Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest nachoijs

same happend to me, and also with the FM Radio, i couldn´t find the solution yet..., any ideas?

how do you listen music? If the screen is going to sleep, my music player is stopping

Guest nikkotsoi
PowerAMP

can the poweramp search the music folders?

I tried the mort music player which works well.

Playing music when sleeping and also setting the folders in my storage as music folder :D

Guest pepsipig

UPDATE in Timeline!!

03/17/11: Today

15:39 Changeset [105] by bs I9000 linux 2.6.32 SDHCI/MMC driver ported to eliminate external sdhci …

15:35 Changeset [104] by bs Old version mmc removed.

15:34 Changeset [103] by bs old version removed.

15:22 Changeset [102] by bsWinMo? like battery profile added.

Guest nachoijs

do you know an alternative app for using FM Radio???

can the poweramp search the music folders?

I tried the mort music player which works well.

Playing music when sleeping and also setting the folders in my storage as music folder :D

Guest redzone321

i find that updating to new kernal almost always forces me to reinstall from scratch. the apps i have installed seems to mess everything up. once i do a fresh install with new updates then restore via titanium everything runs well

Guest urkopi
UPDATE in Timeline!!

03/17/11: Today

15:39 Changeset [105] by bs I9000 linux 2.6.32 SDHCI/MMC driver ported to eliminate external sdhci …

15:35 Changeset [104] by bs Old version mmc removed.

15:34 Changeset [103] by bs old version removed.

15:22 Changeset [102] by bsWinMo? like battery profile added.

What means the first line? "15:39 Changeset [105] by bs I9000 linux 2.6.32 SDHCI/MMC driver ported to eliminate external sdhci …"

Thanks!

Guest Zeemon
What means the first line? "15:39 Changeset [105] by bs I9000 linux 2.6.32 SDHCI/MMC driver ported to eliminate external sdhci …"

Thanks!

I think it is a new Multimedia Card driver ported from the Galaxy S, because people with a SDCard larger than 2gb experienced very slow downloads when running Android of this SDCard, I could be completely wrong though :D

Guest urkopi
I think it is a new Multimedia Card driver ported from the Galaxy S, because people with a SDCard larger than 2gb experienced very slow downloads when running Android of this SDCard, I could be completely wrong though :D

Thanks!, I hope so! Because I have a SDHC Card 8GB class 2 and the Android doesn't run well!

Regards

Guest jroon
Haha... I spoke too soon. Now having my SOD... hahaha :D

Just when I updated to the new kernel 03.09.11..

KGP700's beta pack gives -in my opinion- so far the best Android experience on my Omnia 2 (gt i8000 Dutch)

I've been trying all kinds of installs (no Ubuntu/Linux only windows) and they all lead to errors/crashes/SOD etc.and didnt last longer than a day.

This KGP700 beta pack is already running for three days and still no errors or crashes. Change Korean language is easy (morelocal2 app) only (USB) charging is not working and of course the fast battery draining.

So I won't update it with the latest kernel, right?

the headphones dont try...solution or this function doesnt activate?? thanxs

The headphones work perfect to me, try new download and new instalation.

Guest voyteckst
KGP700's beta pack gives -in my opinion- so far the best Android experience on my Omnia 2 (gt i8000 Dutch)

I've been trying all kinds of installs (no Ubuntu/Linux only windows) and they all lead to errors/crashes/SOD etc.and didnt last longer than a day.

This KGP700 beta pack is already running for three days and still no errors or crashes. Change Korean language is easy (morelocal2 app) only (USB) charging is not working and of course the fast battery draining.

So I won't update it with the latest kernel, right?

Why don't you read even what kgp700 wrote.... USB charging won't work with his kernel, because of differences in O2 and Korean O2 in USB connections. You have to use i.e. official kernel or compiled by me.

Guest mkmkwong
Why don't you read even what kgp700 wrote.... USB charging won't work with his kernel, because of differences in O2 and Korean O2 in USB connections. You have to use i.e. official kernel or compiled by me.

What is the difference of Korea's Kernel & offical kernel?

Why the Korea's kernel is more stable?

Guest LOLOH2

Hi guys, this problem bordering me for quite long and stopping me from using Beta 2 Andriod because it only use “end-call” / “power button” to wake up the phone and I need to press hard on the key several times before the phone wake up, I wonder anyone can help to teach me how to disable the hibernation on the phone or remap the key so that I can use the normal “sleep/lock” button on the right to wake up the phone. I used Rapid and ult_nrg button fix didn’t work. Thanks.

Edited by LOLOH2

Guest volts320

I need help....i can install beta 1 but i can't install beta 2....in beta 2 after the second haret it either hang or boot black screen then enter wm

i use the same installation step in beta1 and i have also follow all the guide here but i just can't get beta 2 working....can someone help me out?

btw i have also put in the update stuff in beta 2 when i wan installing it but it hang

Guest Pete B
I need help....i can install beta 1 but i can't install beta 2....in beta 2 after the second haret it either hang or boot black screen then enter wm

i use the same installation step in beta1 and i have also follow all the guide here but i just can't get beta 2 working....can someone help me out?

btw i have also put in the update stuff in beta 2 when i wan installing it but it hang

the 2d-3d o2update needs to renamed to o2b2update.tar.gz I guess you left it as o2bupdate.tar.gz so the files haven't been copied accross.

Edit: Re-read your message and it appears this might not be your problem but left the suggestion just in case.

Edited by Pete B

Guest voyteckst
What is the difference of Korea's Kernel & offical kernel?

Why the Korea's kernel is more stable?

It isn't more stable, because it isn't kernel matter. I'm using it daily without problems. Moreover this is almost THE SAME kernel, because Aslan copied svn and merged with his changes regarding some usb settings etc.

What avoids some freezes is i.e. setting sleep freq to 266 (in kgp700 mount.sh).

My setup is following:

- latest kernel

- so called cpu libraries not changed from beta2

- 2D/3D drivers as I mentioned in SOD thread

- mount.sh from kgp700

- build.prop - added dalvikvm entries from build.prop provided by kgp700

Edited by voyteckst

Guest volts320
the 2d-3d o2update needs to renamed to o2b2update.tar.gz I guess you left it as o2bupdate.tar.gz so the files haven't been copied accross.

Edit: Re-read your message and it appears this might not be your problem but left the suggestion just in case.

no,it is correct

Guest Clemenzo

Anyone knows how to add APN into the build so that it is there and activated on first boot instead of having to add it manually after a refresh setup?

Guest mat9v

@voyteckst

Could you please share your settings in the form of update file?

- mount.sh from kgp700

Are you also setting sleep frequency to 266 ?

Guest voyteckst
@voyteckst

Could you please share your settings in the form of update file?

- mount.sh from kgp700

Are you also setting sleep frequency to 266 ?

I can't share 2D/3D drivers, because I'm somehow involved in the project.

And yes - I've got 266 sleep frequency.

Edited by voyteckst

Guest ashburn

I don't get it guys, help me out. I've been trying to get the new zImage to boot my android up... but i fail.... some magic thingy and new path and stuffs.

NEVERMIND I'VE GOT IT WORKING. =DD

Edited by ashburn