Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest bobhero
Ok, full SD installer (1024mb partition) is online: beta2_1024.zip

Please check if it works for You and let me know.

I advise before first boot to put o2b2update.tar.gz file with 2D/3D drivers on My Storage (as always these libs are not included).

thank you I am downloading.

Were there ever 2d/3d driver updates or are they the same as originally released in January?

In the site http://o2droid.phj.hu/trac/timeline is written

15:57 Changeset [74] by phj

beta2 missing files .

Does anyone knows what that mean ?

Surprisingly there were some (many ) files which were not comitted to the SVN in the first step, so it was necessary to commit the missing fiiles again.... Now the SVN is the same as the original beta2

Guest djsolidsnake86

I advise before first boot to put o2b2update.tar.gz file with 2D/3D drivers on My Storage (as always these libs are not included).

work good for now, but no root access in root check

Guest voyteckst
work good for now, but no root access in root check

How many times should I write that root checker don't work. Try SetCPU.

Edited by voyteckst

Guest felalex

]Hi All,

Just having a strange issue.

I've installed beta2 OTO beta1, following the procedure posted in this thread (on SD card).

Installation was smooth and everything seems to work, except that I can't install new applications.

I get a message that states "Sorry, there's not enough space to install this item".

I've used "dh -f" from ADB shell to get the disk usage and it states that:

I have 2.2G on / with 11% used!

On the SD card I have 4.9G free.

I've attached the screenshot.

post-616760-1297447711_thumb.jpg

Appreciate any help,

Thanks.

Guest problematika

Thanks that you loosing your afternoon time for stupid questions, like mine. But, ofc, got a few of them. Sry if I m annoying you. :P

1. That file (beta2_1024) contain everything for inatllation to My storage? (except libs, which we just have to use 7-Zip and open the ext2.tar.gz file and the file containing the 2d/3d libraries, and then drag and drop the 2d/3d libs into the right folder in ext2.tar.gz?)

2. Are we must replace sd.cpio.gz file with "modifieded" sd.cpio.gz for installation to My storage?

3. Where we must create empty folder "installinternal"?....(i know, somebody told in root)...but where, into the o2beta folder, or just in My storage?

and the last... :D

4. When we done all steps...can we normally use steps with uBuntu, or that modified file sd.cpio.gz will do everything for us? (it means - no ubuntu)?

Thanks again...know...im suck...but i must learn sometimes. :huh:

Guest bobhero

Having trouble. I started with a freshly formatted fat16 (single partition) micro sd card which I have been using with beta 1 since january (i have formatted the card many time in the same way without any trouble).

deleted all previous beta1 files from my storage (o2beta folder, and all the other files in root)

copied your new package to my storage.

copied 2d/3d driver to root.

ran o2beta haret. reboot

ran root haret and it does not boot.

Just after it says "OK IPC TRANSFER START" the screen goes blank and then 10 seconds later phone reboots.

any suggestions?

Edited by bobhero

Guest ANGEL_666
Surprisingly there were some (many ) files which were not comitted to the SVN in the first step, so it was necessary to commit the missing fiiles again.... Now the SVN is the same as the original beta2

Thanks for update SVN! Want to ask - why you put android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch in permissions folder? Is it supported?

P.S. And there is one more framework in all samsung devices - called "com.samsung.device". What is it for, and why it not present in beta?

Edited by ANGEL_666

Guest voyteckst
Thanks for update SVN! Want to ask - why you put android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch in permissions folder? Is it supported?

P.S. And there is one more framework in all samsung devices - called "com.samsung.device". What is it for, and why it not present in beta?

Probably it can't because it's proprietary, but it's just a guess.

I downloaded the 2d/3d drivers from info thread(o2bupdate.tar.gz 1,480,017 bytes). Don't have to rename it to o2b2update.tar.gz right?

Having trouble. I started with a freshly formatted fat16 (single partition) micro sd card which I have been using with beta 1 since january (i have formatted the card many time in the same way without any trouble).

deleted all previous beta1 files from my storage (o2beta folder, and all the other files in root)

copied your new package to my storage.

copied 2d/3d driver to root.

ran o2beta haret. reboot

ran root haret and it does not boot.

Just after it says "OK IPC TRANSFER START" the screen goes blank and then 10 seconds later phone reboots.

any suggestions?

Same here, both on sd and my storage... :P( with or without 3d/2d libs

Does it matter if the windows' version 6.5.3 or just 6.5?

Guest TIEfighter
I downloaded the 2d/3d drivers from info thread(o2bupdate.tar.gz 1,480,017 bytes). Don't have to rename it to o2b2update.tar.gz right?

yes that´s the case.

just installed it and so far it works, I´ll try it for half an hour now and then I´ll post my experiences

Guest voyteckst
yes that´s the case.

just installed it and so far it works, I´ll try it for half an hour now and then I´ll post my experiences

From my installer?

I have to say, that I'm using beta2 from few days for daily usage and it works (altough chargind once per day)!

Edited by voyteckst

yes that´s the case.

I was just wondering, since the beta homepage says to put o2b2update(not o2bupdate). Will it work with either filename?

Guest TIEfighter
I was just wondering, since the beta homepage says to put o2b2update(not o2bupdate). Will it work with either filename?

I believe only o2b2 will work, not o2b

No , to avoid mistakes you MUST use the filename o2b2update.* for beta2 , o2bupdate.* is for the original beta....

It is hardcoded in /loadmod

Edited by phj

Please, someone, why is the screen goes blank after ipc transfer? i done a clean install with auto installer... tried to copy it to mystorage but none of this works.

Please, help :P

Guest TIEfighter
No , to avoid mistakes you MUST use the filename o2b2update.* for beta2 , o2bupdate.* is for the original beta....

It is hardcoded at /loadmod

Thanks for clarification :-) Awesome Job on the new beta!

So far the beta works very well, have been using data, now I´m using Wifi and i´ve done a reboot without any negative consequences. I´m not so sure if it really goes to sleep, since I haven´t had any problems waking it up so far :-D So either wakeup is working perfectly or it doesn´t go to sleep, I´ll investigate.

Guest TIEfighter
Please, someone, why is the screen goes blank after ipc transfer? i done a clean install with auto installer... tried to copy it to mystorage but none of this works.

Please, help :P

have you renamed the 2d/3d update to o2b2update.tar.gz?