Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest emptyara

updated problem face with Beta2Ver2 from kgp700:

1) sometime it will not charge after plug-in.

2) wifi always "unsuccess" to connect point access. bit late notice about it coz for 2 days of using it I just used my data plan.. :D

anyone able to get wifi work?

btw, after I update CSC and Phone part in Winmo, my time without signal had decreased to 3-5%

Guest voyteckst
did any1 experience this? after the time update i cant change the time zone nor set the time.. the stuff is all grayed out.. i can only change 12/24 hour format and time date format..

Take my kernel (few pages ago). It's fully updated, but with different configuration.

Guest emptyara
did any1 experience this? after the time update i cant change the time zone nor set the time.. the stuff is all grayed out.. i can only change 12/24 hour format and time date format..

never happen to me.. but with kgp700 it is grey by default.. or it just me?? :D

Guest surenz

This is done on purpose. When your time is adjusted to the network one, you don't need to adjust it again neither to change the time zone.

Unfortunately my mobile operator doesn't provide such kind of service. So I put the value back to 0.

Guest darkworldzz
This is done on purpose. When your time is adjusted to the network one, you don't need to adjust it again neither to change the time zone.

Unfortunately my mobile operator doesn't provide such kind of service. So I put the value back to 0.

am gna try it now.. editing the sh works lol.. plus using clock sync,..

Edited by darkworldzz

Guest 92omnia92

Hi all,

with the last update of zImage (9 / 03) Android will not start, "Kernel Panic".

What is the correct word to put in Default.txt to start Android from My Storage since the last update of the zImage? thanks and sorry for my bad english.

follow this step, but it said i dont have it install yet.. :D

Try this so...

1. copy out time.sh to ur Desktop in ubuntu

2. open time.sh and edit the 2nd line to sqlite3 /media/disk/data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db

3. in terminal type: "apt-get install sqlite3"

4. wait for installation then type: "sh /home/(user)/Desktop/time.sh"

Edited by slmz

Guest problematika

Last night I played with friend's galaxy 5 ( i5500) and saw that his phone (which is much worse in hardware part than our O2) had much more free RAM (about 80 MB)...and my omnia has about 30-40 of free RAM. I know, his phone is native Android device and O2 is not, but I still think that dev can improve memory managment. How much of free RAM do you have guys? :D (launcher pro + 4 homescreens)

And I really want to know if it possible to install samsung Touchwiz 3.0?

Edited by problematika

Guest Sinistersky
Last night I played with friend's galaxy 5 ( i5500) and saw that his phone (which is much worse in hardware part than our O2) had much more free RAM (about 80 MB)...and my omnia has about 30-40 of free RAM. I know, his phone is native Android device and O2 is not, but I still think that dev can improve memory managment. How much of free RAM do you have guys? :D (launcher pro + 4 homescreens)

And I really want to know if it possible to install samsung Touchwiz 3.0?

it is possible to install it... I think there was a version that supported it....rapid made it or something... but yea..it's very much possible...only thing is..touchwiz 3.0 sucks xD

Guest problematika
it is possible to install it... I think there was a version that supported it....rapid made it or something... but yea..it's very much possible...only thing is..touchwiz 3.0 sucks xD

Ma da? Gdje je taj topic, bas me zanima. Svidja mi se TouchWiz 3.0! :D

Sorry same language...it's much more to comunicate! :(

Guest Sinistersky
Ma da? Gdje je taj topic, bas me zanima. Svidja mi se TouchWiz 3.0! :D

Sorry same language...it's much more to comunicate! :(

http://www.modaco.com/content-page/322429/...0/#entry1581433

Post #1326

Evo taj post...ali neznam da li podrzava beta2... uvjek mozes covjeka lijepo pitati da ti napravi za beta 2 :( Nebi mu trebalo vise od 5 minuta za to xD

Edited by Sinistersky

Guest Sinistersky
Try this so...

1. copy out time.sh to ur Desktop in ubuntu

2. open time.sh and edit the 2nd line to sqlite3 /media/disk/data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db

3. in terminal type "sh /home/(user)/Desktop/time.sh"

3: sqlite3: not found :/

Edited by Sinistersky

Guest mihai_mihai

i'm using this version of android

Here my omnia2 android package

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9MGWKGCH

Warning!!! this package is optimize for korea omnia2

theme is black edition

with this kernel

Simple answer: phj is using another config - it's not an error. This one in svn i as an example.

Here You have with enabled ext4 and CONFIG_LDBAF zImage.zip

everything is great but no menu button, how can i enable it correctly?

everything i tried messed up the droid,

pls someone upload to me the right files, i like voyteckst key alocation but there is no menu (on cube) so all i want is to enable menu and leave the rest the way they are tnks

Guest pulak861

if i format 'MY storage' to boot android from it, what is the way to reformat the 'MY STORAGE' to its original form when i dont want to use android any more????

sorry if its a newbie question.... new to this forum.............

Guest Sinistersky
if i format 'MY storage' to boot android from it, what is the way to reformat the 'MY STORAGE' to its original form when i dont want to use android any more????

sorry if its a newbie question.... new to this forum.............

flash a new .mst with octans

Edited by Sinistersky

flash a new CSC with octans

Flashing CSC dont change nothing in MyStorage, he need just format My storage with Minitool Partition or any other disk tool. Taking care with hide partition, if erase that need flash the device with full WM Rom.

Guest mihai_mihai
Flashing CSC dont change nothing in MyStorage, he need just format My storage with Minitool Partition or any other disk tool. Taking care with hide partition, if erase that need flash the device with full WM Rom.

flashing a .mts official rom format mystorage

Guest shoarmabakpao
this solve time without signal.. after 30min, my TWS is at 5% rather than 50-60% before i update those part.. :(

hope this will lead in minimizing battery consumption :D

edited:

the only drawback i had is data connection seem not stable as before. sometime it disconnected (3g sign disappeared) without affecting my phone signal..

Great! at least you are more connected to the network then before :D

I don't got an mobile data connection so I also don't know to say something about it. But my WiFi works very good!

I used speedtest.net application on the LG GT 540 (android native device) and that thing got 8mbps download

my omnia 2 got only 6mbps

I think it's because the lg gt 540 native android device has a better optimized WiFi driver installed rather then our beta drivers which are already great :(

Guest Sinistersky

Just want to add a bit of moral support to the devs here...

This is some amazing work, I mean, you have your private lives but still manage to output soo much updates through out the week. It is just amazing how many lines of code you can write in such short time :D Really, thank you so much for doing this and improving the android to a more advanced level every day... We've got daily updates, weekly updates...and every time it is more and more features available and added to under development and it is only a handfull of you working on it... You are amazingly brilliant and I just wanted to say one huge big : THANK YOU! for all that you have done so far :(

Guest Pete B
"Features under development:

- Enable in driver 24bit display support and get rid of banding (13.03.11)"

What this means?

I think it means 24bit colour rather than the 16bit we are seeing now. This will enable more colours to be shown by the screen and will get rid of the colour gradient steps you see when graphics have a gradual change in colour on the screen.

Win mo has colour banding and some but not many versions have ditherring. It is a limit of win mo operating system and drivers not the limit of our screen. See below link

http://arstechnica.com/apple/news/2008/03/...op-displays.ars