Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Hi,

I did everything the descriptions told me to.

I formatted it from samsung settings.

I tried both updated beta's and i slipstreamed the 02bupdate..

but i keep getting frozen on the loading screen of Android..

I waited for 20 minutes a couple of times, but no progress..

what to do

have had the same issues ...

the only way i get rid of the frozen 'android' was:

reformat the ext2-partion and extract the two archives (ext2 & update) again

;-)

Edited by mosci

thanx man.. this working for me.. before this i used wrong method to combine those updates.. now everything woks fine.. no freeze after nearly 2 hours..

but, still jealous with Sinistersky bcoz Angry Birds is not playable.. but the +ve thing, it's working!! ;) Im sure this is just a beginning of andromnia :)

Yeh my angry birds works but is really slow and has the white spots all over the screen sometimes. But it doesn't crash at least.

Does Sinistersky have it running smoothly on an i8000???

Yeh my angry birds works but is really slow and has the white spots all over the screen sometimes. But it doesn't crash at least.

Does Sinistersky have it running smoothly on an i8000???

Found his post. His is running slow as well. I assume its like mine and REALLY slow.

I installed the one off the market place

Guest CalvinH

First of all, thank you very much for the Dev team.

I've been following this (like a lot of other people) since the 120 page thread onto the web and now here. Congratulations!

I guess now it's easy to understand how the beta took so much time. Am sure it has been very thoroughly tested by the devs, and this thread is already 16 pages, almost all of them of problems. So I guess people now understand why the devs where trying to have as much things running as possible.

Let's all be patient. There's no doubt the devs are doing their best to fix everything. Let's enjoy what we have and wait for future releases.

Regards.

PS. Can't wait to get home and try!

Guest Benmlgn
reformat the ext2-partion and extract the two archives (ext2 & update) again

;-)

Extract them to where..

I first ran "Haret.exe" from the O2 directory in my storage, after that was done i started "Haret.exe" from the root of my storage..

And i still get a frozen loading screen..

I reformatted it sometimes, i started from scratch like 5 times but no progress

Edited by Benmlgn

Guest kydkylin

Seems the phone part is not so stable.

It keeps showing "Sorry!The process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly.Please try again" and I just can't use the phone.Is this is because my using of ChinaUnicom's 3G SIM?But when I changed to ChinaMobile's 2G SIM, I still can't use the phone.

Anyway, except the phone part everything seems work fine for me.

Edited by kydkylin

Guest danix2k

I tried to install android since yesterday, but no chance!

i hava a 8gb sdhc card from kingston. I tried to format it on win vista, linux and win xp.

Formatted on 32bit, 16bit..

Install first part (o2beta) without problems, on the end there is a kernel panic, everytime.

If i tried to start the haret.exe on root, it boots and before the android animation it hangs ub :)

i dont know what i should do now.. On my omnia2 is a 6.5 rom from wm. Should it better be 6.5.3?

Is there a opportunity to install android on "my storage" ?

I hope anyone can help me ;)

Guest Benmlgn
guess where?

to the new foermated ext2 partition of course

;)

Lol it goes automatically right? if i run haret....

And it shouldn't be extracted right? i've seen multiple post where people say not to extract it and just run haret

Guest Dwarlor
I tried to install android since yesterday, but no chance!

i hava a 8gb sdhc card from kingston. I tried to format it on win vista, linux and win xp.

Formatted on 32bit, 16bit..

Install first part (o2beta) without problems, on the end there is a kernel panic, everytime.

If i tried to start the haret.exe on root, it boots and before the android animation it hangs ub :)

i dont know what i should do now.. On my omnia2 is a 6.5 rom from wm. Should it better be 6.5.3?

Is there a opportunity to install android on "my storage" ?

I hope anyone can help me ;)

Look at page 12 post 232.

Format the card on your phone in WM

Lol it goes automatically right? if i run haret....

And it shouldn't be extracted right? i've seen multiple post where people say not to extract it and just run haret

for me ... the automic installation did not work

so i do everthing by hand

create partition

format partition

extract tar's

and have fun until i need a back-button ... which i don't have on my b7610 ;)

Guest Dwarlor
for me ... the automic installation did not work

so i do everthing by hand

create partition

format partition

extract tar's

and have fun until i need a back-button ... which i don't have on my b7610 ;)

If I remember correctly from reading this thread it should be the letter "K" on your keyboard...

Not sure though... But worth a try, right ? :)

Guest Sinistersky
thanx man.. this working for me.. before this i used wrong method to combine those updates.. now everything woks fine.. no freeze after nearly 2 hours..

but, still jealous with Sinistersky bcoz Angry Birds is not playable.. but the +ve thing, it's working!! ;) Im sure this is just a beginning of andromnia :D

i can link you the modified version of angry birds 1.3.5 modified for spica....its very playable and very fast...not fast as iPhone or 2.2 but very fast...has some white squares here and there but playable enoughbto have fun...can i post the link in this forum here? it is like....30 frames faster than market version... so yea...awsum :)

Edited by Sinistersky

If I remember correctly from reading this thread it should be the letter "K" on your keyboard...

Not sure though... But worth a try, right ? ;)

it surely worth a try ... but im tired of reinstalling ...

it may work for one boot ... maby two ... but then it

hang up at boottime (android) or freeze directly

after booting (on the lock-screen or the initial-setup)

it was kind of funny to make a call and wrote a sms

... but its far arway from usable (for me)

windows mobile is not the best choice, but it works so far.

i decided to buy me a native android-phone ...

perhaps the cheap zte and keep watching this forum

maybe ... some day ... even my samsung-brick will be able

to run android .... hopefully :)

at this point ... without working usb and wifi there is not much left to do

but ...

i will give my deep & honest respect to the developers ...

they have done

a good and hard piece of work!!

i wish my knowledge was half as good regarding to develop linux-drivers (and so on)

i'm working with linux (in my job and at home) for years ... but i spend to less time

in c/c++ ... damn

:D

Guest sinseer

Great work guys! I've got the Beta up and running and it works great.

I've not used Android before but it already seems soo much quicker and slicker than windows.

One question:

I've downloaded live wallpapers from the market place but they won't run, I get a message saying that my version of Android doesn't support live wallpapers - I thought the Beta is running Eclair which should support live wallpapers?

Thanks for all your hard work, I think I'll be keeping my Omnia for a while - no need to get a Galaxy S ;)

Guest TIEfighter

Hey Guys,

i just wanted to remind you that there is a bug filing system for the Omnia2Droid Project at http://code.google.com/p/omnia2droid (find it in "issues")

This is probably the best way to post bugs that you have found. Why? Because the developers don´t have to read through all the (soon) 20 pages of this thread and pick out the errors. Furthermore, people that have the same bug/error/issue can vote for an issue to be fixed, thereby giving the developers a chance to see what errors should/could be adressed immediatly.

The only requirement for using this system is a google account, which you probably will need anyway if you try to install android on your phone.

PS: If I´m mistaken and the developers prefer scanning through the forum, please let me know ;)

Did someone try benchmarking stability on Class4 sdhc and on class 6 ? with omnia2droid

any differences ? i have a class4 and the Read/Write speeds aren't pretty

* if nobody did im gonna buy a 15Mb/s card and see if it helps with loading apps ( App not responding stuff )

i think it could be due to slow write/read speeds

Edited by jjrt

Not sure though... But worth a try, right ? ;)

they 'K' did not work on my qwertz-layout

but

'F' works well!!

Almost everything is working smooth, do notice some graphical glitches when coming out of standby.

I do have the following issue although it should work, anybody else?

- USB debugging, even though it's on, my computer doesn't see any new device

p.s. logged on project site as well...

Edited by XeOS

Guest TIEfighter
Almost everything is working smooth, do notice some graphical glitches when coming out of standby.

I do have the following issue although it should work, anybody else?

- USB debugging, even though it's on, my computer doesn't see any new device

p.s. logged on project site as well...

I can confirm the bluetooth bug, and I´ve starred it on the project page. Okay, the download site states that it´s not yet working, while the development page claims it´s a beta Feature. Since the download site seems to be latest news, i guess it shouldn´t be working. As for USB Debugging, that seems to be a rather tricky thing according to that website:

http://code.google.com/p/omnia2droid/wiki/InstallAppsADB

Edited by TIEfighter

Guest kydkylin

1.I've run the angry birds patched version 1.3.5 successfully and the speed is rathre fast. ;) But yes, white squares are came across and the programs hangs soon. ;) Maybe with further improved graphics libs this would not be a problem. ;)

2.Home Switcher + LaunchPro really make the Android home amazing fast. :D Could them be cooked into our next Android beta version? ;)

3.I still can't use the phone. Either to make a call or run the FM. It just keeps saying""Sorry!The process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly.Please try again."" :)

I don't know whether is as I'm using the WCDMA SIM.I know it has been suppoted yet but it seems I can't use the 2G network either at the moment. :D

Edited by kydkylin

Guest drwakey
please dont post any more mirrors here ;)

Can someone who have tried it, put up a video? :)

Yep, will do this today.

[reserved for edit]