Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest TIEfighter
you must reinstall android from o2beta folder in root

i will try that now, just replacing the zimage file left me with some pretty strange freezes ;) so its probably better to reinstall it :)

Guest thew0lf

Hey guys, just to quick message to all of you who would like other apps/.apks (gmail, launcherpro), especially those who can't get wifi to work.

Just download a 2.1 rom for Spica using the samdroid kitchen http://forum.samdroid.net/f9/samdroidmod-k...-i5700-en-1901/

You'll get a zip file. Open it, and go to /system/app. Copy the .apks you want to the fat partition on your SD card. Go back to android, and install them using the File Manager. Voila !

Guest CalvinH
I just copied the zimage to root folder and run haret from root. No reinstall. Works like a charm.

But how can I tell if sleep works now???

Did the same, wondering the same thing ;)

Regards.

the new zImage isnt really working for me

i formatted the SD card, cleared my storage , installed latest beta , replaced the Zimage with the new one and installed 2D/3D patch

and i cant do anything just gives me " Sorry ! The process adroid.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly Please try again [ Force close ]

Hey guys, just to quick message to all of you who would like other apps/.apks (gmail, launcherpro), especially those who can't get wifi to work.

Just download a 2.1 rom for Spica using the samdroid kitchen http://forum.samdroid.net/f9/samdroidmod-k...-i5700-en-1901/

You'll get a zip file. Open it, and go to /system/app. Copy the .apks you want to the fat partition on your SD card. Go back to android, and install them using the File Manager. Voila !

hehe

a little bit off-topic ... but

what if the FileManager does not work? like on my B7610 ;)

only thins are working on my B7610 is phone & sms

no wifi, no bluetooth, no radio, no cam ... even filemanager isn't working

but i can recieve and initiate call's and sms's (thats all what i need)

Guest thew0lf
hehe

Use ADB ! There is a tutorial on the project's homepage.

However, if a lot of apps don't work, chances are that the ones you'll install won't either...

Guest thew0lf
is it possible to mount the my storage section so its visible in android?

Yes, quite easily (the installer already does it to unpack the rootfs). Just use a shell (using the terminal emulator, or adb), and mount /dev/mmcblk0p5 to the place you want.

Use ADB ! There is a tutorial on the project's homepage.

However, if a lot of apps don't work, chances are that the ones you'll install won't either...

don't care about me ;)

i'm just playing arround like a few months ago (with the alpha)

it would be to hard to develop for two different models at the same time

for my needs .. wm ist enough ... and thats works very well.

first & foremeost - many thanks to the dev-team! having android on our devices would/will be exceedingly awesome :)

unfortunately I can never get it working: after installing, android always hangs in the setup-phase - sometimes at the 1st page, sometimes while trying to skip google accounts - 1 time I got to the time&date page, just to have it freeze there...

what I've done:

• read every page of this thread (multiple times by now)
  • followed all instructions to the letter (yes, I'm starting haret.exe from the right locations)
  • tried the old & the new zips
  • tried both 1024 & 512mb versions
  • used the updated 2/3d-files (both via "regular" update and via slipstreaming them into the archives)
  • used the new zImage
  • formated the storage card both in windows and via samsung settings
  • deleted all old files from my storage & formated the storage card anew for every attempt (>10 by now ;) )
  • tried different storage cards - my attempts with a 16gb sdhc failed completely: install went fine, but when booting into android, the phone would freeze even before showing the android logo - now using a 8gb card which passes that point, only to freeze a couple seconds later during setup.

could this be a problem of the speed of the storage cards I use? the 16gb card is class4, the 8gb card I'm not sure about (no markings & haven't used it in a while; both cards are absolutely fine). anyone sucessfully using either large (>=16gb) or slow (<=class4) cards?

any help would be much appreciated I'm really at my wit's end :D

Guest djsolidsnake86

there is the usb charging bug (sometimes the icon not show the charging icon) and i say another thing: when the phone is connected to external power, and i shut down android, the phone restart to winmobile, when i power off and i'm on battery power the phone shut down from android

I havent been here in months:D We are back working on camera, 3g and bluetooth and sensors! I hope things will move fast now!

welcome back ;)

you ... and your colleagues have done some nice work inbetween!

Guest drwakey
hehe

I have the B7610 too, and for me radio and filemanager work just fine, mediaplayer too.

But wifi etc. wont work for me too :-(

Also already tested apps from whom i downloaded the apk's with the pc, Angry Birds is running, Asphalt 5 and Assassins Creed would start too, but require some update from the inet, and without wifi...

Guest elbee72
Ok just to make the instructions as clear as possible, this is what I did:

You must have SD card inserted!

1) extract the zip file (512 OR 1gb) to my storage\ not into any folder, must be in root.

2) goto my storage\o2beta and run haret from there

3) let it cerate partition on your SD card, and then it will reboot your phone.

4) now goto my storage\ and run haret from there, NOT from o2beta folder.

I got the same kernel panic when i deleted the partition, and then let haret recreate..

what tools did you use deleting the ext2 part?

I have the B7610 too, and for me radio and filemanager work just fine, mediaplayer too.

But wifi etc. wont work for me too :-(

Also already tested apps from whom i downloaded the apk's with the pc, Angry Birds is running, Asphalt 5 and Assassins Creed would start too, but require some update from the inet, and without wifi...

ok ... so then something is wromg with my setup ... i don't care about games ... i don't use computer or phones to play with ;)

but the filemananger and radio could be usefull ... the mediaplayer seems to play my mp3's ... but i can't hear anything ...

but i can hear the phonecall-ring loud and clear.

ok ... if i continiosly press filemanager ... i can see that he's trying to show me something ... but then crashes ..

same thing with radio ... one time itopens ... and shows me a frequency ...but no sound (yes, with earphones pluged in ;-) )

Edited by mosci

Guest emptyara
I havent been here in months:D We are back working on camera, 3g and bluetooth and sensors! I hope things will move fast now!

hope you will include front face camera too.. ;) very less android device with secondary camera in the market tho..

Guest redzone321
Yes, quite easily (the installer already does it to unpack the rootfs). Just use a shell (using the terminal emulator, or adb), and mount /dev/mmcblk0p5 to the place you want.

edit nm. think i found it.

Edited by redzone321