Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Hi guys!

I haven't notice this posted, but the sleep patch is out already...

http://o2droid.phj.hu/index_en.php

It's on the top of the page (at least it is right now).

Having some problems with the @·"#|@ google acount. Can't skit it neither log in, but anyway very happy to be fiddling with Android.

Regards.

PS XD XD XD XD It's funny to see how many of us are following this thing any moment

for google account try this: (that's the way I made it work XD)

turn OFF wifi !!

go to settings->accounts&sync

make sure you check "background data"

now click on "add account" button

it will take you to the setup wizard

put whathever user and password (we want an error syncyng)

so it will tell you "unable to blabalbal..." and on the bottom you'll see a button "enable wifi" select it and it will bring you to conections tab

select your wifi and it will bring you back to user and password, this time put the real ones you want to use and click next

it should say "succeful" and you're ready to use market ;)

Guest TIEfighter
I'd like to strongly thank all three devs that have been working on this during their free time a LOT, even though people were impatient and some time not nice to them at all.

Thank you so much for the hard work, and for willing to go further ! ;)

Yeah, I can only agree to that, the work they have done is absolutely astounding, and i would REALLY like to buy these guys a beer or two. Is that possible?

Guest TIEfighter
yes, i added the update yet...what's "fresh installation"?

back on page 7 i described how to add the updated files directly to the installation files. after that, you can just install Android again and already have the update installed with it. Someone who had Problems with the normal update said this way, while more complicated, helped with his issues ;)

Guest thew0lf
Yeah, I can only agree to that, the work they have done is absolutely astounding, and i would REALLY like to buy these guys a beer or two. Is that possible?

As far as I know, Almar has a link for donations. I hope we can convince Sandor and PHJ to get one as well.

Guest drwakey

btw, for the who arent able to use wifi atm (like me -.-), would someone be so kind and upload the apk's of "WiFi Manager" "Launcher Pro" "Opera Mobile" and so on somewhere?

plz :-)

Guest ASMARTTECHIE

Great work Dev's !!

I've got a nasty problem lol

I am unable to pass across the Google account sign in at the starting

It connects to wifi, i enter my user name & password.. and after submit it says signed in.. then on clicking finish, it gets back to the create acc/sign in page..

This is happening all over again and again..

helppp sos

.. thanx!

back on page 7 i described how to add the updated files directly to the installation files. after that, you can just install Android again and already have the update installed with it. Someone who had Problems with the normal update said this way, while more complicated, helped with his issues ;)

i update with this way...open with 7-zip and other things...

i take a picture from screen after try to turn wifi on...it's what happens...it's freeze in this screen with fm radio playing...

post-678624-1295458987_thumb.jpg

Edited by igorbr

Guest CalvinH
for google account try this: (that's the way I made it work XD)

turn OFF wifi !!

go to settings->accounts&sync

make sure you check "background data"

now click on "add account" button

it will take you to the setup wizard

put whathever user and password (we want an error syncyng)

so it will tell you "unable to blabalbal..." and on the bottom you'll see a button "enable wifi" select it and it will bring you to conections tab

select your wifi and it will bring you back to user and password, this time put the real ones you want to use and click next

it should say "succeful" and you're ready to use market ;)

Thank you very much!

I rebooted in order to apply the sleep patch and the next time I run android I could log in with no problem.

Regards.

Guest thew0lf
umm...do i have to like...reinstall the android fully or just overwrite the zimage by copying it to root?

Just overwrite the original zImage in /My Storage/ with the new one and it'll work ;)

umm...do i have to like...reinstall the android fully or just overwrite the zimage by copying it to root?

wondering the same thing, but im going for a fresh install ;)

Guest djsolidsnake86

with the new zimage files i get the android dumpstate screen error described many times in this topic

Edited by djsolidsnake86

Guest CalvinH
Great work Dev's !!

I've got a nasty problem lol

I am unable to pass across the Google account sign in at the starting

It connects to wifi, i enter my user name & password.. and after submit it says signed in.. then on clicking finish, it gets back to the create acc/sign in page..

This is happening all over again and again..

helppp sos

.. thanx!

Check what eskyo told me, maybe it is useful.

Anyway, I just turn off the phone (hold down lock screen button for some seconds) and then restarted android. And had no problem with the android log-in. I could use the phone without been locked on the wizard.

Regards.

Guest Sinistersky
Just overwrite the original zImage in /My Storage/ with the new one and it'll work ;)

awsum...just did that and ran haret.exe from root...reporting asap...btw..noticed that sim unlocking ( PIN thing) is way faster now than before the sleep patch..wich is awsum

EDIT: launcherpro 3d menu now works aswell but, still no contacts on SIM card...why is that?

Edited by Sinistersky

Guest CalvinH

About USB charge (on Android).

It works perfectly, and I have read some posts about USB charging not working. I have seen that if I have (in WinMO) USB settings set to Activesync, then USB Charge won't go. If I have USB set to Massive storage, USB charge will work perfectly.

Have to go. Android awaits!

Regards.

awsum...just did that and ran haret.exe from root...reporting asap...btw..noticed that sim unlocking ( PIN thing) is way faster now than before the sleep patch..wich is awsum

EDIT: launcherpro 3d menu now works aswell but, still no contacts on SIM card...why is that?

you have to import them first -> Menu -> Contacts -> mid-button -> Import/Export

Guest thew0lf
with the new zimage files i get the android dumpstate screen error described many times in this topic

Fixed by downloading the latest version of the beta (had the first one, and got the kernel panic). Download the newly uploaded version, from yesterday, launched o2beta/haret.exe to install it. Copy the new zImage to /My Storage/ Don't forget to install the 2D/3D fix, first page of this topic.

Edited by thew0lf

Guest Sinistersky
you have to import them first -> Menu -> Contacts -> mid-button -> Import/Export

yes...i actually tried that, but when i try to do that it says my SIM card has no contacts...and that is not correct because it has contacts on the SIM card ;)

Guest Sinistersky
yes, is needed a fresh install with that patch!

so what...do we need a fresh install or just copy the zimage to root folder and run haret from root?

Guest Sinistersky
yes, is needed a fresh install with that patch!

so what...do we need a fresh install or just copy the zimage to root folder and run haret from root?

Guest thew0lf
Fixed by downloading the latest version of the beta (had the first one, and got the kernel panic). Download the newly uploaded version, from yesterday, launched o2beta/haret.exe to install it. Copy the new zImage to /My Storage/ Don't forget to install the 2D/3D fix, first page of this topic.

I used My Storage root method... works fine for me.

€: ppl keeps asking the same questions over and over again.. just read the instructions on the o2droid page...

Edited by omgeee