Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest Ahhhhhhhhfff
It isn't more stable, because it isn't kernel matter. I'm using it daily without problems. Moreover this is almost THE SAME kernel, because Aslan copied svn and merged with his changes regarding some usb settings etc.

What avoids some freezes is i.e. setting sleep freq to 266 (in kgp700 mount.sh).

My setup is following:

- latest kernel

- so called cpu libraries not changed from beta2

- 2D/3D drivers as I mentioned in SOD thread

- mount.sh from kgp700

- build.prop - added dalvikvm entries from build.prop provided by kgp700

Hi,

you do not use other updates, such as sensors (2011-03-03)?

thank.

Guest corleone24
The headphones work perfect to me, try new download and new instalation.

uhmm ok but for the new instalation i use the beta2zip or betazip ??? the 2d/3d graphic's tar rename's with o2b2?? and two other questions...how update the music player of android with my's mp3 of stay in my memory??because the player don't detect my files or i'vent idea to make possible..and how change the ring tone with other mp3 track?? thanxs and sorry for my bad english :D

Edited by corleone24

Guest mkmkwong
It isn't more stable, because it isn't kernel matter. I'm using it daily without problems. Moreover this is almost THE SAME kernel, because Aslan copied svn and merged with his changes regarding some usb settings etc.

What avoids some freezes is i.e. setting sleep freq to 266 (in kgp700 mount.sh).

My setup is following:

- latest kernel

- so called cpu libraries not changed from beta2

- 2D/3D drivers as I mentioned in SOD thread

- mount.sh from kgp700

- build.prop - added dalvikvm entries from build.prop provided by kgp700

Thank you voyteckst's tips.

I'm trying to follow your guide to update my omnia2.

I'll upload the updates if it's successful.

Guest xibianliang

Thank you!looking forward to it

Guest kgp700

not working svn r105 kernel

mounting is successful but

displayed warning at sdhci.c and can not booting

attached video

Edited by kgp700

Guest voyteckst
not working svn r105 kernel

mounting is successful but

displayed warning at sdhci.c and can not booting

<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2QrxxDIpqw?fs=1&amp;hl=ko_KR"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2QrxxDIpqw?fs=1&amp;hl=ko_KR"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2QrxxDIpqw?fs=1&amp;hl=ko_KR" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="390"></embed></object>

Download newest .config (svn rev 106) ;-)

Attached newest kernel modules kernel_16032011.zip Probably zImage is enough, but o2b2update.tar.gz is attached just in case.

Edited by voyteckst

Guest kgp700

Attached newest kernel modules kernel_16032011.zip Probably zImage is enough, but o2b2update.tar.gz is attached just in case.

thanks i will try it!! :D :(

maybe kernel version changed??? 2.6.31 -> 2.6.32

not working beta1 module? :(

Edited by kgp700

Guest voyteckst
thanks i will try it!! :D :(

maybe kernel version changed??? 2.6.31 -> 2.6.32

not working beta1 module? :(

No kernel is still 2.6.31. Only SDHCI and MMC part was ported. And in my .config version checking is disabled.

Guest VHeinz
Anyone knows how to add APN into the build so that it is there and activated on first boot instead of having to add it manually after a refresh setup?

You need to press the diamond button in the APN screen (it's in Settings -> Wireless -> last item -> APN) and then choose 'Add new'. If no menu is shown, then change your kernel. I noticed that the last one from 2011-03-09 doesn't map the keys right. I cannot get the popup menu with that kernel version. The one from 2011-03-03 works (but it contains the bug that the End Call button also puts the device in standby).

Guest mkmkwong

I have followed the guide (select 2D/3D driver & kgp700's mount.sh & build.prop) to update my current andriod & using the newest kenel, freeze occured in few minutes.

I also tryed to flash install beta2, the result is the same (freeze again).

I guess different regions' omnia2 have different parts or chipset.

That's why people followed the same guide but have different result.

Guest voyteckst
You need to press the diamond button in the APN screen (it's in Settings -> Wireless -> last item -> APN) and then choose 'Add new'. If no menu is shown, then change your kernel. I noticed that the last one from 2011-03-09 doesn't map the keys right. I cannot get the popup menu with that kernel version. The one from 2011-03-03 works (but it contains the bug that the End Call button also puts the device in standby).

You don't read carefully. He want to have configured APN just after first boot (this is for most android releases), not configuring it.

Guest VHeinz
You don't read carefully. He want to have configured APN just after first boot (this is for most android releases), not configuring it.

Oops, my bad. Must be the frustration that I had with the popup menu not appearing... :D

Guest felalex

I believe there is an automatic way, from what I've seen over the Internet (never tried it though) you need to put an XML file in /system/etc with the settings.

I found such file with settings for Israel here: http://www.2shared.com/file/12332510/7e22a09d/apns-conf.html

I think that you can download it, change it to suit your provider and see if it works.

Let us know how it goes.

Guest VHeinz

Hi voyteckst, I've tried this SVN build of the kernel. But this kernel has the same issue on my device as the 2011-03-09 kernel has: the keyboard mappings. If I press the end call button the ']' character is send, and the diamond key no longer works. Do you know how I can fix this?

Guest urkopi
Hi voyteckst, I've tried this SVN build of the kernel. But this kernel has the same issue on my device as the 2011-03-09 kernel has: the keyboard mappings. If I press the end call button the ']' character is send, and the diamond key no longer works. Do you know how I can fix this?

I have to add a new issue and I don't know if you have repaired it before, but when I star the Droid, It tell me that the SD card removed and to insert a new one... Why? I have the Android in the microSD card and I don't have any freezes and S&D, and now this... When I will be able to install the Droid properly?? :S

Thanks a lot devs! :D

Guest voyteckst

Just use this file (rename to o2b2update.tar.gz and put to MS) o2b2update_KEYS.tar.gz

I have to add a new issue and I don't know if you have repaired it before, but when I star the Droid, It tell me that the SD card removed and to insert a new one... Why? I have the Android in the microSD card and I don't have any freezes and S&D, and now this... When I will be able to install the Droid properly?? :S

Thanks a lot devs! :D

Are You sure? Check if You see /sdcard content. For me sd card works fine.

Edited by voyteckst

Guest max126

Hi everyone, I had my omnia 2 with android working great but a few days ago I can't boot android because appears kernel panic. I already try to reinstall it, but the problem keeps appearing. Can anyone help me?

Thanks for the attention paid.

Guest shoarmabakpao

I think Almar has finished the tweaking on the camera guys :D

18:08 Changeset [109] by marc

18:03 Changeset [108] by marc

modules/camera

Files:

21 added

Kconfig

Makefile

s3c_camera_driver.c

s3c_camif.c

s3c_camif.h

samsung

samsung/Makefile

samsung/ait848.c

samsung/ait848.h

samsung/ce131.c

samsung/flash

samsung/flash/Makefile

samsung/flash/aat1271a.c

samsung/po4010.c

samsung/po4010.h

samsung/power

samsung/power/Makefile

samsung/power/lp8720.c

samsung/videodev2_samsung.h

videodev2_s3c.h

EDIT: Does anyone know what's the maximum capable recording resolution of our Omnia 2?

Edited by shoarmabakpao

Guest Sinistersky

right...why does it take like...10 seconds to take the phone out of "sleep" ? Why can't i just press the freaking button and get it out of sleep...I need to press it and wait 10 seconds..what gives?

Guest problematika

The beta3 is closer and closer...I can feel it! :( Tnx to Devs, just one more time need to tell that! :D

Edited by problematika

Guest shoarmabakpao
in win mobile the omnia 2 has a 480p max video

480=720x480

I mean what is the maximum resolution the video chip is able to record?

In example the Nexus One was launched with camera recording at 480p and just with a software update it was capable of shooting full 720p, same goes for the Sony Ericsson Xperia 10

Guest voyteckst

And one more kernel_18032011.zip ;-)

Changelog:

-kernel rev111:

- SDHCI/MMC ported from 2.6.32 which causes external SD is almost as fast as internal memory

- battery profile is now like in Windows Mobile (it really shows battery percentage fine now)

- compass calibration bugfix

Edited by voyteckst

Guest shoarmabakpao
And one more kernel_18032011.zip ;-)

Changelog:

-kernel rev111:

- SDHCI/MMC ported from 2.6.32 which causes external SD is almost as fast as internal memory

- battery profile is now like in Windows Mobile (it really shows battery percentage fine now)

- compass calibration bugfix

I tried it out and now I get a row of crazy text and afterwards screen turns black help???