Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest deadman1007

I've reinstalled android with last update, everithing works, but no sensors which i forgot to put

is there a way to add them without reinstalling and how

Guest Sinistersky
I've reinstalled android with last update, everithing works, but no sensors which i forgot to put

is there a way to add them without reinstalling and how

you need to run the .sh that was included with the real sensors update...not the sensors that came with the camera

Guest Sinistersky
Yes? I think it is not possible, because Spica has capative screen, which Omnia doesn't have...Almar or Sandor said that...so, I don't know! :D

that's what i said... the question was "it is impossible to do Multi Touch in I8000?" to wich my answer is "Yes" a.k.a. "Yes, it is impossible"

Guest alexovy

I was unctions to see how the new update will "feel" and I can say that the overall impression is FAST. The files browsing is faster and the I/O benchmark points in Quadrant increased to around 850 witch is impressive if you compare to the other phones in the chart.

The problem is that my phone is still freezing, at least one time per day and sometimes, when I get a phone call, the screen remains black and I don't see who is calling me. I am using "call light". I also still have SOD, at least one time per day.

This force me to still use winmo since my Omnia is my business phone :D.

The important thing is that the versions are better and better every time.

Looking forward to the next beta version.

Guest Tamerlan2009

In 10 hours my battery dropped from 98% to 84%. thus listened music and a bit played.

SetCpu(66-800 MHz)

Edited by Tamerlan2009

Guest problematika
In 10 hours my battery dropped from 98% to 84%. thus listened music and a bit played.

SetCpu(66-800 MHz)

You don have sleep of death problem with 66 MHz?

Guest Tamerlan2009

For me droid works two weeks and not a single error, hanging up, problems with sleep also are not present and holds a battery long!

Guest Sinistersky
For me droid works two weeks and not a single error, hanging up, problems with sleep also are not present and holds a battery long!

:D

Guest voyteckst

It's probably not cpu frequency problem, but rather g3d driver. It's beeing investigated.

Edited by voyteckst

Guest TheSamuray

Can u say what sequence of file installation u did

What update files u have used

so we can have a good life as u have

Thanks in advance

:D

Guest problematika
It's probably not cpu frequency problem, but rather g3d driver. It's beeing investigated.

Is there any solution for that problem? Can u share your personal solution? Tnx! :D

Guest alexovy

what 2d/3d drivers are you using?

Are you using SetCPU? What profile?

SetCpu(66-800 MHz)

I have tested setCPU with low clock too, (133-800) for awaken and (66-66) for sleep and have got very good stability and low drain experience. In sleep it drain less then 1% a hour. However it takes 5-6 seg to awake. I think setCPU in this moment is the key for SOD, freeze and high drain issues.

With SetCPU open I could see that sometimes its stay long time in 800 MHz even phone not running anything, this probably cause high drain, but I dont know why this happens

SOD and freezes again... :D

Edited by slmz

Guest voyteckst
Is there any solution for that problem? Can u share your personal solution? Tnx! :D

Hmmmmm I wrote: "it's beeing investigated". So I have no solution for this now. Altough with latest kernel and modules I posted android works stable and battery last longer. I'm also using standart mount.sh (changed back from kgp700), because frequency is not a cause of SoD.

Edited by voyteckst

@voyteckst

What is the real reason about the 3d/2d drivers that the samsung doesn't allow it to distribute?

Would the samsung sell the sources?

I think, if we could buy it, lot of people would donate to buy the sources.

Guest Pete B
I'm also getting the black screen with the latest zimage.

Using original 2d-3d drivers and curious whether the black screen and error message below is related.

This is roughly what it says on boot as I couldn't write it down quick enough.

version magic: .... 2.6.31 mod_unload ARMv6 should be ...................

and it repeats something similar to this a few times and then goes to black screen.

I hope this is enough to help diagnose but I will take a photo tomorrow and write the complete message.

Edit: Could this be a CPU driver issue??? The ARM part makes me think this.

Well I found the source of the problem for the errors and black screen.

Turns out the init.rc file had changed storage back to k0p5 so the o2b2update.tar.gz file didn't install on boot.

I have edited the init.rc file and now no more black screen on boot.

Hope this helps solve other peoples reported black screen.

Guest bennyhuang

I have a fresh install with 3/19 update. the android runs quite well. I just installed 'call light'. don't have 'set cpu'.

following is my steps of install:

1.manually install beta 2 to ext4 in my storage ( internal storage). You might need ubtun or linux.

2. before booting android, delete the folder 'system\lib', copy the folder 'system\lib' of KGP700's package to 'system\'. (You might need ubtun or linux.) this helps to install 2d/3d and libs, so you need not install 2d/3d libs again.

3.Then boot andoid first time.

4. install 3/3 update

5. install 3/8 update

6. install 3/19 update.

The most important: you might need set cpu per formance to High in WM before booting android, otherwise, you would experience freeze when the android starts.

hope this would help.

Edited by bennyhuang

Guest kgp700

camera preview working on my package ver3.1 (yesterday released on korea only)(added s3c-camera.ko)

without modified libcamera.so

but it's only working camera preview!

and working zoom

but not working correctly take picture

attached file -> omnia2 android taken picture

post-607710-1300675878_thumb.jpg

Edited by kgp700

Guest kgp700
unable to start wifi on the 2nd boot anyone experience it??

i'm experience unable to off wifi using lastest libertaspi.ko (13kb) module

using before libertaspi.ko module (17kb) -> nice working