Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest r1c4rd0
Make sure your wifi is off, just rebooting and no put it on (there is a possibility wifi no desable properly), and make test, android system by it self dont consume energy too much.

i have rebooted so many times, and make shore wifi is turned off. dont know what can cause this. :( thats the only bad thing i have!!!

Guest osmington

can someone please pm me a guide to install android that works. i have tried several times via different methods without much success. i have installed ubuntu in vm so maybe one using that ?

i have no experience with ubuntu so can you make a simple guide please :(

Does anyone have problem with SOD when boot up Android from WM? When I boot Android, everything goes just fine...boot screen, pin code, etc. Then I work on Android about 1-2 min and push "end call" button to put my device to sleep...and then sleep of death. No chance to wake it up. :) And another funny thing - when I do all that but conected on charger, there's no sleep of death and I can wake up my device. Does anyone expirience same problem? what can I do...fresh install or something else?

I had a lot this problem, in my last fresh install I got very good stability. Install only 2d3d libs from noobody/Rapid ones; o2b2filesys.tar and 3/3/11 o2b2update.tar with zImage included. Install in ext4 directly formated in ubuntu. My problem is only magnetic sensor that dont work properly.

i have rebooted so many times, and make shore wifi is turned off. dont know what can cause this. :( thats the only bad thing i have!!!

You maybe should try update yor phone part (.bin) for last version possible.

can someone please pm me a guide to install android that works. i have tried several times via different methods without much success. i have installed ubuntu in vm so maybe one using that ?

i have no experience with ubuntu so can you make a simple guide please :(

The simple guide is: tentative and error!

Edited by slmz

Guest jimmad

new zImage svn 100 but

filesystem with huge files cannot be mounted read write without CONFIG_LDBAF

kernel panic not syncing VFS unable to mount root fs

but in .config CONFIG_LDBAF=y wtf ?

i have ext4 on my storage

Edited by jimmad

Guest voyteckst
new zImage svn 100 but

filesystem with huge files cannot be mounted read write without CONFIG_LDBAF

kernel panic not syncing VFS unable to mount root fs

but in .config CONFIG_LDBAF=y wtf ?

i have ext4 on my storage

Simple answer: phj is using another config - it's not an error. This one in svn i as an example.

Here You have with enabled ext4 and CONFIG_LDBAF zImage.zip

Edited by voyteckst

Guest jimmad
Simple answer: phj is using another config. This one in svn i as an example.

thx man

Edited by jimmad

Guest voyteckst
thx man

---cut---

Sorry, but I think Your words are unfair for phj. Think twice before judging like that. For example on beta site there is NO evidence of supporting ext4, so...

Edited by voyteckst

Guest jimmad
Sorry, but I think Your words are unfair for phj. Think twice before judging like that. For example on beta site there is NO evidence of supporting ext4, so...

you miss understood me bad english i ll remove the comment

nothing to offend phj there

Edited by jimmad

Guest nachoijs

This zImage is 2011-03-09 update with ext4 support???

thanks!!

Simple answer: phj is using another config - it's not an error. This one in svn i as an example.

Guest xeno89

Please, i need help, it must be somewhere on this post but it's been an hour and nothing, can someone please help me with the sd problem, i get a notificacion that my SD card is damaged on android. but it works... also my 3G disappears after a while in the top ( 3G wont work either ). THNX in advance :(

Guest voyteckst
So, how am I using ext4 untill now and its running normal?

It's probably only problem for those who not converted ext3 to ext4, but used mkfs.ext4.

Guest kgp700
Thank you for your effort.

However I can't access megaload in HK, would you please help to upload in other location?

i will upload it on 4shared

Has it the 2D/3D drivers or it hasn't?; Works well in the european i8000?

Thanks!

it's included the last updated 2d/3d lib in modaco

not test on the european i8000, tested only korean omnia2

Can u describe what is that and will it work normaly on Euro devices? Thanks! :(

i'm not confidence

i think...

if you change kernel to original i8000kernel

then nomally working on i8000

it's my guess

What optimizations You (or Aslan?) made?

Kernel - Aslan's svn r41(svn r99) and modify some my tweaks, cfq i/o,ext4, config.hz=500hz, disabled light sensor(because sound noise)

and compass sensor disabled(not avaliable on korean omnia2)

android - i8000 beta2 based(multipdp module -aslan modified for korea 3g, dpram- beta1 module)

many performance tweaks included, black theme, change font, stable, faster, smooth ,apps , changed cpu governor

not have SOD, optimize for korea, some apps translated korean, 1% battery count etc

Edited by kgp700

Guest kgp700
Here my omnia2 android package

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9MGWKGCH

Warning!!! this package is optimize for korea omnia2

theme is black edition

post-607710-1299709875_thumb.jpg

post-607710-1299709888_thumb.jpg

changeset

kenel - support ext4

IO schedular - CFQ

merged SVN R99

disabled compass sensor

disabled light sensor(because sound noise)

KCONFIG.HZ set to 500hz

android

i8000 beta2 based

CPU schedular optimized

Dalvik vm optimized

change files permission

3G, GPS performance optimized

ARM11 optimized JIT DVM lib for spica Ver8.13

last updated 2d/3d lib in modaco

battery tweaks

many performance tweaks

spn_conf.xml included

cpu governor changed

non sleep - Conservative 400~800Mhz (not fixed)

sleep - powersave 400Mhz (fix)

some GalaxyA, Motoroi APP included(korean)

Music app changed

launcher and korean keyboard included

auto time code included

black theme included

Edited by kgp700

Guest joser1309
how is that possible? my battery drains faster than yours, 12 hous and its all drained.

can you tell you battery use in settings? in my battery system, android system consume a lot, 90% how is that possible? while cell standby 2%

i think i need help, thanks

android system 92%

cell standby 6%

idle 2%

Guest nachoijs

sorry, but there is a new update: "Updated 23:00: with enabled LARGE_FILE support", is the same update you did??

in case it is not, could yoy make an ext4 compatible zImage from the Updated 23:00???

thanks a lot!!!!!

Yes.

Guest joser1309
Make sure your wifi is off, just rebooting and no put it on (there is a possibility wifi no desable properly), and make test, android me before I change the phone was the same , try to leave it in airplane mode and you do see that it does not consume much battery it may be because of radio phonesystem by it self dont consume energy too much.

me before I change the phone was the same , try to leave it in airplane mode and you do see that it does not consume much battery it may be because of radio phone

Ironically, I change zImage to new (3/9/11 23:00) and got "kernel panic - init not found", change to old ones and work fine.

Freezing everytime now. Going to reinstall...

Edited by slmz

Guest aerovolce
Does anyone have problem with SOD when boot up Android from WM? When I boot Android, everything goes just fine...boot screen, pin code, etc. Then I work on Android about 1-2 min and push "end call" button to put my device to sleep...and then sleep of death. No chance to wake it up. :( And another funny thing - when I do all that but conected on charger, there's no sleep of death and I can wake up my device. Does anyone expirience same problem? what can I do...fresh install or something else?

what worked for me: before first sleep, open google voice messaging (where you can compose stuff) and then put it to sleep and wake it up. After that i do not get SOD.

Alt method: have the phone plugged in and put it to sleep then wake it up before unplugging.

Trying install in ext4 (My Storage) with new zImage and got same error always: Kernel Panic -not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknoun-block (179,2)...

OBS: With old zImage it worked before.

Installing again with old zImage...

edit: Confirmed with old zImage it WORKS, with new ones, NOT WORK.

Edited by slmz