Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest jeffroni
You tried this??? Can you post some impressions about SOD, stability, speed....do a benchmark test. Give us a more informations! :(

yes.its very easy.you dont need install it,only copy to my storage and sd card (not nescessary boot also from mystorage)

you do not need sd card.so far i can see its stable...

sorry for english :D

Guest problematika
yes.its very easy.you dont need install it,only copy to my storage and sd card (not nescessary boot also from mystorage)

you do not need sd card.so far i can see its stable...

sorry for english :D

And SD card after installation can be recognized by device? No need to format anything? :( this is great... :( So, it means that 1st I must delete all partitions on my storage (which I create in ubuntu - FAT32, ext3) and just install this like you said?

Guest jeffroni
And SD card after installation can be recognized by device? No need to format anything? :D this is great... :( So, it means that 1st I must delete all partitions on my storage (which I create in ubuntu - FAT32, ext3) and just install this like you said?

i have too figure that out.but the first time i started this he does not recognize my sd card i dont no why???

only what he see is internal phone storage 554 mb.

i have 8gb.

this install doesnt make partitions on your device.started from rootfs img...i think you can try it yourself without problems

and keep your old partions intact.its not nescessary to delete partitions on my storage.you can better keep this.

dont blame me if something go wrong :(

Edited by jeffroni

Guest problematika
i have too figure that out.but the first time i started this he does not recognize my sd card i dont no why???

only what he see is internal phone storage 554 mb.

i have 8gb.

this install doesnt make partitions on your device.started from rootfs img...i think you can try it yourself without problems

and keep your old partions intact.its not nescessary to delete partitions on my storage.you can better keep this.

dont blame me if something go wrong :(

Of course I wont blame you for anything. :D So, SD card is not recognized by device after installation? :(

Guest jeffroni
Of course I wont blame you for anything. :( So, SD card is not recognized by device after installation? :(

no :D ...i tryed different format but nothing works.also my storage is not recognized...damn!!!

Guest sontot
What ever it is, I simply can't wait to use android's camera! haha. So many cool apps for it. Secondly i can't wait for the Final version of android on our mobile. =D :D

Agreed... +1 :(

Guest sontot
so did you test it? how's the battery life?

Any updates on the battery life when using this new csc?

By using Android?

Anyone tried this? :D

Guest shoarmabakpao

I was using that csc eboot since android beta started and my battery life has always been very good.

This is just for now, in the future there must come roms I think which should elliminate the csc influence from windows mobile

Guest Sinistersky
I was using that csc eboot since android beta started and my battery life has always been very good.

This is just for now, in the future there must come roms I think which should elliminate the csc influence from windows mobile

How well would you say the battery life is? How long does it last if you use 3g or 2g? How long does it last if you listen to music?

Guest ashburn
Latest Update from Almar's twitter

He said Camera works!!!!!!!!!!

Yes!! Goodjob!!

AWESOME!!!!! Can't wait to test it soon. Hope's he let us try it!!!!! GOOD WORK..

Guest firefly2k3
I also would like to try Androind on the Omnia II, but until now I can't get it to work after two evenings of frustration :D . I've tried:

* Beta 2 on My Storage

* Beta 2 on the SD disk ( = 8GB default disk from the millionaire box)

* Beta 1 on My Storage

* Several install tutorials

* Updated zImage, tried that in \O2Beta dir as well

* Erased the SD card from the Samsung settings inside the phone

* Partitioned the SD card with Easeus partition manager as 1800 MB Fat16 + the rest Ext3 (tried Ext2 also)

* Partitioned the SD card as Fat32

It always stops at 'Cannot mount mmcblk0p5 on /SDCard' at the first run (Haret from the \O2Beta dir). I've never seen any 'untar' or so, and booting the next time from the My Storage root dir always results in a kernel panic that the fs cannot be found.

I think that the installer might look at the internal flash instead of the card. The first text is:

Found card mmc1

Partitions p1

But then it looks like it tries to mount a partition on mmc0. Who knows how to overcome this problem? Has it got something to do with the names of the My Storage and memory card in Windows Mobile? Or is that flushed as soon as Haret starts?

Btw thanks for the efforts put into this, I hope I also can enjoy it soon :(

@VHeinz:

I had the same problem earlier.

If you look at the automated installation script, it mounts your Internal Storage (/SDCard) which is My Storage as mmcblk0p5.

Correct me if I am wrong... but I guess you have partitioned your My Storage using Partition Master/Wizard at some point.

Once My Storage partitions are changed, the automated install method does not work and give the error 'Cannot mount mmcblk0p5 on /SDCard'.

I flashed with .mst to restore My Storage partitions and then the automated install works without any problem.

You can either use the Ubuntu install method OR flash a .mst to restore My Storage partitions and then do an automated install.

PS: To install on SD Card, try 1Gig or 2Gig. I've read somewhere in this forum that the automated install (or was it the SD card driver?) does not handle 8G cards too well.

cheers

~Firefly

Guest VHeinz
@VHeinz:

I had the same problem earlier.

If you look at the automated installation script, it mounts your Internal Storage (/SDCard) which is My Storage as mmcblk0p5.

Correct me if I am wrong... but I guess you have partitioned your My Storage using Partition Master/Wizard at some point.

Once My Storage partitions are changed, the automated install method does not work and give the error 'Cannot mount mmcblk0p5 on /SDCard'.

I flashed with .mst to restore My Storage partitions and then the automated install works without any problem.

You can either use the Ubuntu install method OR flash a .mst to restore My Storage partitions and then do an automated install.

PS: To install on SD Card, try 1Gig or 2Gig. I've read somewhere in this forum that the automated install (or was it the SD card driver?) does not handle 8G cards too well.

cheers

~Firefly

Hi Firefly,

Thanks for the explanation about the partitions. Yesterday I tried the Ubuntu tutorial, but then with Ubuntu as virtual machine. I've almost managed to get it working, apart from Windows interfering with full disk access for VMWare for the 'My Storage' disk. I can untar only part of it to the correct partition on My Storage and then VMWare loses sync of the disk actions. (It was an attempt to install it completely on My Storage).

Today I'll look into the solution you posted and/or install Ubuntu on a second PC.

Edited by VHeinz

Guest urkopi
Hi Firefly,

Thanks for the explanation about the partitions. Yesterday I tried the Ubuntu tutorial, but then with Ubuntu as virtual machine. I've almost managed to get it working, apart from Windows interfering with full disk access for VMWare for the 'My Storage' disk. I can untar only part of it to the correct partition on My Storage and then VMWare loses sync of the disk actions. (It was an attempt to install it completely on My Storage).

Today I'll look into the solution you posted and/or install Ubuntu on a second PC.

I have a strange problem:

I often install and install Android on the microSD and memory device, but a completely clear day you try to install Android o2beta from the folder, and gave me an error which read:

mount: mounting/../mmcblk0p5 on / sdcard failed: No such decive or addreses

Cannot Mount internal FLASH !!!!!!!! reboting in 10 sec

I tried every possible way to install Android, with Ubuntu in the memory device, the microSD, from the folder o2beta ... but it was impossible.

Has anyone had or has the same problem? Any solution?

Thanksand Regards!

Guest pepsipig
I have a strange problem:

I often install and install Android on the microSD and memory device, but a completely clear day you try to install Android o2beta from the folder, and gave me an error which read:

mount: mounting/../mmcblk0p5 on / sdcard failed: No such decive or addreses

Cannot Mount internal FLASH !!!!!!!! reboting in 10 sec

I tried every possible way to install Android, with Ubuntu in the memory device, the microSD, from the folder o2beta ... but it was impossible.

Has anyone had or has the same problem? Any solution?

Thanksand Regards!

I had the same problem.And i found it's the problem of the partition of MY STORAGE.

After changing MY STORAGE partition from PRIMARY to LOGICAL,this problem was solved.

if u dont know how to do this,I have a back up partition table.It can recover MY STORAGE to the way before u installed android.U can use diskGenius to recover...

sorry,i cant upload files.Just get MY STORAGE back to the way it was :D

Edited by pepsipig

Guest urkopi
I had the same problem.And i found it's the problem of the partition of MY STORAGE.

After changing MY STORAGE partition from PRIMARY to LOGICAL,this problem was solved.

if u dont know how to do this,I have a back up partition table.It can recover MY STORAGE to the way before u installed android.U can use diskGenius to recover...

sorry,i cant upload files.Just get MY STORAGE back to the way it was :D

Thanks! I know how to do it...

:(

Here You have kernel + modules with latest svn changes

How do we install it?

?? O2_kos.tar ??

Changed zImage and put O2_kos.tar on MyStorage and black screen stuck...

Edited by slmz

Guest Sinistersky
Here You have kernel + modules with latest svn changes kernel.zip

Edit: modules are now in o2b2update.tar.gz

nvm...everything works fine for now..just a long ass boot up xD

no camera?

Edited by Sinistersky

Guest tjeerdos
Here You have kernel + modules with latest svn changes kernel.zip

Edit: modules are now in o2b2update.tar.gz

i am sorry but what does this update do?

is this for the camera?

thanks tjeerdos