Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest rom_omnia2

I GUESS that with this new zImage that old problem is back: some times got kernel panic and have to restart winMo before boot Android. My config is EXT4-MYStorage.

Guest Clemenzo
That's working good

included stock android calculator FIX for JIT

Extracted the apk from your package, thanks!

Edited by Clemenzo

Guest Clemenzo
Trying install in ext4 (My Storage) with new zImage and got same error always: Kernel Panic -not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknoun-block (179,2)...

OBS: With old zImage it worked before.

Installing again with old zImage...

edit: Confirmed with old zImage it WORKS, with new ones, NOT WORK.

Didn't work for me too. The screen goes black during boot and nothing happens. Reverted to old zImage. I am also on ext4, converted from ext3.

Guest mkmkwong
i will upload it on 4shared

I downloaded successfully by using proxy server which location isn't in HK.

I have installed it & works very well

- Beautiful Theme (I like it)

- No Freeze

- No SOD

- Battery drain is acceptable (8% in an hour)

One main issue that I am facing is charging issue. (The status is reversed)

Charging Status when No USB plug-in

Discharging/Normal Status when plug-in USB (unable to charge with charger/USB cable)

Can this issue be fixed?

My GT-i8000H is made in Korea.

Edited by mkmkwong

Guest Clemenzo
Can you provide the apk or the fix for use in beta2? Thanks!

Managed to get the apk. Calculator is working now.

Attached is the apk, interested please overwrite the same file in /system/app after mounting the android filesystem in vmware.

Calculator.zip

Edited by Clemenzo

Guest surenz
Trying install in ext4 (My Storage) with new zImage and got same error always: Kernel Panic -not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknoun-block (179,2)...

+1 for me. I didn't see the last message before the black screen of freeze but I saw too many mismatches because of the svn versions.

Edited by surenz

Guest AoSra1n

Is anyone getting more than 8 hours battery life with reasonable usage? i use 3G (on words with friends) for half an hour and my battery drained by a third. i didnt survive today on android (only about 5 hours)...had to switch to win mo to survive rest of the day. any tips?

Guest r1c4rd0
+1 for me. I didn't see the last message before the black screen of freeze but I saw too many mismatches because of the svn versions.

+1

Guest xeno89

Anyone please can help me with the SD Card problem in android? I also got problems with market and downloading...maybe coz the SD card. I get a report on top on the android interface that tells me that SD crd is removed, but it's not, also I go to the files manager and it detects the sd card but its empty. any tips PLEASE??? ^^

Guest Pete B
Anyone please can help me with the SD Card problem in android? I also got problems with market and downloading...maybe coz the SD card. I get a report on top on the android interface that tells me that SD crd is removed, but it's not, also I go to the files manager and it detects the sd card but its empty. any tips PLEASE??? ^^

I just removed the sd card after Android booted and put it back in and all good. But somewhere someone said to reformat the card and someone else said do it in fat rather than fat 32.but not sure about that. Unfortunately the solutions given are buried in this forum somewhere.

My installation was done as per the instructions on this thread. I have tried a few different 2d/3d files. I've tried using ext2, ext3 and ext4. I've been using my storage as it seems less prone to corruption. But I get random freezes and no one has come up with a solution to fix it. Only drama I had with beta 2 was battery and the occasional waking up problem.

But for me I'm finally, after following all releases and updates, putting Android to rest until its more stable and not so inconsistent. I've had good installs go wrong after a few days so have done sooo many reinstallations on my storage, storgae card, ext2 ext3 ext4......

When freezes happened you could still call the phone or text it but there was no record. I could sort of put up with hanging but not receiving messages and phone calls I would never get and they were lost in cyber space. Sometimes the battery drain is crazy when doing even simple things like downloading and installing from the market.

I will of coarse continue reading this topic because one day there will be a release that works for most and not just some, the phone will last a full day without it being idle all the time and no more freezes.

Full credit to the devs though. It must be hard to diagnose and fix things when there are so many mixed reports with the same methods of install. I just wish they could provide one single install with no additions or updates needed including the 2d/3d files so most used exactly the same files and methods of install. Would make it much easier to diagnose and fix faults. But I realise they won't release one with the 2d/3d files.

Guest pike8

i want to totally remove android from my sd card, but i can't. i tried formatting my card from the phone menu and by inserting it in card reader then formatting it, but nothing helped.

Guest alen147
i want to totally remove android from my sd card, but i can't. i tried formatting my card from the phone menu and by inserting it in card reader then formatting it, but nothing helped.

You have to delete the ext partition.

Moras obrisati ext particiju. Probaj sa mini tool partition wizard, tako sam ja.

Guest mihai_mihai

use this http://www.sdcard.org/consumers/formatter_3/

wow neok_om2android_beta2_ver2_9r1 is working super fast and stable yet

one question why is the battery indicator showing not charging when power cord is connected and if i unplug it it says charging

Edited by mihai_mihai

Guest mihai_mihai
Use morelocale2

select english

one question why is the battery indicator showing not charging when power cord is connected and if i unplug it it says charging