Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest longsin
I already wrote this: Camera is not working for You because You don't have libcamera.so which is tested now.

how can source file exchange to .ko file?

Guest Kanwar Raj Singh
Can anyone tell me why the method of installing beta1 in Ubuntu doesn't work for beta2? i always got the "can not execute" error when starting up android, which sounds like the right permissions have not been obtained. has anyone successfully installed beta2 in that way?Please enlighten me!thanks ahead

+1 same problem here dude

Guest voyteckst
Can anyone tell me why the method of installing beta1 in Ubuntu doesn't work for beta2? i always got the "can not execute" error when starting up android, which sounds like the right permissions have not been obtained. has anyone successfully installed beta2 in that way?Please enlighten me!thanks ahead

edit:the attached image is from a fellow who reported the same issue on the Google wiki page but didn't get a solution!hope someone can kindly advise!

chmod a+x /system/bin/*

chmod a+x /system/xbin/*

Guest xibianliang
chmod a+x /system/bin/*

chmod a+x /system/xbin/*

Thank you all the same! i have solved the problem by reformatting the linux partition with Easus partition manager and the error seems related to improperly-formatted partition. my new problem is the light and magnetic sensors are not working after a clean install with all updates included since 11,Feb.instead of bootting the phone after a each single update, i untarred all updates altogether and then rebooted. could that be problem?

Edited by xibianliang

Guest kgp700

maybe it's related battery drain?(see the video)

Is it normal?

this video is my omnia2 radio log (adb logcat -b radio &)

continuously UNSOL_RESPONSE_NETWORK_STATE_CHANGED and QUERY_NETWORK_SELECTION_MODE

see the video -

Edited by kgp700

Guest voyteckst
maybe it's related battery drain?(see the video)

Is it normal?

this video is my omnia2 radio log (adb logcat -b radio &)

continuously UNSOL_RESPONSE_NETWORK_STATE_CHANGED and QUERY_NETWORK_SELECTION_MODE

see the video -

Have You tried new zImage with new battery profile? It seems that now O2 can work longer with Android.

Guest kgp700
Have You tried new zImage with new battery profile? It seems that now O2 can work longer with Android.

my zImage is svn r112 with new battery profile

before new battery profile kernel -> battery drain 1% per 7minute(on sleep)

after new battery profile kernel (svn r112) -> battery drain 1% per 13minute(on sleep)

it's longer than before

thanks dev team :D

you maybe see the radio log on your phone? (adb logcat -b radio &)

my phone radio log infinite repeat that message (see that code)

Is it normal?

D/RILC	( 1899): [UNSL]< UNSOL_RESPONSE_NETWORK_STATE_CHANGED 

D/RILC	( 1899): sendUnsolicitedResponses: multi client index=0, fd=21

D/RILC	( 1899): [UNSL]< UNSOL_RESPONSE_NETWORK_STATE_CHANGED 

D/RILJ	( 2127): [UNSL]< UNSOL_RESPONSE_NETWORK_STATE_CHANGED

D/RILJ	( 2127): [0235]> OPERATOR

D/RILJ	( 2127): [0236]> GPRS_REGISTRATION_STATE

D/RILC	( 1899): [0235]> OPERATOR 

D/RILJ	( 2127): [0237]> REGISTRATION_STATE

D/RILC	( 1899): [0236]> GPRS_REGISTRATION_STATE 

D/RILJ	( 2127): [0238]> QUERY_NETWORK_SELECTION_MODE

D/RILC	( 1899): [0235]< OPERATOR {SKTelecom,SKTelecom,45005}

D/RILJ	( 2127): [0235]< OPERATOR {SKTelecom, SKTelecom, 45005}

D/RILC	( 1899): [0237]> REGISTRATION_STATE 

D/RILC	( 1899): [0236]< GPRS_REGISTRATION_STATE {1,0081,01054c14,3}

D/RILC	( 1899): [0238]> QUERY_NETWORK_SELECTION_MODE 

D/RILJ	( 2127): [0236]< GPRS_REGISTRATION_STATE {1, 0081, 01054c14, 3}

D/RILC	( 1899): [0237]< REGISTRATION_STATE {1,2081,01054c14}

D/RILJ	( 2127): [0237]< REGISTRATION_STATE {1, 2081, 01054c14}

D/RILC	( 1899): [0238]< QUERY_NETWORK_SELECTION_MODE {0}

D/RILJ	( 2127): [0238]< QUERY_NETWORK_SELECTION_MODE {0}

D/GSM	 ( 2127): Poll ServiceState done:  oldSS=[0 home SKTelecom SKTelecom 45005  UMTS CSS not supported -1 -1RoamInd: -1DefRoamInd: -1] newSS=[0 home SKTelecom SKTelecom 45005  UMTS CSS not supported -1 -1RoamInd: -1DefRoamInd: -1] oldGprs=0 newGprs=0 oldType=UMTS newType=UMTS

Edited by kgp700

Guest musicman1982

Someone can tell me how to install the new zImage?I reinstalled(beta2 1024.zip) put 3d driver,overwrited zimage and i get only blank screen.

Guest xibianliang
Someone can tell me how to install the new zImage?I reinstalled(beta2 1024.zip) put 3d driver,overwrited zimage and i get only blank screen.

zImage does'n need to be installed and you just need to put it in my storage!if you got a blank screen, you have probably taken the wrong zimage.

Guest Pete B

I'm also getting the black screen with the latest zimage.

Using original 2d-3d drivers and curious whether the black screen and error message below is related.

This is roughly what it says on boot as I couldn't write it down quick enough.

version magic: .... 2.6.31 mod_unload ARMv6 should be ...................

and it repeats something similar to this a few times and then goes to black screen.

I hope this is enough to help diagnose but I will take a photo tomorrow and write the complete message.

Edit: Could this be a CPU driver issue??? The ARM part makes me think this.

Edited by Pete B

Guest emptyara

for me it will goes blank if I used stku3dlibs. Rapid's still the only work best for me :D

btw, u dont have to replace the zImage on the 1st boot. update the new zImage + keymapping_o2b2update (19/03) after u success to boot android.

Edited by emptyara

Guest musicman1982
zImage does'n need to be installed and you just need to put it in my storage!if you got a blank screen, you have probably taken the wrong zimage.

No i used the newer zImage.Yes i mean put it the root of my storage.The last message i see Ipc transer start,then screen goes black and nothing happens..(no android logo)

Guest Rufik
my zImage is svn r112 with new battery profile

before new battery profile kernel -> battery drain 1% per 7minute(on sleep)

after new battery profile kernel (svn r112) -> battery drain 1% per 13minute(on sleep)

it's longer than before

New profile does not increase battery life, it only changes android gauge readings, please see:

http://code.google.com/p/omnia2droid/wiki/...ge_relationship

Guest problematika

In 10 hours my battery dropped from 100% to 80%, which is a better than last time. And I had SetCpu (233-800 MHz). So I also think that new update increase my battery life... :D

Guest tjeerdos

hi where did you get your black theme? i tried different themes. but everytime android freezes at bootscreen when a theme is installed.

i installed them by using framework-res.apk and services.jar

grtssss tjeerdos

Guest shoarmabakpao
Thanks

and....

i8000 battery capacity is 1440mAh?

korea omnia2 capacity is 1500mAh

different?

i8000 battery capacity is 1500mAh

Guest Sinistersky

the more this thing gets more advanced the more freezes i get...i get like .. g3d open every second boot...and a freeze on every normal boot in about 15 minutes...i have all updates installed, and the .sh's... what gives? using my storage on ext4, becuase the freaking class 2 sd card can has hickups...so i thought mystrage would work properly...the moment i installed the "camera" thing i get freezes every ten-15 minutes...

Guest problematika
yes

Yes? I think it is not possible, because Spica has capative screen, which Omnia doesn't have...Almar or Sandor said that...so, I don't know! :D

Edited by problematika