Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest thebass
reboot a few times, helps

I was also having this issue, it worked the 2nd boot and then after it didn't work and then I tried again today and it found the network.

Guest AKniao

hi, everyone,

I tried to modify framework-res.apk to make the android 2.3 theme

but i have a problem, time is the color of black

like this:

wp6cx19ebz2gkcmb1zoi.png

This is only a small part of me to amend ,the main problem is time color

Anyone know how to modify time color into white

thank you.

sorry my English ,I learn English now :(

post-850582-1299383846_thumb.png

Edited by AKniao

Guest Pete B

So I have done a fresh install of beta2 on my storage using ext4 partition. Manually extracted the original graphics drivers (1446kB) in Ubuntu. Manually extracted the latest beta update and typed the commands in ubuntu as per the o2b2update.sh file. I did all of it manually because it doesn't auto update for me on Android boot which I think is something to do with my storage install and the partitions.

Everything was extracted in the right place and all the commands from o2b2update.sh were successfull.

But I kept getting sleep of death and sometimes freezing in Android.

So I thought I would try to install different 2d/3d files. I tried the one that is 1867kB but now the Android boot screen keeps coming up with messages "request_suspend_state: wakeup........" and they keep coming up until I pull the battery out. I assume this is something to do with the lib files in the update.

Can anyone who has Android running well with no freezes post the 2d/3d exact file SIZE of the o2b2update.tar.gz file they used.

There have been a number of 2D/3D files posted over the beta's life time and it is very hard to trace which one is which without the file size. It is hard to go back through all these pages to find who posted what 2d/3d files without file sizes or direct links.

Edited by Pete B

Tried to install it on a 1GB card.

Clean, ext2 formated card.

It did not work for me.

Does this suppose to work on a 1GB card?

Edited by rrr2

Guest AnYhOw

Hi. When I run the Haret in o2beta, it started loading and after it's trying to extract from ext2.tar onto my sd card, it said that ext2.tar cannot be found on My Storage.

But I already put it at the root of My Storage, i don't know why it cannot find it. Is there any steps that i miss out?

Guest greatwiseone

A couple of comments on the updated Beta 2:

Took me a day and a half to get it working

I tried updating my O2 Beta2 with the update from the dev's, and it basically didn't work (won't boot, or crash during boot). I ended up wiping the SD card, formatted it, and reinstalled it with O2 Beta 2, driver, and the newest update.

The system generally feels much faster and speedier compared to previous beta's. Way fewer "wait/force close" messages.

The charging seems to be slower than before. I'm not sure if it's because this updated Beta2 uses more power.

Sometimes after boot, the Beta 2 can't access the SIM card and therefore had to be rebooted again in order for it to be able to access the cellular network properly.

Sometimes, the wifi on Beta 2 just refuses to work. It won't be able to scan for networks, and, again, the Beta 2 had to be rebooted.

Still, great piece of work by the Dev's. I've been waiting for my O2 to properly autorotate into landscape (it only worked with selected programs in Windows)!

Guest mkmkwong
thank you!!! nice working

Happy all the time

may be way to beta1 module(dpram.ko) source download?

We're looking forard to your new compiling Korea's kernel. :(

Thanks

Edited by mkmkwong

Guest voyteckst
thank you!!! nice working

Happy all the time

may be way to beta1 module(dpram.ko) source download?

It's svn so just checkout revision You want :(

Guest lemalin
A couple of comments on the updated Beta 2:

Took me a day and a half to get it working

I tried updating my O2 Beta2 with the update from the dev's, and it basically didn't work (won't boot, or crash during boot). I ended up wiping the SD card, formatted it, and reinstalled it with O2 Beta 2, driver, and the newest update.

The system generally feels much faster and speedier compared to previous beta's. Way fewer "wait/force close" messages.

The charging seems to be slower than before. I'm not sure if it's because this updated Beta2 uses more power.

Sometimes after boot, the Beta 2 can't access the SIM card and therefore had to be rebooted again in order for it to be able to access the cellular network properly.

Sometimes, the wifi on Beta 2 just refuses to work. It won't be able to scan for networks, and, again, the Beta 2 had to be rebooted.

Still, great piece of work by the Dev's. I've been waiting for my O2 to properly autorotate into landscape (it only worked with selected programs in Windows)!

I am experiencing the same issues with being locked on SIM access as well as problems with WiFi.

I have Android installed to My Storage.

Rgds

Guest jackep_82
After running haret what happens to windows?

Does it still running in background?

windows wont run in background anymore.. your o2 will run android OS

Guest kaspy

I need help. I'm trying to install android but i always have the same problem and i tried a lot of ways but no luck.

When i click run on o2beta and start the installation process i get this message:

mount: mounting /dev/block/mmcblk0p5 on /sd card failed no such device or address

"cant mount internal flash!!!!!

i tried to change the default.txt and i formated the sd on ext2, but no luck. I also tried to format on fat32, but always the same message.

Anyone knows how to fix this problem?

Thanks a lot!!!

Guest mat9v

Errr, I always thought mmcblk0p5 was on internal storage logical partition 1

If you installed android on sdcard you have to have mmcblk1p2 (the 2 depends on the original partition layout of your sdcard)

Guest kaspy

Working to set ext3, ext4, fat32 in MyMemory etc... i had an abnormal block and 2GB of my memory now is totally empty sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

How can I do to have again 512MB of default hidden memory with louvre.mli image file of the ROM used?

Do I need some particular procedure or can I create just a FAT32 partition and reload WM ROM with OCTANS ?

Guest kaspy
Errr, I always thought mmcblk0p5 was on internal storage logical partition 1

If you installed android on sdcard you have to have mmcblk1p2 (the 2 depends on the original partition layout of your sdcard)

well thanks for the reply ,

actually i have lost my storage partion 512 mb , which had .mli file ,

how to get it back ,

i have already flashed the orignal wm6.1 again in the octanes with

1.nbo

2.csc

3. eboot

i have b7610 omnia pro

Guest mat9v

The only safe way to get my storage back is to flash full .MST file with Octans. That is the official firmware for the phone usually multilingual. You will find your 512 mb partition restored. Haven't ever found a use for it but there you have it.

Guest kaspy
The only safe way to get my storage back is to flash full .MST file with Octans. That is the official firmware for the phone usually multilingual. You will find your 512 mb partition restored. Haven't ever found a use for it but there you have it.

can u plz tell me where can i get the mst file for b7610

i have only my dump lovure.mli

Guest actionboyCZ

Hi I did all this

BUT It not worked. Step number 7, it didnt start android, but again windows :( I had android on my o2, but about few months i just waited for little better update. So Now i wanted instal clean BETA2 :(

solved by manual on XDA

Edited by actionboyCZ

Guest llaa51

anyone can share with us if ext4 on sd card runs better than ext4 on my storage? currently have android on ext4 in my storage. running quite well so far except for the fact that the battery drain is horrible (10% in about 1 - 2hrs, depending on usage). im assuming that if i install it on ext4 in sd card the phone will be slower and consume more battery life. anyone can clarify this?

Guest alexovy
anyone can share with us if ext4 on sd card runs better than ext4 on my storage? currently have android on ext4 in my storage. running quite well so far except for the fact that the battery drain is horrible (10% in about 1 - 2hrs, depending on usage). im assuming that if i install it on ext4 in sd card the phone will be slower and consume more battery life. anyone can clarify this?

I had ext4 on SD but before the 03.03.2011 update. Now I have the last update on My Storage.

On SD was slower, but maybe with the new update is faster because also on internal memory is faster.

On SD I had a lot of "Wait/Force Close" messages, I think because the memory bus is not that fast.

The battery was ok if I was doing the "airplane mode" trick. I was getting 2 days at max.

Sadly, now I have lots of freezes, but the system is fast and smooth and if you are lucky, you'll have a whole day without SOD and freeze :(

Edited by alexovy

Guest Sinistersky
I had ext4 on SD but before the 03.03.2011 update. Now I have the last update on My Storage.

On SD was slower, but maybe with the new update is faster because also on internal memory is faster.

On SD I had a lot of "Wait/Force Close" messages, I think because the memory bus is not that fast.

The battery was ok if I was doing the "airplane mode" trick. I was getting 2 days at max.

Sadly, now I have lots of freezes, but the system is fast and smooth.

what's the "airplane mode" trick?

Guest alexovy
what's the "airplane mode" trick?

you have turn the phone to airplane mode, leave it to go to sleep and then turn airplane mode off. It should reduce your "time without signal" significantly and also the battery life.

Guest jackep_82
you have turn the phone to airplane mode, leave it to go to sleep and then turn airplane mode off. It should reduce your "time without signal" significantly and also the battery life.

im gonna try this :(