve downloaded thru the link and put it in SD card, next i´m going to definitions, then storing and SD card, update phone and it gives me error?

can u tell me how do u do it and if it worth ?

Have you got clockwork installed ?, I just tried this on my pulse and it worked fine on there

Whats the actual error message?

Guest Pedro Fonseca
Have you got clockwork installed ?, I just tried this on my pulse and it worked fine on there

Whats the actual error message?

the error message is : the update package wasn´t found. Please confirm the Update Package.

Some months ago when i installed 2.1 version, i puted the name of folder "dload" to unpack and instal...and now i´ve tryed with than and update(.zip), but it gives me error :S

what coud it be?

thanks

Guest Richard_Arkless
the error message is : the update package wasn´t found. Please confirm the Update Package.

Some months ago when i installed 2.1 version, i puted the name of folder "dload" to unpack and instal...and now i´ve tryed with than and update(.zip), but it gives me error :S

what coud it be?

thanks

Oh I see what you have done, you can only install through settings when its an official update not a custom one, you need 2 things

1. custom 2.1 rom (flb preferably)

2. Clockwork installed (using rom manager from the market)

As you are new please read the sticky threads, they have helped me a lot and will help you

After you done those 2 things, turn off the phone and when you turn it on hold home and the red button and you will be in clockwork

1. select wipe data and factory reset

2. install update using update.zip and choose that .zip file

I apologise if im being a bit brief but its 23:55 here and im really tired, if your still having problems then please ask people or me and ill get back to you in the morning, a man needs his rest :rolleyes:

Guest Pedro Fonseca

thanks a lot but i cound´t make it. xD

tomorrow please explain me with more detail please. i´ve installed a ClockWork but it doesn´t work or i´m doing something wront. Tryed to "reebot" mobile and then pressed the home button with the red buton but nothing happend.

Thanks for all the help

go to rest, i´ve got to work tomorrow so i´m going to...

thanks

Guest Richard_Arkless
thanks a lot but i cound´t make it. xD

tomorrow please explain me with more detail please. i´ve installed a ClockWork but it doesn´t work or i´m doing something wront. Tryed to "reebot" mobile and then pressed the home button with the red buton but nothing happend.

Thanks for all the help

go to rest, i´ve got to work tomorrow so i´m going to...

thanks

ok follow the steps below

1. are you on flb 2.1? you can tell by going into settings, about phone then under it look for something saying flb maybe the version bit

2. assuming you are then go to market and install "rom manager"

3. go into rom manager and click "flash clockworkmod recovery", it will ask you what phone and choose "huawei pulse"

4. after this it will download, ask for root permissions (click allow) and then it will say recovery installed

5. turn it of and when you press the power button, hold the menu and red button at EXACTLY THE SAME TIME and keep holding then until you boot you into boot into clockwork recovery, from there click nandroid and then backup, this will backup your current rom and your configuration so if you dont like 2.2 then you can restore back to 2.1

6. make sure the zip is in the sd card and then click wipe data/factory reset, after this go down to install zip from sd card, choose zip from sdcard and then choose that update.zip

it will now go through the install process and when it is down click reboot system now and you will be in beautiful and fast 2.2

From OP>NOTE: that is Clockwork Recovery not AmonRA Recovery; I can't say whether or not things will work with AmonRA because I don't use it.

Well it didnt work with Amon-ra as you said, I just wanted to see for myself, Iv used Amon-ra for the longest time now and prefer it over CW. Iv always had problems partioning my SD with CW.

Guest starkos
From OP>NOTE: that is Clockwork Recovery not AmonRA Recovery; I can't say whether or not things will work with AmonRA because I don't use it.

Well it didnt work with Amon-ra as you said, I just wanted to see for myself, Iv used Amon-ra for the longest time now and prefer it over CW. Iv always had problems partioning my SD with CW.

You have two options really:

1) Use clockwork to flash CM6 only & then flash AmonRA back to the device.

2) Learn to sign apk/update.zips so you can delete a couple lines of text from the update-script then re-sign the zip to make it compatible with AmonRA.

Neither options should take much effort...