Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

The patch for sleep problem don't work to me, the charge decrese rapidly and the phone stay a litle hot...

I have certain the devs will solve it soon, its very important.

BTW, congratulations by the awsome job, the O2 rebirth again, thanks a lot Almar, Sandor and other guys who make it possible.

Guest djsolidsnake86

yes, wifi signal icon doesnot work, and sometime happen that wifi can't be enabled, must restart android

also happen many times that recharging don't work

Edited by djsolidsnake86

Guest thew0lf
Thanks for the link to this tool. This is a easy way to delete the ext2 partition on uSD.

Does the install script in /o2beta detect the new 1gb unused space or wil it nibble another 1gb from FAT partition?

Actually, it does detect an existing ext2/3 partition, and wont create an other one. So if you want to format your ext2/3 partition and make a clean install, you can just launch the /o2beta/haret.exe and it will give you a fresh start ! Have been doing this a few times already. Very useful.

Still can't start ANDROID, Install HARET IN O2BETA was OK, Start HARET from root of My Storage was OK, but Phone stop with letter ANDROID. What thing I do wrong???

Guest FactionOne
The program should see it right away. Windows 7 64 bit. I never inserted the mircosd into a card reader though, I always did it through USB from the phone as mass storage (from windows mobile).

Thanks - Just set Mass Storage mode for the SD Card, and behaviour changes somewhat - the 'drive' shows in EPM now, but ~3760MB unformatted; doesn't show any paritions.

It has solved another mystery though... I had been connected to the phone via ActiveSync, and dropped a load of podcast MP3s onto the SD card; WinMo saw and played them fine, but Android didn't even see the folder. Now with Mass Storage mode set for the SD card and connected to the PC via USB, I find that the folder isn't accessible in Windows Explorer (even though it's there), but if I make a new one and drop the MP3s in, both WinMo and Android see and play the files.

I think I'm going to have a clear-out and reinstall again now to see how I get on...

Thanks again,

Rob.

Guest CalvinH

Hi!

Just wanted to say I have been trying Gen.Y DualBoot (from xda). It has been pretty cumbersome to have it run on my O2 (I don't know if its due to my WinMO been in spanish), as I have had to flip through the source and create several keys on the registry.

After all, I have disliked the way it works. I have to push the run after selecting Android, and before I am able to start android the phone is asking for my PIN (yeah, I know I can disable this).

Anyway, using dual boot isn't such a difference compared to waiting for WinMo to start and then selecting a shortcut. And considering I almost never reboot my phone...

By the way, I am leaving the phone on (on Android I mean, it's always on) overnight to see if the batery endures the test and the sleep is working. Will tell something tomorrow morning. Going to bed ;)

Regards.

Guest Jamievanm

Does what it says,

Just wifi turns on and says when searching: Can't search for wifi-networks.

And btw: is there away to use the g/3g ? Cause whats a phone without internet?!

Besides this, I must say it works remarkable smooth!!! Much faster Than winmo.

And the phonesignal does not always work.

B7610

1024 version

When it becomes a fully functional (2.2) version it probably will be the best job ever done.

Guest Rapid81
someone, after the patch of sleep, have a problem call interrupted after 50 seconds?

Me. I reported this as an issue on the author's page. Comment to it.

http://code.google.com/p/omnia2droid/issues/list

So, again. ;)

Because the youtube is deny this video in some countries, I uploaded it to Vimeo too.

Video overview about O2Droid - YouTube

Video overview about O2Droid - Vimeo (it waits to converting now, but will available soon)

The Vimeo video is on-the-fly!

Edited by Rapid81

Guest cicciosprint

This really is beyond my expectations... tried it briefly and, although I couldn't get out of the damn setup utility nor lock onto my WiFi network, well, this is GREAT!

Fast, stable, beautiful, oh and did I say fast? Yes I did, but WinMo looks like a damn snail to me right now.

Once Almar and Sandor fix the power state hiccup and add support to camera, sensors and other shenanigans, I think I will definitely just scrap WinMo altogether, even more so if Froyo is onboard!

Truly a great step forward for the Omnia II! Keep it up!

Guest stu_2k1

Just want to report after updating with freeze / sleep issue. also installing extra 3d drivers i have been using the phone for the past 3 hours without any major issues.

A very well done to Almar Sandor and PHJ. Hopefully now more people can help with ironing out the bugs.

Thanks again

Stu

Guest KATEHOK

I'm sorry for asking, but why is there no mapping for the Home button?

This image seems to have menu button, call, power off twice, back, search and volume up/down.

It's easy to get by without phone button (no real android phone has it anyway), without search button (like they do on i9000), without second power off button, but not without Home.

That's the worst bug in this beta, imho.

Guest aposhtol
The sleep mode is not working very well...

it don't wake up sometime

For me it works on random inputs: sometimes with "back" button pressed, sometimes on screen touch ...

Guest bobhero

started with a fresh format and all the beta files and updates, and I just played angry birds 1.35 for 2:15 hours until the game froze and had to force close. Phone didn't crash though ;)

also, this was on battery power the entire time, and i still have 22% remaining (started with near 90%).

started with a fresh format and all the beta files and updates, and I just played angry birds 1.35 for 2:15 hours until the game froze and had to force close. Phone didn't crash though ;)

also, this was on battery power the entire time, and i still have 22% remaining (started with near 90%).

Do you have any problem on sleep?

if not, i try to do a fresh format for android

Guest bobhero

yes, sometimes i have to press the lock button 3-4 times before the phone wakes up, but otherwise, no problems with sleep. I think the time is also being kept properly.

yes, sometimes i have to press the lock button 3-4 times before the phone wakes up, but otherwise, no problems with sleep. I think the time is also being kept properly.

you should try to use for about 1~2 hour

the clock then will be wrong