[ROM] Roggin's CM6.1 Build(Based on Xian's device tree)

Guest roggin

The battery drains a lot after installing "screen lock" app. I found the batter drains 8% in one hour with idle. Does anyone have the similar issue?

no, comrade.

Guest lvcargnini

Hi,

Guys, stoping using this ROM and starting using the new GingerBread ROM, also from Roggin

New GingerBread CM7

It is already using the new CyanogenMOD 7, is more stable and useful than this current CM6, also this way Roggin and all the community can concentrate efforts on the new Cyanogen and new Release of Android.

Edited by lvcargnini

Hi,

Guys, stoping using this ROM and starting using the new GingerBread ROM, also from Roggin

New GingerBread CM7

It is already using the new CyanogenMOD 7, is more stable and useful than this current CM6, also this way Roggin and all the community can concentrate efforts on the new Cyanogen and new Release of Android.

thank you captain obvious.

Guest fear_factory84
+1. It will be cool if you upload sources.

they are on github.. search the thread about kernel sources. Also koudelka has now setup it's tree based on roggin's one, you can find the link on gingerbread thread.

A question to roggin and other devs, it could be possible to have the lastest stable cyanogenmod 6.1 with the latest kernel advances that could be found on gingerbread cyanogenmod 7 (roggin's tree or koudelka tree...)?

Guest koudelka
they are on github.. search the thread about kernel sources. Also koudelka has now setup it's tree based on roggin's one, you can find the link on gingerbread thread.

A question to roggin and other devs, it could be possible to have the lastest stable cyanogenmod 6.1 with the latest kernel advances that could be found on gingerbread cyanogenmod 7 (roggin's tree or koudelka tree...)?

Yes, i see no reason why the kernels for current cm7 would not work with this rom ;)

Guest eiben_robert
Yes, i see no reason why the kernels for current cm7 would not work with this rom ;)

Hello Koudelka,

I will bother you with two questions:

1. I flashed the updated your bootv2 with MIUI ROM and it seems to be working Ok: OC, app2sd, swap... What exactly is missing / not working in this last kernel? Or basically you have now a fully functioning patched kernel that can be implemented in other ROM's (like LCR, CM6.1, etC)?

2. In order to apply the new kernel to CM6.1 is it enough to just flash with in recovery (stupid question)?

Thanks

Robert

PS: Roggin & team if you can have the time please update the CM6.1 ROM with latest developments. A stable fully functioning CM6.1 would for sure have a lot of users until CM7 goes "gold" for daily use.

Guest fear_factory84
Hello Koudelka,

I will bother you with two questions:

1. I flashed the updated your bootv2 with MIUI ROM and it seems to be working Ok: OC, app2sd, swap... What exactly is missing / not working in this last kernel? Or basically you have now a fully functioning patched kernel that can be implemented in other ROM's (like LCR, CM6.1, etC)?

2. In order to apply the new kernel to CM6.1 is it enough to just flash with in recovery (stupid question)?

1. As I understand reading the gingerbread (cm7) thread bluetooth audio doesn't work so much and power draining is still not optimal (but not too bad as it was some months ago with community kernels).

2. Yes, in theory, do a nandroid backup first ;)

PS: Roggin & team if you can have the time please update the CM6.1 ROM with latest developments. A stable fully functioning CM6.1 would for sure have a lot of users until CM7 goes "gold" for daily use.

+1

Guest fear_factory84

Tried to apply the thepasto compcache kernel for cm7 on this rom, but touchscreen was completely broken. They said me on irc to use the miui kernel pack.. I don't tested it, as I'm back to lcr-f 2...

http://koudelka.dyndns.org/liquidfiles/Miui_compcache.zip

Guest eiben_robert
Tried to apply the thepasto compcache kernel for cm7 on this rom, but touchscreen was completely broken. They said me on irc to use the miui kernel pack.. I don't tested it, as I'm back to lcr-f 2...

http://koudelka.dyndns.org/liquidfiles/Miui_compcache.zip

After a beer and a nandroid backup I flashed

- roggin cm 6.1

- wifi tether fix

- thepasto's APP2SD fix (miui thread page 30)

- latest choco kernel from miui thred.

Status: HW seems working except bluetooth and is fast as hell with compcache enabled. Battery drain I would say double than stock (approx 3% per hour on standby with 3G data and sync).

Definitely usable on daily basis if you don't use bluetooth and don't mind a bit shorter battery life

• 3 weeks later...

Is roggin or somebody else able to continue this project? I feel sad that this has been left behind because this is still the fastest and least memory hungry Froyo ROM on Liquid. I tried T&L and quite quickly went back to this, because T&L (and others..) just doesn't match the speed and smoothness :(

Guest the red blue blur
Is roggin or somebody else able to continue this project? I feel sad that this has been left behind because this is still the fastest and least memory hungry Froyo ROM on Liquid. I tried T&L and quite quickly went back to this, because T&L (and others..) just doesn't match the speed and smoothness :(

install latest kernel from CM7, or just CM7 coz its better and smoother...