[QUESTION] How to extract bin files

Guest Dario93

Guest Dario93

Hi everyone,

For my latest ROM,i used the leak 4.504b, so i had to extract files from the bin. The only way i know to do this is to make a nandroid,the take the system.img,data.img,boot.img and put them in a kitchen,then kitchen will extract them in the working folder..

So my question is: Is there another way to extract files from Acer .bin files?

Thanks in advance,

Dario

Hi everyone,

For my latest ROM,i used the leak 4.504b, so i had to extract files from the bin. The only way i know to do this is to make a nandroid,the take the system.img,data.img,boot.img and put them in a kitchen,then kitchen will extract them in the working folder..

Thanks in advance,

Dario

That's what I use too, but there is more than that. Go "cat /proc/mtd." But I don't use nandroid as I use this old technique of pack repack for boot.img at least. Of course repack boot with liquidbootimg.

And then they talk about rootfs image. Where do we get this from?

And then the dreaded recovery image. Man I want to make a recovery of my own too you know. At least modify malez recovery. I tried it once, blew up on my face hehe.

I don't even know how to repack frame-res.apk. I unpack the froyo leak version it with apktool but once I repack and sign it, it also blows.

I can forget about git and porting for now, and then we can really have a good kitchen once this is all out in the open specifically ffor liquid, making it a real open source.

That's just my dream, so wake up now. :) :) :( I'm just letting out some of my steam, ok.

Guest Dario93
That's what I use too, but there is more than that. Go "cat /proc/mtd." But I don't use nandroid as I use this old technique of pack repack for boot.img at least. Of course repack boot with liquidbootimg.

And then they talk about rootfs image. Where do we get this from?

And then the dreaded recovery image. Man I want to make a recovery of my own too you know. At least modify malez recovery. I tried it once, blew up on my face hehe.

I don't even know how to repack frame-res.apk. I unpack the froyo leak version it with apktool but once I repack and sign it, it also blows.

I can forget about git and porting for now, and then we can really have a good kitchen once this is all out in the open specifically ffor liquid, making it a real open source.

That's just my dream, so wake up now. :) :) :( I'm just letting out some of my steam, ok.

Thanks for the bootimg suggestion :( I also had this problems with framework-res,it blows up every time i try to edit it.. -.-"

Man I want to make a recovery of my own too you know. At least modify malez recovery. I tried it once, blew up on my face hehe.

Just tell me what feature is missing you instead.There is a bugtracker for that. If you want to help to enhance recovery features, it would be with pleasure. If you want to steal what i did after hours and hours of hard work, that's different.

Edited by malez

Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance,

Dario

As piter said. You will find the file in a SDCAPPZ folder that will be in the same directory as the bin file.

You even don't have to flash the bin to have them. Just press the start button and unplug your phone immediatly. Your phone won't have time to do anything and files will be extracted.

Guest Dario93
As piter said. You will find the file in a SDCAPPZ folder that will be in the same directory as the bin file.

You even don't have to flash the bin to have them. Just press the start button and unplug your phone immediatly. Your phone won't have time to do anything and files will be extracted.

Many thanks! :)