Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest kgp700
one question why is the battery indicator showing not charging when power cord is connected and if i unplug it it says charging

because korea omnia2 kernel usb connect setting is reversed

Guest ovinnyleo

Some assistance please...

I got to

10. Now download and copy the 2d/3d drivers: http://rapidshare.com/#!download|482l3...ate.tar.gz|1480 and the new zImage file http://87.229.73.80/zImage file to root of My Storage and overwrite it.

11. Then run the haret.exe from My Storage (not inside o2Beta folder).

I copied the o2update.tar.gz and zImage file to the root of My Storage, ran the haret.exe from My Storage - now it is stuck on Jumping to kernel.

So i thought issue could of been the o2update.tar.gz file - so I change the file name to match with ext2.tar.gz and reran the haret.exe file again - same thing, stuck on "Jumping to Kernel..."

And yes, I did overwrite the zImage file with the one on "http://87.229.73.80/zImage"

I even tried to skip #10, phone started in Android fine, but it couldn't access to my provider network. I tried to search for networks, error "this sim card is not supported".

I am from the US and my carrier is AT&T.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Vinh

Extracted from dev's page:

2011-03-08: To enable the automatic time update from the GSM there is a simple update script. The timeupdate.zip contains both o2update.sh and o2b2update.sh, copy the proper version (in the case of beta2 image: o2b2update.sh) to the root of the My Storage and haret.....

i had done the steps as instructed but when i haret, I got this error msg "[ 4.909175] kernel panic - not syncing. No init found. Try passing init= option to kernel".

did i miss out anything? thanks!

Guest xibianliang
Some assistance please...

I got to

10. Now download and copy the 2d/3d drivers: http://rapidshare.com/#!download|482l3...ate.tar.gz|1480 and the new zImage file http://87.229.73.80/zImage file to root of My Storage and overwrite it.

11. Then run the haret.exe from My Storage (not inside o2Beta folder).

I copied the o2update.tar.gz and zImage file to the root of My Storage, ran the haret.exe from My Storage - now it is stuck on Jumping to kernel.

So i thought issue could of been the o2update.tar.gz file - so I change the file name to match with ext2.tar.gz and reran the haret.exe file again - same thing, stuck on "Jumping to Kernel..."

And yes, I did overwrite the zImage file with the one on "http://87.229.73.80/zImage"

I even tried to skip #10, phone started in Android fine, but it couldn't access to my provider network. I tried to search for networks, error "this sim card is not supported".

I am from the US and my carrier is AT&T.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Vinh

Are you sure you have already installed Android on your SD card or My storage? which version of android have downloaded? if it's beta2, the 2/3d driver package should be renamed o2b2update.tar.gz instead of o2bupdate.tar.gz. also, in earlier posts, some people reported that the latest zImage is not working .you may use the original zImage

Guest elbee72
use this http://www.sdcard.org/consumers/formatter_3/

wow neok_om2android_beta2_ver2_9r1 is working super fast and stable yet

Please be carefull trying optimised korean omnia2 kernels on i8000.

Differences between the phones are small (just as with b7610), but can lead to unexpected results on i8000.

There are optimisations (eg calc) in this modded kernel i8000 users can benefit from, but it would be nice we could test it without the modifications meant for the two korean phones? Maybe search for non phone dependend patches in the korean svn? Maybe the korean devs can use i8000 ifdef's in their adapted source so we could compile a experimental i8000 version fast?

Guest surenz
On assembling from kgb700 put a new kernel, all works fine, a telephone revives)) Thank you very much!

his alias is kgp700 not kgb700 (you're Russian subconscious mind works here :( )

@kgp700: can you make a separate topic with the tweaks you made (to explain them more in details) that are independent on the GSM/CDMA version (the customizations and performance tweaks) ?

I use the one that is changing the frequencies and thus avoid to use the SetCPU which eats memory (unfortunately, so precious on our phone).

I'm sure all the people here will be grateful for this.

Edited by surenz

Guest Omnia 2 8000

Thanks for the Beta but I do not have an SD card and not planning on buying one as I use my N8 more then Omnia 2 and want to test it on My Storage Internal memory how can i do that? Please help.

Thank you.

Guest pike8
use this http://www.sdcard.org/consumers/formatter_3/

wow neok_om2android_beta2_ver2_9r1 is working super fast and stable yet

one question why is the battery indicator showing not charging when power cord is connected and if i unplug it it says charging

thanks. :(

You have to delete the ext partition.

Moras obrisati ext particiju. Probaj sa mini tool partition wizard, tako sam ja.

hvala puno buraz. :(

Guest mat9v

The problem with 03.09 kernel update is it should be applied on clean beta2. 03.03 update changed modules version to svn93 and the never kernel expects original module versions (at least that is what it looks like from console output). On the other hand 03.03 update had never modules that enabled sensors and so on and changed key layout so I really don't understand how it is supposed to work together.

Hope there is some fix for the newest kernel :(

Guest kgp700
Please be carefull trying optimised korean omnia2 kernels on i8000.

Differences between the phones are small (just as with b7610), but can lead to unexpected results on i8000.

There are optimisations (eg calc) in this modded kernel i8000 users can benefit from, but it would be nice we could test it without the modifications meant for the two korean phones? Maybe search for non phone dependend patches in the korean svn? Maybe the korean devs can use i8000 ifdef's in their adapted source so we could compile a experimental i8000 version fast?

sorry my english bad , i can't understanding this "Maybe search for non phone dependend patches in the korean svn? Maybe the korean devs can use i8000 ifdef's in their adapted source so we could compile a experimental i8000 version fast?" :(

his alias is kgp700 not kgb700 (you're Russian subconscious mind works here :( )

@kgp700: can you make a separate topic with the tweaks you made (to explain them more in details) that are independent on the GSM/CDMA version (the customizations and performance tweaks) ?

I use the one that is changing the frequencies and thus avoid to use the SetCPU which eats memory (unfortunately, so precious on our phone).

I'm sure all the people here will be grateful for this.

i will make topic and inform my tweaks

Guest kgp700
The problem with 03.09 kernel update is it should be applied on clean beta2. 03.03 update changed modules version to svn93 and the never kernel expects original module versions (at least that is what it looks like from console output). On the other hand 03.03 update had never modules that enabled sensors and so on and changed key layout so I really don't understand how it is supposed to work together.

Hope there is some fix for the newest kernel :(

can you try this modules? - http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=attach...st&id=70420 (uploded by voyteckst, thanks)

this modules lastest modules but only different kernel version setting (2.6.31 bfs310 svn93->2.6.31 bfs310)

it maybe work with lastest new kernel

Edited by kgp700

Guest Sinistersky
That is not true.

The My storage install updates are not working because of the mount point is not defined correctly.

Look for the next line in init.rc:

mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p5 /storage

and change the string mmcblk0p5 with the one you're using while 0 is My storage and 5 is the number of the FAT partition.

For me with two partitions and the first is the FAT I've put:

mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /storage

and I see My storage from within Android. The updates are working as well.

Thanks to someone to put this in the FAQ.

Doesn't work for me... It just says "unable to open console" and after that i see " ANDROID_" and this " _ " is blinking...and it stops there.... :(

I have one partition FAT and it is 0p1...my ext4 partition is 0p2

Guest surenz
can you try this modules? - http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=attach...st&id=70420 (uploded by voyteckst, thanks)

this modules lastest modules but only different kernel version setting (2.6.31 bfs310 svn93->2.6.31 bfs310)

it maybe work with lastest new kernel

They are working, I tried already those modules combined with the new zImage from 9 of March and it is booting up.

@Sinistersky: it should work. Are you sure that you don't have a hidden partition on My storage ? Because I deleted mine.

Also if the mount is unsuccessful, it will continue with the boot without problem like it do for the others.

Doesn't work for me... It just says "unable to open console" and after that i see " ANDROID_" and this " _ " is blinking...and it stops there.... :(

I have one partition FAT and it is 0p1...my ext4 partition is 0p2

For me that change line work perfectly, now I can put my files o2b2update.* in My storage and it make realy the updates. I have MyStorage partitions like this: 6.1GB Fat32, 1.4GB ext4, and 512MB Hide partition. Maybe you change a similar line in init file look for one that end by "/ storage", because there are others that ends by "/ sdcard"and more. I got that kind of error: "unable to open console" and after that i see " ANDROID_" and this " _ " is blinking " when my partitions are corrupt, and I solve this making ubuntu restart and begining at zero and freshing install.

Edited by slmz

Guest longsin
post-607710-1299709875_thumb.jpg

post-607710-1299709888_thumb.jpg

changeset

kenel - support ext4

IO schedular - CFQ

merged SVN R99

disabled compass sensor

disabled light sensor(because sound noise)

KCONFIG.HZ set to 500hz

android

i8000 beta2 based

CPU schedular optimized

Dalvik vm optimized

change files permission

3G, GPS performance optimized

ARM11 optimized JIT DVM lib for spica Ver8.13

last updated 2d/3d lib in modaco

battery tweaks

many performance tweaks

spn_conf.xml included

cpu governor changed

non sleep - Conservative 400~800Mhz (not fixed)

sleep - powersave 400Mhz (fix)

some GalaxyA, Motoroi APP included(korean)

Music app changed

launcher and korean keyboard included

auto time code included

black theme included

can ur package install in ext4? is ti ext2?

Edited by longsin

Guest Sinistersky
They are working, I tried already those modules combined with the new zImage from 9 of March and it is booting up.

@Sinistersky: it should work. Are you sure that you don't have a hidden partition on My storage ? Because I deleted mine.

Also if the mount is unsuccessful, it will continue with the boot without problem like it do for the others.

As soon as I set it back to 0p5, the droid was booting again properly and works great...but as soon as i change to 0p2 it gives me an error...i don't think i have a hidden partition..and even if i did..my storage is 0p1 and ext is 0p2. :/

Guest surenz
As soon as I set it back to 0p5, the droid was booting again properly and works great...but as soon as i change to 0p2 it gives me an error...i don't think i have a hidden partition..and even if i did..my storage is 0p1 and ext is 0p2. :/

That's your error because you try to mount your ext partition instead the FAT one. Put 0p1 and you will boot up with my storage FAT partition mounted in the right point.

Guest Sinistersky
That's your error because you try to mount your ext partition instead the FAT one. Put 0p1 and you will boot up with my storage FAT partition mounted in the right point.

same thing happened.... hmm...

EDIT: this is what i get...

warning: maximal mount count reached, running e2fsck is recommended

internal journal on mmcblk0p2:8

delayed allocation enabled

file extents enabled

mmballoc enabled

(mmcblk0p2) recovery complete

(mmcblk0p2) mounted filesystem with ordered data mode

VFS : Mounted root ( ext4 fs) on device 179:2

Freein init memory : 140K

BFS CPU scheduler bla bla

Warning: unable to open an initial console

ANDROID_

Edited by Sinistersky

Guest longsin
support ext2,ext3,ext4

recommand ext4

because better performance and best stable

thank u.

l reply with ext4. ,and time can change autoic, but ext2, dont change, if add some programs , it often have qustions.

Edited by longsin