Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest jeffroni
I lost Mystorage after using gparted, so I tried this and it worked. You just select storage card. And it only worked when I formated it with my computer after the last step.

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...-omnia-ii-i800/

i have my storage card and my storage in windows worked,in android in the settings and then storage card there is only 555mb free space to use.

in android he does not see the 15 gb i have left(sd 8gb,my storage 7gb)

do you have see more space with your device or you have also 555 mb?????

Guest shoarmabakpao
How well would you say the battery life is? How long does it last if you use 3g or 2g? How long does it last if you listen to music?

Well, I never watched the battery drain in detail however I listen music during school-lessons. Total time of listening music would be over 5 hours + I also play alot pokemon ruby on my omnia 2 and my battery lasts all day and then I just recharge it when I get home which is at around 5pm. I usually have around 40% battery left when I go recharge it.

I did not disable 3g but I did disable the data-usage because I don't have an data-plan.

I do not have an dataplan so I don't know how's the battery drain with that on. I do know that my friend with an HTC Desire HD which has always 3g on and never listens music has a massive battery drain. He is always having around 55% battery life left and that's with an perfectly working android 2.2.3 on an native android device.

Guest Sinistersky
Well, I never watched the battery drain in detail however I listen music during school-lessons. Total time of listening music would be over 5 hours + I also play alot pokemon ruby on my omnia 2 and my battery lasts all day and then I just recharge it when I get home which is at around 5pm. I usually have around 40% battery left when I go recharge it.

I did not disable 3g but I did disable the data-usage because I don't have an data-plan.

I do not have an dataplan so I don't know how's the battery drain with that on. I do know that my friend with an HTC Desire HD which has always 3g on and never listens music has a massive battery drain. He is always having around 55% battery life left and that's with an perfectly working android 2.2.3 on an native android device.

Thank You for your info mate, I will consider updating to that CSC and eboot maybe..we'll see

Regarding the latest modules posted....The camera crashes every time..so i'm guessing it is not included in the update ?

Guest corleone24

hi! i've follow the instructions but i stay in the 8 step because i dont see the android bootscreen, my mobile is restart but i dont see the android bootscreen's before...help me please! the partition on the storagecard are maded :D

Guest shoarmabakpao
Thank You for your info mate, I will consider updating to that CSC and eboot maybe..we'll see

Regarding the latest modules posted....The camera crashes every time..so i'm guessing it is not included in the update ?

I haven't tried the new update yet. I just wait for the official release :D

Guest VHeinz

Yes! I managed to boot it! I've used the Linux tutorial and Ubuntu in VMWare. The trick to overcome I/O errors from Windows interfering with VMWare for full disk access of the My Storage or SD Card is: Do not add a harddisk to the virtual machine, but as a Generic SCSI drive. In both it's possible to select the required disk. Harddisk results in problems, while SCSI works just fine.

I've already overcome some problems:

1. I couldn't find the option to shut down the phone. Seems that the trick is to hold the suspend button for some time

2. The phone part was not working the first time. Reseating the Sim card worked

3. I cannot boot the zImage from the update of 3 March. The one from 9 March works.

Noticed the following:

* The device locks up if you hold the back button for a long time

But there also some problems left that I couldn't fix by searching the forum:

1. I cannot add a new APN. There is no option in the menu to add a new record there. Someone suggested to hold the diamond button, but that simply results in an overview of the last menu's I've visited

2. In which applications should the GSensor work? The update from 3/3/2011 seems like it adds sensor support. Is the zImage from that update required to get the sensor working? Because it doesn't boot using that update (blank screen before the Android logo) I use the one from 9/3/2011.

3. The End Call button behaves strage. It sends the [ character?

4. When I set the USB Settings to Mass Storage I cannot connect the storage to the PC. I receive the USB 'connect failed' sound on the PC.

Edited by VHeinz

Guest alanmax

How to disable the automatic time update from the GSM.

It not work with my operation and has side effect (twitter, etc), I think.

Thanks much.

How to disable the automatic time update from the GSM.

It not work with my operation and has side effect (twitter, etc), I think.

Thanks much.

edit the same time.sh changing value=1 to value=0 and run it again.

Guest alanmax
edit the same time.sh changing value=1 to value=0 and run it again.

Sorry, I am new baby for linux. pls guide me more, how to edit XXX.sh file.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry, I am new baby for linux. pls guide me more, how to edit XXX.sh file.

Thanks in advance.

Don't worry you dont need know nothing about linux. see!

Just (in windows) open time.sh with any text editor (like notepad) and find the "value" variable, you will see it:

#!/bin/bash

sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db <<!

select * from system where name = 'auto_time';

update system set value = 1 where name = 'auto_time';

!

Then erase the number 1 and write 0 in that place, you will got that:

#!/bin/bash

sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db <<!

select * from system where name = 'auto_time';

update system set value = 0 where name = 'auto_time';

!

Then save it in file option (in notepad) and drag this new time.sh to your Mystorage and boot android. Thats all.

Edited by slmz

Guest xibianliang

My phone, which has not been able to run android for the past few days, successfully booted into android again after i'd patched the latest updates attached by Voytechst.The wifi problem seems to have disppeared too, at least for the moment!wondering what changes are inlcuded the update package

edit:"Unable to start Wlan" and random crashes have come back!

Edited by xibianliang

Guest aerovolce
hi! i've follow the instructions but i stay in the 8 step because i dont see the android bootscreen, my mobile is restart but i dont see the android bootscreen's before...help me please! the partition on the storagecard are maded :D

you need to install 2d/3d libs, check repository

Guest mkmkwong
Here You have kernel + modules with latest svn changes kernel.zip

Edit: modules are now in o2b2update.tar.gz

New kernel works very well, no freeze & SOD happened so far.

Only WI-FI sometimes unable to connect back after screen off.

Thanks.

update on 16:01

First freeze at 15:45, unplug the battery & reboot the mobile.

Another freeze within 10 mins. it seems the kernel is not compatible my omnia2.

(Remarks: Installed kgp700's package)

Edited by mkmkwong

Guest corleone24
you need to install 2d/3d libs, check repository

hi! the problem are solved, th android as launched very faster awesome :D but now the system send popups with messages: system.android not ini (force close - wait) clock aplication not ini (force close - wait) i puto "wait" and i see the homescreen of android but i touch the button's call and the cellphone change's blank (lcd in black color) what's the problem?? sorry i very noob with this... :(

Guest shoarmabakpao

Hey, I got a question.

They are getting 24 bits to work on our omnia 2's but isn't it that a CPU can handle the best 32 bits of color?

Or are the 'arm' designed chips having a hard time dealing with 32 bits instead of doing it more easy then 16 bits like it is on an 'x86' cpu for the computer.

Edited by shoarmabakpao

Guest corleone24
hi! the problem are solved, th android as launched very faster awesome :( but now the system send popups with messages: system.android not ini (force close - wait) clock aplication not ini (force close - wait) i puto "wait" and i see the homescreen of android but i touch the button's call and the cellphone change's blank (lcd in black color) what's the problem?? sorry i very noob with this... B)

solved clicking in force close! :D the ultimate problem.. :D" how see the files in the my storage? because i see only the free space in my sd card...thanxs :(

Guest sontot

I'm currently using KGP700's beta pack and so far so good.

But problem is, phone cannot be charged because the usb is reversed.

When usb not plug in, phone stating in charging mode.

When usb is plugged in, it is not even charging. :D

Guest corleone24

sorry for post too more, my problem's are solved by me xD but i don't try the handsfree, y put some song on the "android player" but dont detect my headphones...solution? thanxs ^^

Guest sontot
I'm currently using KGP700's beta pack and so far so good.

But problem is, phone cannot be charged because the usb is reversed.

When usb not plug in, phone stating in charging mode.

When usb is plugged in, it is not even charging. :(

Haha... I spoke too soon. Now having my SOD... hahaha :D

Just when I updated to the new kernel 03.09.11..

Guest alexovy

how do you listen music? If the screen is going to sleep, my music player is stopping