Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest elbee72
hi all! i have B7620.but left side of screen not working.how i can fix it ?

is the screen working on winmo?

on what android versions is the screen not working ok (beta1/beta2/alpha)?

Guest shoarmabakpao
Radio chipset mentioned here is not FM Radio you listen to but the Phone part that allows you to make phone calls. So rather not. I suspect that when camera driver and implementation is complete we will loose even more ram (the same for Bluetooth). Or maybe I am wrong and they are complete on kernel level so no more memory loss in he future :(.

Even then Android (and it's underlying linux) is much better with memory management so it is not really a problem - you can run many apps at once and they will acquire/release memory when needed. I tried to bog down the system (opera with few tabs+music player+google maps+ few smaller fishes) and beside some slowdown due to, I think, some kind of swapping, I had no problem.

Oooh, I get it. So the Radio chipset is for my phone part.

oh well, without the phone part we couldn't call our phones an phone :)

Thank you for explaining it to me :(

Guest Gurbanyo
is the screen working on winmo?

on what android versions is the screen not working ok (beta1/beta2/alpha)?

in winmo working.beta2+2d3d but left side of screen not working.for example i click settings theres open icon which on the right side of setting icon.i think is the problem calibration.but how fix it?(b7610 and b7620 screen`s different?

Really strange because I'm using already one day the v3 drivers and have no problems.

I'm already at 14% after 16h since unplugged but I forgot two times the Wifi switched on for almost 1h30.

We have to optimize a little the Wi-Fi to turn it off during the screen off like it is in WinMo.

In fact my method of installation was the following:

Exactly delete all the stu_2k libs and replacing them with the original files from the beta2 (where applicable) and then rename to *.old of the files which will be replaced with the v3 archive

After copy to /system/libs.

I've also deleted everything in /data/dalvik-cache.

After all, rename of the files with 5700 to saturn as the softlinks where pointing to the saturn ones.

I haven't replaced the sensors files. Perhaps, because of this I've no problems.

i'll give it a try with a fresh new installation. installed android today 5x the same way as always but it doesn't want to boot properly. very strange. and i install with my script file, so it's definitly always the same way. in german: KOTZ KOTZ KOTZ

Guest surenz
i'll give it a try with a fresh new installation. installed android today 5x the same way as always but it doesn't want to boot properly. very strange. and i install with my script file, so it's definitly always the same way. in german: KOTZ KOTZ KOTZ

So let me explain again because the first time wasn't clear enough.

1. I download the 2d-3d-updatefix3.zip file.

2. Copying all the files except from the folder hw.

3. From the folder hw I copy just the two files copybit.GT-I5700.so and gralloc.GT-I5700.so which I rename the GT-I5700 part to saturn.

That's all.

Just to mention that I had a spontaneous reboot but in same time I was downloading 3 files from the Market, installing one application and launching the application Gentle Alarm.

So I can qualify it like a hard work for the phone :(

So let me explain again because the first time wasn't clear enough.

1. I download the 2d-3d-updatefix3.zip file.

2. Copying all the files except from the folder hw.

3. From the folder hw I copy just the two files copybit.GT-I5700.so and gralloc.GT-I5700.so which I rename the GT-I5700 part to saturn.

That's all.

Just to mention that I had a spontaneous reboot but in same time I was downloading 3 files from the Market, installing one application and launching the application Gentle Alarm.

So I can qualify it like a hard work for the phone :(

ok didn't rename so far. i tried my old config but with ext3 instead of ext4 and now it works again. so random problems with ext4 in my opinion. i'll give it one more try with v3.

edit: tried v3 with ext4, screen black after IPC transfer, then reboot. now ext3 with v3 (yes i renamed the files this time)

Edited by Guest

I got a good installation now, everything is running well untill now I'll notice if some problem come.

My way:

Put in My storage=DISK0:

Haret, default, zImage (new from 3/3/11), o2b2filesys.tar.gz, o2b2update.tar.gz (mount by me with: Rapid 2d3d lib, keylayout fix to ext4, from page 193, modules and init.rc included on o2b2update.tar.gz of 3/3/11)

In ubuntu format 1,4 GB ext4 partition named DISK.

On terminal manually paste files from DISK0 to DISK, untar o2b2filesys.tar.gz and o2b2update.tar.gz into DISK.

Manually execute o2b2update.sh on terminal.

unplug, run haret and on first boot all things work perfectly, testing now...

Guest nachoijs

i followed this guide, and everything went right, but now i can not update android putting the "o2b2update.tar.gz", every time i boot the file is still there, so the update is not applied, do you know what can be wrong??

thanks!!

OK,here is what I did:

1.Install VMWare Player

2.Download UBUNTU 32 bit version from here http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop/get-ubuntu/download

3.Install Ubuntu

4.Download & install MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition

5.Take your phone ,go to Samsung Settings USB settings and set USB Connection to My Storage

6.Back up your My Storage to Storage Card (or you will loose all data there)

7.Connect the phone to the PC-> it will connect like mass storage device

8.Open MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition,select the Storage device Samsung and delete the partition->then click create and create 1020 Mb(in my case of 2 GB Internal Storage) FAT 32 partition(give it a name like disk0 without space),there will be left about 1 GB unallocated storage->select right button,click create partition format EXT2 (or EXT3) with a name like disk and select APPLY!->your My Storage will be formatted!!!you will see only 1 GB Storage device in My Computer in Windows.

(EDIT: You can format in the UBUNTU also with Disk Utility ,but first use Unmount storage.)

9.Copy the entire beta1024 folder content on the root of the storage device in Windows! ,not the folder,the content with Android files: ext2.targz default.txt zImage o2beta folder Haret.exe and o2bupdate.tar.gz

10.Disconnect phone & launch VMWare Player and run UBUNTU.

11.connect the phone, it will be recognized like android storage device.

12.In the Ubuntu go to Applications-Accessories run Terminal,--> write down this:

sudo cp /media/disk0/ext2.tar.gz /media/disk/ and wait untill finishes

after that write:

cd /media/disk/ there will be a line like : cd /media/disk$

you must write down this after this line:

sudo tar xzvf ext2.tar.gz -C /media/disk

(edit: you can also extract all you o2bupdate.tar.gz to system with above methods)

And you go,all the content of ext2.tar.gz will be extracted to disk (in this case Android partition) -> at the end of extraction unplug the phone from PC

13.Turn of the VMWare Plater & Ubuntu, plug the USB with the phone to PC again and edit the line:

Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk1p2 init=/init" to this:

Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk0p5 init=/init"[/b and save it (EDIT: if you get kernel panic you can try mmcblk0p6 ,or mmcblk0p2 if you have a ext3 partition)

14.Unplug phone -> and run Haret exe from the root of My Storage not from inside o2beta folder

And you are ready to test :(

sorry I dont have time post guide with pictures because haven't much time may be someone can make it but it is already posted youtube video how is done here:

http://www.modaco.com/content-page/322429/...8000/page/700/#

Regards & thanks to the developres provided this great work to all us!

Ekremsky

ok didn't rename so far. i tried my old config but with ext3 instead of ext4 and now it works again. so random problems with ext4 in my opinion. i'll give it one more try with v3.

edit: tried v3 with ext4, screen black after IPC transfer, then reboot. now ext3 with v3 (yes i renamed the files this time)

Installed here V3 with ext4 and no problem, testing now...

i followed this guide, and everything went right, but now i can not update android putting the "o2b2update.tar.gz", every time i boot the file is still there, so the update is not applied, do you know what can be wrong??

thanks!!

With my storage install you cant make automatic install, you must install on ubuntu too, by the same way:

sudo cp /media/DISK0/o2b2update.tar.gz /media/disk/

cd /media/disk/

sudo tar xzvf o2b2update.tar.gz -C /media/disk

Guest nachoijs

hi, how do you execute "o2b2update.sh" on terminal??

when you say "on terminal" it means in Ubunut with the Omnia plugged, o in Android??

thanks!

I got a good installation now, everything is running well untill now I'll notice if some problem come.

My way:

Put in My storage=DISK0:

Haret, default, zImage (new from 3/3/11), o2b2filesys.tar.gz, o2b2update.tar.gz (mount by me with: Rapid 2d3d lib, keylayout fix to ext4, from page 193, modules and init.rc included on o2b2update.tar.gz of 3/3/11)

In ubuntu format 1,4 GB ext4 partition named DISK.

On terminal manually paste files from DISK0 to DISK, untar o2b2filesys.tar.gz and o2b2update.tar.gz into DISK.

Manually execute o2b2update.sh on terminal.

unplug, run haret and on first boot all things work perfectly, testing now...

Guest surenz
With my storage install you cant make automatic install, you must install on ubuntu too, by the same way...

That is not true.

The My storage install updates are not working because of the mount point is not defined correctly.

Look for the next line in init.rc:

mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p5 /storage

and change the string mmcblk0p5 with the one you're using while 0 is My storage and 5 is the number of the FAT partition.

For me with two partitions and the first is the FAT I've put:

mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /storage

and I see My storage from within Android. The updates are working as well.

Thanks to someone to put this in the FAQ.

Edited by surenz

That is not true.

The My storage install updates are not working because of the mount point is not defined correctly.

and change the string mmcblk0p5 with the one you're using while 0 is My storage and 5 is the number of the FAT partition.

Thanks a lot, I have asked for this n times and anyone said me that, I'll try this soon.

hi, how do you execute "o2b2update.sh" on terminal??

when you say "on terminal" it means in Ubunut with the Omnia plugged, o in Android??

thanks!

In Ubuntu with o2 plugged, on terminal you type:

cd /media/disk/system/lib/hw

then appear: user@ /media/disk/system/lib/hw$

type:

ln -s sensors.saturn.so sensors.default.so

its over.

Guest nachoijs

thanks!!!, but now i have something strange..

after the change, the o2b2update.sh are executed, but not the o2b2update.tar.gz.....

EDIT: sorry my mistake, thanks to surenz & slmz for your help!!!

That is not true.

Edited by nachoijs

Guest nachoijs

hi, i installed it to my storage and now i have no ringtones to select (in SD version there were a lot),

do you know where can i find them??

Guest sam7128
Really strange because I'm using already one day the v3 drivers and have no problems.

I'm already at 14% after 16h since unplugged but I forgot two times the Wifi switched on for almost 1h30.

We have to optimize a little the Wi-Fi to turn it off during the screen off like it is in WinMo.

In fact my method of installation was the following:

Exactly delete all the stu_2k libs and replacing them with the original files from the beta2 (where applicable) and then rename to *.old of the files which will be replaced with the v3 archive

After copy to /system/libs.

I've also deleted everything in /data/dalvik-cache.

After all, rename of the files with 5700 to saturn as the softlinks where pointing to the saturn ones.

I haven't replaced the sensors files. Perhaps, because of this I've no problems.

I did install in ext4 sd card base on your guidline since last night. It works very well , no SOD and freezing so far. The bat drop 20 % from 11 hours, not bad.

Thanks for your suggeation.

Guest Mr.Lowl

does anyone have a problem downloading from the market? mine doesn't even start just saying Starting download

nvm

Edited by Mr.Lowl

Guest mkmkwong

Manual Fresh installed beta2 with 03-03-11 updates & zImage (Ext 4)

V3 drvier - Black Screen after IPC Transfer

rapid driver (1.41M) - Freeze in several minutes after boot up

2d-3d-updatefix2(whitescreen) - Freeze in half hour

V4 driver - Freeze in several minutes after boot up

Edited by mkmkwong

Guest elbee72

The FAQ is outdated and needs some work, extra volunteers to update or maintain this (or other wiki pages like guides) are -very- welcome (omnia2droid at gmail dot com).

Guest titanserg

Hi all. Android will be on a 2 GB SD card. How can I make it to the phone memory? No way did not help. Sorry for my English is bad.

Edited by titanserg

Guest voyteckst

Update for getting time from GSM network (thanks to bsbsbs):

From windows/linux commandline:

adb shell

sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db

update system set value = 1 where name = 'auto_time';

.exit

exit

After all - reboot.

Edited by voyteckst

Guest Sinistersky
Update for auto time from GSM network (thanks to bsbsbs):

From windows/linux commandline:

adb shell

sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db

update system set value = 1 where name = 'auto_time';

.exit

exit

After all - reboot.

so this is auto turn off for 3g?

Guest voyteckst
so this is auto turn off for 3g?

What does have time to 3g?? It's for having proper time and not setting clock every boot.

Edited by voyteckst