Soaked Acer S100, cant connect to pc and gets overheated

Guest landworby

Guest landworby

When it runs on charger the battery is drying and the video chip gets overheated, pc doesnt recognize it when connected! The origin of the problem is that some water got inside. I cleaned it with ultra sonic cleaner 3days ago. Then i replaced 4 burned capacitor but nothing changed!

Any idea?

Guest vanisleguy1976
When it runs on charger the battery is drying and the video chip gets overheated, pc doesnt recognize it when connected! The origin of the problem is that some water got inside. I cleaned it with ultra sonic cleaner 3days ago. Then i replaced 4 burned capacitor but nothing changed!

Any idea?

Did you dry it before you connected it??

If you ever get your phone wet, immediately remove the battery and put it in a container of rice or silica gel. And leave it there for a day or two. I fear your phone may be toast if you attempted to use it right away.

Any idea?

What I have done 3-4 times was to put the phones into a glass of pure alcohol (>90%) for half a minute and then take it apart and let it dry for a couple of hours or as long as it takes. Then you turn it on. I'm saying this because alcohol removes any water left in the phone and then evaporates. This may be your problem and I do not know if you are willing to re-soak your phone. Ive used this method to 4, maybe more phones with absolute success. Those were dumb phones though

Guest landworby
Did you dry it before you connected it??

If you ever get your phone wet, immediately remove the battery and put it in a container of rice or silica gel. And leave it there for a day or two. I fear your phone may be toast if you attempted to use it right away.

Sadly i bought it already damaged and i figured out the problem when i connected to my pc at home, i dont know what happaned to the phone exactly.

Guest landworby
What I have done 3-4 times was to put the phones into a glass of pure alcohol (>90%) for half a minute and then take it apart and let it dry for a couple of hours or as long as it takes. Then you turn it on. I'm saying this because alcohol removes any water left in the phone and then evaporates. This may be your problem and I do not know if you are willing to re-soak your phone. Ive used this method to 4, maybe more phones with absolute success. Those were dumb phones though

It was soaked about 3-4 months earlier, and just as i said its already cleaned, so it has to be dry now

Guest landworby
Do you know what the original owner of the device did after it got soaked? Maybe that could give a couple pointers as to what went wrong.

The last owner i could find has the phone already damaged so there is no way to find out what happened exactly. the fact that i know it was soaked, is the indicator on the motherboard wich is purple intsead of white

That is quite possibly the worst thing you can do to a phone. The alcohol will dissolve some of the adhesives used to assemble the phone. The detrimental effects won't be immediately apparent, but the damage has been done. Patience and some sort of desiccant are all that is necessary.

Guest hatredwicked

to others with soaked phones, 1st must remove the battery then dry the battery surface and then short the VCC and ground with a 10 ohm resistor

Guest landworby
to others with soaked phones, 1st must remove the battery then dry the battery surface and then short the VCC and ground with a 10 ohm resistor

Thx for the tip im forwarding it to my repairman!

Guest Delnar_Ersike

Also, air drying a soaked phone is not enough, as the water within could still be there for months if you dry the device via air drying. Instead, remove the battery, then put both the device and the battery in an airtight bag (ZipLoc bags are great for this, but I know they aren't available in Hungary; tépőzáras zacskót is lehet használni, de akkor egy olyat kell, aminek jó a tépőzárja) filled with silica gel or packets of silica gel and then leave them there for about 3 days. And do not, under any circumstances, turn the device on, as that could short a lot of the components within the phone.

Edited by Delnar_Ersike

Guest landworby
Also, air drying a soaked phone is not enough, as the water within could still be there for months if you dry the device via air drying. Instead, remove the battery, then put both the device and the battery in an airtight bag (ZipLoc bags are great for this, but I know they aren't available in Hungary; tépőzáras zacskót is lehet használni, de akkor egy olyat kell, aminek jó a tépőzárja) filled with silica gel or packets of silica gel and then leave them there for about 3 days. And do not, under any circumstances, turn the device on, as that could short a lot of the components within the phone.

THX!:rolleyes:

Any idea?

Guest dennerjw

Also, the sticker on the battery turns either solid white or SOLID pink/red when it gets wet. Normally it has pink/red X's on it, with a white background.

Guest landworby
Also, the sticker on the battery turns either solid white or SOLID pink/red when it gets wet. Normally it has pink/red X's on it, with a white background.

Pic: post-784759-1289174262_thumb.jpg