Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

to mosci:

Radio, filemanager and also mp3player working good. Problem is in your omnia, try reinstal android ;)

yeah seems to be my phone is the only one ...

but i have installed it at least 30 times from yesterday til now - ok ok ... i haven't tested radio/filemanager/mediaplayer all the time

i'm glad that this install works for more than 3 reboots ---

don't care about my small problems ... but nice to hear that those things work for other 7610 owners.

maybe it just depends on some broken inodes during to pinhole resets after hanging up.

as long as wifi is not working and the android-minutes seems to have only 55 seconds

i can't use android in a productive matter with this phone ... so ... i'm just playing .. and therefore i need no radio,mediaplyer or filemanager ore whatever ;-)

i will wait and see (and read)

Guest redzone321

Ok new question...

When i open file manager i can see storage < this is my 16gb section that has my music and what not. Now...

How do i get the music player to add all the songs on storage to the library?

Guest wizard83
guys what about the sleep patch? i always feel the omnia hot

First of all, it's my first time here, congratulations to the developers, thank you very very much for your awesome job!

After the patch, I feel my omnia hot too, maybe it depends by the wifi always on?

to mosci:

Radio, filemanager and also mp3player working good. Problem is in your omnia, try reinstal android :)

31th reformat & install fixed at least my filemanager and mediaplayer issues ;)

edit:

that was a little to quick ... filemanager opens only 1 time for longer time ... now it's the same as before ... it starts ... and close in the same second

Edited by mosci

Guest djsolidsnake86
First of all, it's my first time here, congratulations to the developers, thank you very very much for your awesome job!

After the patch, I feel my omnia hot too, maybe it depends by the wifi always on?

no also when i have it off

and seem that there is the sleepofdeath, the phone won't awake

edit. i have a question: the zimage must be overwrited in the root and in o2beta folder or only in the root of my storage?

Edited by djsolidsnake86

I havent been here in months:D We are back working on camera, 3g and bluetooth and sensors! I hope things will move fast now!

(nobody noticed Almar posting something in thist thread????? ;) )

Great to hear from our big master!

Sounds awesome, what you(and your team) did.

I will test everything as soon, as my O2 is back from Service...

Incredible work!

Guest Uss_Defiant

Thank you so much! This is really amazing work!

I must ask however... is there any possibility of a NAND version?

Also, how does the battery life look so far, and whats the chances of it improving?

Thanks again, us Omnia 2 users owe you guys a lot!

I don't know what I'm doing wrong... a followed the installation step-by-step, installed updates, but it's still freezing for me, and services shuting down randomly...

maybe the sd card is too slow?

I don't know what I'm doing wrong... a followed the installation step-by-step, installed updates, but it's still freezing for me, and services shuting down randomly...

maybe the sd card is too slow?

every time your phone freezes .. and you have to reset .. it can happen that your ext2-filesystem get's damaged ...

to get shure you have a clean filesystem it is alt least necessary to do a filesystemcheck (fsck.ext2) or

reformat the filesystem.

as long as you don't reformat or do a fsck, you run into the danger that the reason for the freeze ist still within the filesystem.

Guest CalvinH
Earlier it wasn't sleep but some workaround.

Thanks! The fact is I think I understand there's something done to address the sleep problem, but my question is how can I tell if the patch is working or not. I have just replaced zImage (no reinstall) and everything is working fine. And I would like to know if the patch is working or if, on the other hand, it isn't "operative" (or whatever).

By the way, if anyone uses the phone constantly it would be great to post run times. Prior to the patch installation, starting with the battery not fully charged, I had about 3 hours of pretty intensive use (WIFI + screen on all the time).

Regards.

Guest redzone321

Anyone?

From my rough reading it seems the android music player will look for music on the SD card. is there a way to have it look in Storage(my storage) instead?

Ok new question...

When i open file manager i can see storage < this is my 16gb section that has my music and what not. Now...

How do i get the music player to add all the songs on storage to the library?

every time your phone freezes .. and you have to reset .. it can happen that your ext2-filesystem get's damaged ...

to get shure you have a clean filesystem it is alt least necessary to do a filesystemcheck (fsck.ext2) or

reformat the filesystem.

as long as you don't reformat or do a fsck, you run into the danger that the reason for the freeze ist still within the filesystem.

I reformated the sd card, but I still get "force kill / wait" bubbles ;)

Guest capercb

Is anyone having a problem downloading the zImage...when trying to download it open up in IE or when save as txt file..!!! Am i missing something .. ;) Never mind I used firefox instead /// :)

Edited by capercb

Guest bobhero
what tools did you use deleting the ext2 part?

To delete ext2 from Windows PC I use EASEUS Partition Master 6.5.2 Home Edition. It is freeware, and seems to work well. Then to format the micro SD I turn on mass storage in samsung settings, connect to PC and use the SD formatting tool 3.0 from sdcard.org. It uses FAT (not FAT32) and 32kb cluster sizes. I do quick format...

reformat the filesystem.

I get many freezes and I am sure I have corrupted my ext2, how do I run fsck?

Edited by bobhero

I've noticed that the download is very slow (from market), is it the wifi driver, or the sd card is that slow?

In windows I get about 5mb/s read and 100kb/s (!!!) write speed.

Guest FactionOne
To delete ext2 from Windows PC I use EASEUS Partition Master 6.5.2 Home Edition. It is freeware, and seems to work well.

Quick question for you - do you have to do anything special to see the SD card in EASUES Partition Master? When I open the SW it just shows my laptop HDD, and I'm pretty sure I'm not missing a big button that says 'switch disk'. (What OS are you running?). My laptop seems to be aware there's a card in the slot (as it shows in 'My Computer' (although I can't open it, only format, because of the partitioning), but the EPM software doesn't seem to see it.

Cheers,

Rob.

Guest bobhero

I noticed with the new sleep kernel that pressing the lock button will usually not turn the screen on right away. Sometimes I must keep pressing for 30 seconds.

However, I notice if I also press the end key then it will resume from sleep faster.

one other thing, the wifi signal strength in the task bar does not seem to function.

Quick question for you - do you have to do anything special to see the SD card in EASUES Partition Master? When I open the SW it just shows my laptop HDD, and I'm pretty sure I'm not missing a big button that says 'switch disk'. (What OS are you running?). My laptop seems to be aware there's a card in the slot (as it shows in 'My Computer' (although I can't open it, only format, because of the partitioning), but the EPM software doesn't seem to see it.

Cheers,

Rob.

The program should see it right away. Windows 7 64 bit. I never inserted the mircosd into a card reader though, I always did it through USB from the phone as mass storage (from windows mobile).

Edited by bobhero