Noob guide for rooting/flashing SF

Guest LostGeordie

Guest LostGeordie

Hi everyone,

For the last few weeks I have been reading, alot, about the san fran and have recently took the plundge and ordered one. I have read as much of what I have found on here and watched the available youtube guides. THe amount of effort everyone has gone too is amazing!

When my phone arrives I plan to see if I can follow the guides to sucessfully sort out my phone. However despite my many hours reading and googling phrases and terminology, I am still a little unsure about a few things. In particular, my lack of experience or writing command prompts and understanding different where to save/access things in appropriate directories is somewhat lacking.

My question therefore, is does anyone know of a complete idiots guide to rooting etc, a SF? I dont want to start asking hundreds of questions in the forums if theres simply something I havent found already.

+1 for this ! much the same as you lostgeordie i received my san fran yesterday (£82.95 what a deal) i,ve unlocked it and put in an asda sim but i cant get the mms settings to work despite getting the 3g to work ? any advice on all issues would be gratefully received

being a newbie to android i just followed instructions as per guides given n with litte r n d you will get there i am on froyo 2.2 on sf with the guides n its worth it. long live modaco.

Follow the guide for clockwork mod first, pretty easy for a noob if :

- you realise that fastboot is a program that runs on your PC

- you know how to open a command prompt in windows (technical guys forget that this is alien to 90% of the population)

- you put the clockwork mod in the same folder as unzipped fastboot

- your PC already sees the phone over USB, I needed drivers and that threw me some strange errors

Once clockwork mod is done ROMs can be loaded from SD card by turning phone on with volume down pressed, easy as that.