Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest aerovolce

updated to latest beta and applied driver. works like a boss. haven't crashed out yet (some scary moments though).

however when I boot, under the android logo I get:

we are sorry dumpstate_sys.log (some korean message)

*9900# to copy the log file

but then it continues to boot and works fine. When i typed that into the dialer I get "Connection problem or invalid MMI code"

Can anyone shed any light as to what is causing this?

My second problem is that it says the SD card is corrupted and needs to be formatted (in the notification bar). What should I do about this? What is the SD card anyway (which storage is it? MyStorage or the actual SD card?)

Thanks again dev! I'm like a little kid on Christmas day presently.

Guest FactionOne
however when I boot, under the android logo I get:

we are sorry dumpstate_sys.log (some korean message)

*9900# to copy the log file

but then it continues to boot and works fine. When i typed that into the dialer I get "Connection problem or invalid MMI code"

Can anyone shed any light as to what is causing this?

EDIT: The code is *#9900# btw (missing hash above), maybe try that and see if you get any joy in the menu?

I had that before a re-install, following the re-install it disappeared. I had some odd behaviour during reinstall (hangs on the second run of haret.exe (from root of 'My Storage') - pulling the battery and booting again it got to the GUI). After I got through that it seemed to be working pretty well (this time I'd put the new zImage in 'My Storage' before setup (although maybe that might've been causing the kernel wobbles during the second run of haret.exe?). Anyway, the GUI was running nice and quick, battery and time keeping looked good too.

I had a little difficulty getting the device to wake-up to the lock-screen So I got back-in, and Market was running where I left it. I browsed categories briefly, then hit the search button. Nothing happened. I waited, then the lights went out, and there was a wwwrrrrrrrr as the motor spun when the hadset rebooted. Back in to Android, and guess what, I've got that dumpstate_sys.log warning again ;) It gets to the GUI, and seems to work OK, but I'm counting the minutes.

For me at least, the new zImage is a lot quicker, but strangely perhaps a *little* less stable. I dunno.

I'm going to try to reinstall again now, putting the o2update.tar.gz in 'My Storage' - but leaving the old zImage in place. I'll let it do all its stuff on the second run of haret.exe, and get settled down into the GUI; give it a shutdown, THEN switch to the new zImage before going back in. You never know...

//R

EDIT 2 : I've not actually re-installed just yet. It seems to be working pretty well - occassionally I have to wait for an app/process, but very rarely. I've had no crashes so far. I've not tried disconnecting from mains, but certainly when charging there's no problem getting back from the lock screen. Will note what it's like once tested on battery power.

EDIT 3 : When I enter *#9900# into the dialler, I get a series of options. There are three which describe copying/moving/exporting (words to that effect) dump/log files to the SD card. I hit all three, and the warning message has disappeared. I guess I can delete the logs from the SD card (but I don't see that they're doing any harm.

Edited by FactionOne

Guest harrypotter222

I spent an hour to install/reformatting sd card, and keep getting blank screen when running haret.exe from my storage root, keep pressing WAIT, but seems to be freezing. I was using Kingston 16 Class 4 at that time.

Then I just switch to Kingston 8GB Class 6, and it works flawlessly, without having to press WAIT at all.

I get many freezes and I am sure I have corrupted my ext2, how do I run fsck?

i recomend that you reformat and reinstall or copy the files again to the partition

a check can end up in missing files ... the safest way ist reformat and reinstall.

remeber it's just a low-level beta ... later on ... you won't have such problems with a rom.

;)

anyway ... on a linuxbox you can read the manual about fsck.ext2

man fsck.ext2
the (linux)comandline will look like
fsck.ext2 -f -y /dev/path/to/your/device/partition

but this is only a example!!!

i don't know if there are any tools for windows exists - my only windows-device is my B7610 :)

Edited by mosci

Guest CalvinH

Well I've been sleeping for six hours and I guess the phone has done the same, because battery level has gone from 98 to 88%.

The only thing I have seen is that, as stated previously, sometimes I have to press several buttons to wake the phone up. But no hang ups, and call / wifi working perfectly.

Regards.

Guest Sunshineslo

After fresh reinstall and installing the sleep fix and 2d/3d drivers it works like charm! If BT would work I could start using it everyday.

Been using it for 3 hours: I made a call, talked about 25 minutes and I had no interruptions, Wi-Fi works and downloads fast, no more crashing,... :)

The problems that are still present:

- the phone gets very hot

- if it is not on charger, I have to push wake-up button couple times, to get it from sleep mode

When another version with all the fixes will be released, I will go Android 24/7 and just forgot winMo. So happy that I haven't given up on that project and sell my Omnia. I guess now will stick with the phone until dual-core beasts won't start selling ;)

Guest ASMARTTECHIE

====DOES CLASS OF MICRO SD MATTER ??====

Few users have reported class 6 micro sdhc to be better working for them

The thing is .. for me.. the android running is smooth and no freezes except some sort of lags in between which bring up the FORCE/WAIT popups.. wen i say WAIT.. in few seconds it is back to normal... this happens while using applications

So = Is it worth upgrading to a higher class micro sdhc- from 4 to 6 or 8 ???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, I found the wifi to be verrrryyy slow.. any solutions?

Thanks!

Guest Shadowlord666

Sleep doesn't seem to work here.

Had 60% when I went to bed and it drained down to zero during the night.

Also, Omnia II is still getting very warm.

Guest Sunshineslo
====DOES CLASS OF MICRO SD MATTER ??====

So = Is it worth upgrading to a higher class micro sdhc- from 4 to 6 or 8 ???

I have Kingston 8 GB Class 6 and it works without a problem!

Guest dgmorland
I have started the first haret.exe on the o2beta folder -> ok, no bugs..

Then i started the second haret.exe on the root.. its booting.. now i see the "android" logo.. how long does take the first boot? I wait since 3-4 minutes ;)

greetings

Dani

edit:

when i see the android animation it takes aber 20 sec then freeze the animation..? its a bug? or i do something wrong?

The same thing happens for me. Freezes about 20 seconds after the animated Android logo appears. Did you find out how to get past this?

Guest Benmlgn
The same thing happens for me. Freezes about 20 seconds after the animated Android logo appears. Did you find out how to get past this?

Could be a problem with your SD card... i had the same s***.. now i changed to another SD card and it works without freezes

Guest cls1976

Hi ALL,

this patch file,"o2bupdate.tar.gz" under My Storage always been deleted.

I have to copy over everytime before i run haret.exe.

is it same as yours???

Guest Dwarlor
Hi ALL,

this patch file,"o2bupdate.tar.gz" under My Storage always been deleted.

I have to copy over everytime before i run haret.exe.

is it same as yours???

It will be deleted after it has patched your system I believe. There's no need to copy it again...

Hope this helps.

Guest deadman1007

Can some of you that have wifi working full speed tell me what winmo rom are you using

I just can't escape the feeling that it's somehow connected, couse till now i had samsung jj1 stock and on first start android used to crash and restart 2-3 times

and than it would start but with lot of wait messages apearing.... now ii'm on speedfrog lite sense jj1 also but first android start was with no restarting and in an hour of using i may be hev 5-6 wait screens

Guest Dwarlor
To delete ext2 from Windows PC I use EASEUS Partition Master 6.5.2 Home Edition. It is freeware, and seems to work well. Then to format the micro SD I turn on mass storage in samsung settings, connect to PC and use the SD formatting tool 3.0 from sdcard.org. It uses FAT (not FAT32) and 32kb cluster sizes. I do quick format...

I get many freezes and I am sure I have corrupted my ext2, how do I run fsck?

EASEUS 6.5.3 sees the ext2 partion. Great tip ;) !

Also ("slightly" off topic...) I have my Main Storage on my laptop as mass storage, and Easeus sees a partition of 512 MB on it. This must be the ROM memory... Will I be able to enlarge this?

hey there! I've installed all the patches released 'til now. But have 2 issues:

-can't charge with android (it plays the sound like charger is plugged in but battery still drops down)

-I doesn't seem sleep is working couse when I leave it "sleeping" I have about a 5% discharge every 15-20min. (and when waking up I have to hold pressed unlock button till I see the "terminal" and then starts the unlock screen.)

everything else is working fine for me ;D

thanks!

Guest elbee72
can you guys walk me through installing usb driver for win xp? i followed the guide but still wont recognize the device.

I had same problem and switched to linux, no problems there.

Some people fixed it under windows, but could be hard.

After you manage to install USB driver (after 2 days of my hair pulling I successfully installed driver via New PC Studio on Win7 x64 in Vista SP1 compatibility mode) I've found this great GUI for adb:

QtADB

http://sourceforge.net/projects/qtadb/

P.S. Great job devs !!!

Guest TIEfighter

So, after playing with the most recent updates for the last few hours:

1. Sleep seems to work better than it did before, but waking up seems a little broken. Sometimes it wakes up right away, sometimes you have to press a sequence of hardware buttons.

2. Stability is good, i don´t get any freezes out of nowhere.

3. Battery life is still a little short, but I´m very pleased for the current state.

4. Marketplace works perfectly, i don´t have any download speed problems.

I will start some various tests now, including background calendar/facebook/email syncing without unlocking/awakening the phone, this could be interesting. I´ll tell you about it in an hour ;)