Just purchased liquid E, can it be restored to 100% factory

Guest Devils-Haven

Guest Devils-Haven

my liquid e is at factory settings right now, before i want to start playing with it i have some questions i can't really find the answers to

1: as i see the first thing to do before starting to play around is to install malez recovery, instructions to do so are simple, but if i where to have hardware issues later on, i would like to restore it to the original restore mode, can't find anywhere how to uninstall malez recovery? can it be done?

2: as i see liquid community froyo release is a rom, and stock image files are bins, can i install a 2.2 rom, while currently its at stock 2.1? or do i need to bin to 2.2 and then install the rom?

sadly the instructions are clear, but lack screen shots or real step by step tutorials going over every detail, and i can't seem to locate any video tutorials

Edited by Devils-Haven

Guest simoneser
my liquid e is at factory settings right now, before i want to start planing with it i have some questions i can't really find the answers to

1: as i see the first thing to do before starting to play around is to install malez recovery, instructions to do so are simple, but if i where to have hardware issues later on, i would like to restore it to the original restore mode, can't find anywhere how to uninstall malez recovery? can it be done?

2: as i see liquid community froyo release is a rom, and stock image files are bins, can i install a 2.2 rom, while currently its at stock 2.1? or do i need to bin to 2.2 and then install the rom?

sadly the instructions are clear, but lack screen shots or real step by step tutorials going over every detail, and i can't seem to locate any video tutorials

1: Yes it can be done reflashing a bin that will also delete root

2: You have to install 2.2 bin first and then LCRF rom

Guest Devils-Haven
1: Yes it can be done reflashing a bin that will also delete root

2: You have to install 2.2 bin first and then LCRF rom

a stock bin file will restore the recovery mode to stock as well?

is this bin flashing tutorial and A1 tool work on acer liquid e? or do i need something else?

Edited by Devils-Haven

Guest Devils-Haven
Yes, stock bin will erase everything (root, recovery, everything).

You can find a tutorial on how to flash here: http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...-acer-liquid-e/

And download the latest Froyo bin for Liquid E here: http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...-gen1-05-01-05/

yes i forgot to paste the link to that post, but i thin i got it, downloading right now, and doing it on a laptop just in case power goes out for what ever reason

thx for the quick help, and this can be closed