How to: Install CM6.1 (beta 0.30), DTApps2SD, and OC kernel

Guest twrock

Hi twrock, thanks for your reply.

I was checking the "The Ultimate Pulse Owners Guide" and the installation thread for Clockwork recovery by Flibble. I was a bit confused which steps exactly to follow, because it was also referring to those threads.

Oh well, I'll try again tonight! I hope I get it working this time. Thanks!

In The Ultimate Pulse Owners Guide, look at post #3 (Installing A 2.1 / 2.2 Custom Rom) and follow steps 1-6 to install Clockwork Recovery. BUT, substitute CW Recovery for AmonRA in Step 1 of that post, and things should work fine for you. After getting CW Recovery installed and working, follow the rest of the guide here.

Guest craigb244
Twrock, Tom G has just put out a new rom (beta 0.4), do you think the oc kernel for the 0.3 rom would work on this one?

Thanks

works fine for me just reflash the OC zip after flashing 1.4

Guest roockycoller
works fine for me just reflash the OC zip after flashing 1.4

Ok, you mean "after flashing 0.4" right?

Another question, to flash the new rom you need to start all over again? That is, from the official rom, then flashing the new cm 0.4 rom and finally all the other zip files like dtapps2sd.zip?

Thanks

Twrock, Tom G has just put out a new rom (beta 0.4), do you think the oc kernel for the 0.3 rom would work on this one?

Thanks

ARRRRRRRRRGH! I'm sitting here, half watching a football game on TV and trying to decide if I want to mess around with the new 0.4 rom, and my trackball fails! I don't mean some kind of software setting, but an actual hardware fail. I can't scroll up anymore. It's feels like something is stuck, and the ball will not rotate upward. I guess I'll have to reflash the CHT8000 official 2.1 rom and take it in for repair tomorrow. I am officially "not happy"! Just about the time I finally have a really good OS working on this phone, the hardware fails. Ok, I guess I'm going to find out how the warranty works. This is a first for me; I've never had a phone's hardware fail on me before.

I guess that helps me decide that I won't be experimenting with 0.4 for a while. :P

But it looks like from Tom's description that this version only corrects a problem I've already got a solution for. If that is so, I don't see any reason to upgrade. Maybe there is more to it than that. On the up side, that should mean that by the time I get my phone fixed, all of you will have done the experimenting for me, and can tell me whether or not I should bother. :D

Guest Richard van Nieuwenhuizen

Installed 0.40.

+

dtapps2sd_2.7.5.2_signed

+

gapps-pulse-20101020

Bu when I go into SuperUser and do a

a2sd check

I get an error: segmentation fault

Is this fixable??!!

Installed 0.40.

+

dtapps2sd_2.7.5.2_signed

+

gapps-pulse-20101020

Bu when I go into SuperUser and do a

a2sd check

I get an error: segmentation fault

Is this fixable??!!

yeah me too can't seem to get DTa2sd working? anyone got any info on this?

edit

apparently :

----

Segmentation fault usually indicates that a program is corrupted or is for the wrong platform (i.e. compiled for an Intel processor but ran on an ARM processor). Bash is the same version as it always has been since 2.7. I would try reflashing Darktremor again (in case it did get corrupted). Worse case, reflash the rom, then Darktremor.

If those steps don't work, let me know what rom you are using and I'll see what I can find out for you.

Also...did you upgrade your rom to a newer version? It's possible there is some issue with a newer version. But try the two suggestions first and let me know the results.

----

http://forum.xda-developers.com/archive/in...670087-p-3.html

Edited by peelie

Guest Fulcrum_X
In The Ultimate Pulse Owners Guide, look at post #3 (Installing A 2.1 / 2.2 Custom Rom) and follow steps 1-6 to install Clockwork Recovery. BUT, substitute CW Recovery for AmonRA in Step 1 of that post, and things should work fine for you. After getting CW Recovery installed and working, follow the rest of the guide here.

I followed every step, nothing more, nothing less.. however I couldn't get it to work. Still got the Android logo, without doing anything.

Installed the CM6 AIO R2 (based on 0.30), which does work and boots immediately.. strange! Anyway, thanks for your help :-)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jordanclarke69

thanks twrock, that's really helpful!!

i've posted on another forum but thought i'd re-post here as well, because you've defo made the easiest to understand guide for updating to cyanogenmod -

(((((hey group, if i'm already on v0.3. do i only have to download and install the v0.4 zip or do i need to re-flash gapps/darktremors/app2sd??

and if i do this, will i need to reinstall all my apps, and browser bookmarks or change my JIT settings etc the first time i thun the phone on?)))))

Guest AntonioPT
thanks twrock, that's really helpful!!

i've posted on another forum but thought i'd re-post here as well, because you've defo made the easiest to understand guide for updating to cyanogenmod -

(((((hey group, if i'm already on v0.3. do i only have to download and install the v0.4 zip or do i need to re-flash gapps/darktremors/app2sd??

and if i do this, will i need to reinstall all my apps, and browser bookmarks or change my JIT settings etc the first time i thun the phone on?)))))

Yes, you can just flash 0.4 over 0.3 without wiping, you will not lose any apps/bookmarks/settings/whatever.

Yes, you can just flash 0.4 over 0.3 without wiping, you will not lose any apps/bookmarks/settings/whatever.

There is one obscure thing that might happen, but it is very unlikely to affect anyone but people who know how to fix it.

If you modified the 0.3 rom by pre-installing any any apps into /system/app prior to installing that rom, those apps will be gone. I don't know why, I just know it happened. I lost both AndExplorer and HanvonCalla Chinese IME and had to reinstall both of those after updating to 0.4. But it did not affect Gapps and it will not affect the vast majority of users.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest malvekx

Hey! I've the CM in my Huawei U8230, and I can't read any SD Card, I insert it and the phone just say "It's secure to remove the SD Card" :s

Can someone help me, please?

Guest malvekx

Hey! I've the CM in my Huawei U8230, and I can't read any SD Card, I insert it and the phone just say "It's secure to remove the SD Card" :s

Can someone help me, please?