Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest djsolidsnake86
I think that he bought it because you can install Windows Mobile, Windows Phone 7, Android, Ubuntu and Maemo! You can have 5 decives in all one! It's incredible!

(Correct me if I'm wrong) :D

exactly! and is ready for android 3.0!

Edited by djsolidsnake86

Guest cicciosprint
exactly! and is ready for android 3.0!

Same goes for the Atrix and Galaxy S II. With the added plus that:

- you won't be tempted to install that walking disaster that is WP7

- you get NFC

- you get a DUAL CORE with dedicated GPU

- you get a Super AMOLED/Gorilla Glass qHD display

in short, you get two high-end devices that are truly ready for Ice Cream. Sorry to break the bad news, buddy, but saying that the HD2 is "Compatible with Android 3.0" (Honeycomb, that is) when Honeycomb runs on dual cores and on a new software foundation (drivers and the like) is a bold-faced illusion :D As speedfrog said, you should've just gotten a proper Android device.

But it's your money, your judgment, your win or your woes.

Back to topic, anyone knows what is the required dev env to compile the kernel? I'd like to give it a shot with a nightly build.

- you get NFC

in short, you get two high-end devices that are truly ready for Ice Cream. Sorry to break the bad news, buddy, but saying that the HD2 is "Compatible with Android 3.0" (Honeycomb, that is) when Honeycomb runs on dual cores and on a new software foundation (drivers and the like) is a bold-faced illusion :D As speedfrog said, you should've just gotten a proper Android device.

Back to topic, anyone knows what is the required dev env to compile the kernel? I'd like to give it a shot with a nightly build.

An HTC HD2 is for 200€ more or less in Spain (Second Hand, but with anything wrong), and the Atrix and the Samsung Galaxy S II I don't know how much cost them, because here there aren't yet, but we only have to see the prize of the Samsung Galaxy S.

Regards

Edited by urkopi

Guest speedfrog
I think that he bought it because you can install Windows Mobile, Windows Phone 7, Android, Ubuntu and Maemo! You can have 5 decives in all one! It's incredible!

(Correct me if I'm wrong) :D

why would you want that when you could have android perfectly running?

why would you want that when you could have android perfectly running?

Because, the Android in the HD2 is running perfectly! xD (or this is that I have seen in videos and coments)

not as good as a real android device...

but enough with the off topic.

OkOk, now, can anyone explain me what means FIMD4x and why with the patches of marc the Android is not booting correctly if we don't have the charger connected?

Thanks speedfrog for your coments about the Android Decives!

Regards.

Guest michalusa

I have installed Android Beta 2 and i have a few problem.

1. Market place doesn't work me. I can't connect via Wi-Fi but via GSM network it's OK.

2. I don't see any contacts in bookmark contact but i can search and then i can see them.

sorry for my english.

Guest djsolidsnake86

- you get NFC

i've read that android 3.0 for smartphone will be icecream (2.4)

3.0 will be for tablet only

and hd2 is ready for 2.4, and i think also for future versions

all is possible with that phone

i will buy a dual core/super amoled/gorilla glass phone when they will have a honest price

that's all

for now i love my new hd2, but also my old omnia2 :D

Guest problematika

HD2, galaxy S, desire HD, O7, iCrap 4...mega giga off topic. :D Does anyone has installed android on ext4? Because I were read that someone did it... I have serious trouble to install android on ext2. Actually I installed on ext2 just once and I want to reinstall with new drivers - no chance. Then I made ext3 and now android run great (with new drivers). And also I noticed that 0.84 GB of my storage is missing, ubuntu recognize my 'disk' like 'disk_'. strange...

Guest Chelonian
I will try made a hard reset on my phone and install a new rom...so can you tell me what rom, csc and eboot are you use??? or someone else that wifi works can tell me please...it's my last attempt to make wifi works...

I use Rapid's Sense rom, I didn't overwrite the csc and eboot thingies. Anyway, I don't think your problem is related to WM, it should be something with the install or the hardware, but that last bit wouldn't make much sense since yours and mine should be identical...

I use Rapid's Sense rom, I didn't overwrite the csc and eboot thingies. Anyway, I don't think your problem is related to WM, it should be something with the install or the hardware, but that last bit wouldn't make much sense since yours and mine should be identical...

i don't know why it's happen, installation i always successful, no issues, no bugs...thx for your help...i will keep trying something...

Guest titocava

Hello averyone, i decided install beta2 1024 on my omnia 2 i8000

I´ve some troubles. the partition es created ok. but, when run haret.exe from root, android load stay "ok ipc transer start..!"

The phone is restarting and come back to winmo.

sorry my poor english. any idea?

Guest problematika
Hello averyone, i decided install beta2 1024 on my omnia 2 i8000

I´ve some troubles. the partition es created ok. but, when run haret.exe from root, android load stay "ok ipc transer start..!"

The phone is restarting and come back to winmo.

sorry my poor english. any idea?

find 2D/3D drivers and add them to root of my storage! rename them to 'o2b2update.tar.gz'!

Guest aerovolce
does anyone know how to config the kernel for EXT4

as it says here

http://code.google.com/p/omnia2droid/issues/detail?id=88#c11

Info has been updated by sDoola:

kernel config:

CONFIG_EXT4_FS=y

CONFIG_EXT4_FS_XATTR=y

CONFIG_LBDAF=y

Unfortunately i myself is not yet experienced in modifying the image. I'm trying but have not yet been successful. Maybe someone of more knowledge can figure this out in the mean time

i've put the phone in 3G only mode, and it stopped with not waking up after sleep, ( dial *#4636#*#*)

also wifi is still responding after sleep, before it wouldnt

could someone confirm this ?

* also i've installed advanced task killer @ option " autokill freq ->when screen off " and auto kill level -> safe

thanks dude, anyway how good is it on ext4?

more stable, little more speed

but benchmark score worse than ext2(similar)

but better than ext3

i feel speed more than ext2

i think ext4 best for omnia2

but my upload kernel is for korea omnia2

it maybe has problem( example - boot failed with kernel panic fatal exception ...)

i think bettery driver little diffrent...

original beta1 kernel(for i8000) at korea omnia2->

usb connected - nomally working

usb not connected - not working , boot failed with kernel panic fatal exception

sorry for my bad english

Edited by kgp700

Guest aerovolce
i'm modified for ext4

ext4 nice working

but this kernel optimized to korea omnia2(SCH-M715)

be careful to use

rename to zImage

and use

download - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZJHYGHRB

http://www.mediafire.com/?06jqiv9z148fzj4

tried it with my omnia2 (regular); works impressively.

Can confirm big quadrant boost, it is now above magic just via the update in i/O

memory: 226

i/o 765

2d: 118

3d 95

Fyi, to convert your current partition into ext4 requires only 3 lines of code so, would recommend this!

http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/linux-conver...ile-system.html

Thanks KGP!

Guest voyteckst
i'm modified for ext4

ext4 nice working

but this kernel optimized to korea omnia2(SCH-M715)

be careful to use

rename to zImage

and use

download - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZJHYGHRB

http://www.mediafire.com/?06jqiv9z148fzj4

Have You used own kernel sources or took these from the project and only checked ext4 as an option in kernel config?

Edited by voyteckst