Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest Rapid81
Hey people who are having freezes and stuff...

make sure that in WinMo u have your CPU speed at HIGH

it worked for me

Actually, the WinMo settings not coherent in Android, because the WinMo wiped out from the memory when you start the Android. ;)

Guest Benmlgn
Actually, the WinMo settings not coherent in Android, because the WinMo wiped out from the memory when you start the Android. ;)

well i tried to boot android like 10 times, and it froze alot of times, i found out that my cpu speed was at low.. so i switched it to high and booted android again... now everythings hella fast and no freezes at all

dunno how then :)

Guest TIEfighter

If i have a problem that´s already postet at the code.google.com page, should i just star it or add a comment?

Guest Rapid81
If i have a problem that´s already postet at the code.google.com page, should i just star it or add a comment?

Don't start a new one, if it already exists. Add a comment about your experiences.

Guest elbee72
is there any way to run android from sd card only ,becouse my storage dissapeared from months after running the alfa version ?

some (hardcore) tips for recovery my storage: http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...-i-got-it-back/

if you have both fat and working ext2 android part on sd card, you can put haret.exe/zImage/default.txt on sd card and boot from there.

if android beta isn't installed yet, you have to install android manually (shrink fat on sd, make ext2, untar rootfs ...)

(also here)

Guest ASMARTTECHIE
So, after playing with the most recent updates for the last few hours:

1. Sleep seems to work better than it did before, but waking up seems a little broken. Sometimes it wakes up right away, sometimes you have to press a sequence of hardware buttons.

2. Stability is good, i don´t get any freezes out of nowhere.

3. Battery life is still a little short, but I´m very pleased for the current state.

4. Marketplace works perfectly, i don´t have any download speed problems.

I will start some various tests now, including background calendar/facebook/email syncing without unlocking/awakening the phone, this could be interesting. I´ll tell you about it in an hour ;)

Good to hear that!

but dunno wats wrong on my side? :-(( ..

if i m using some application like market or opera etc... or even the settings sometimes.. it give a sort of freeze for few seconds which gives the popup FORCE/WAIT .. after choosing WAIT, it gets back to normal in few seconds..

Which micro sdhc r u using? brand/capacity/class?

Did u manually create partion, did u make primary?

Wch rom r u using(does it make a difference if u have a full rom or lite rom?)

Thanxx

Guest Benmlgn

I don't know if this is asked before and couldn't find it so..

When i write a message, there's this auto text that's in chinese, can i delete it somehow? because in the settings if i turn off Auto Correct and all that stuff, it still appears

Guest FactionOne

Just a little update...

Been running with the new zImage for a little while. It's definitely quicker than the initial version. Stability is also pretty good... I've had one freeze in the past 5 hours (approx) which needed the battery to be pulled.

The only other thing worth noting is that I found WiFi in Market and 'guardian anywhere' was a little on the slow side, but not too bad. I was listening to MP3 audio in Zimly player while the guardian app downloaded data, and noticed I'm more likely to get 'Force Close / Wait' prompts if Market/guardian anywhere are busy with the WiFi.

Overall, I'm amazed! Thanks again devs!

//R

Edited by FactionOne

Guest Rapid81
androids working nice and fast but now my storage is missing and only sd card is showing. any idea?

The My Storage under Android is named simple "storage". ;)

I don't know if this is asked before and couldn't find it so..

When i write a message, there's this auto text that's in chinese, can i delete it somehow? because in the settings if i turn off Auto Correct and all that stuff, it still appears

Tap on the "Eng" button before starts typing.

Edited by Rapid81

Guest Rapid81
ye i noticed that, but having to do that all the time :)

anyway thanks

I did not found any other solution yet, so... ;)

PS: Please rate this topic, because it has 3 stars and I think it deserves lot more. Maybe 6 from 5. :D

Edited by Rapid81

Guest TIEfighter

So, I´ve extensively tested sleep mode with background syncing etc. now, and I have to say, it´s not really working yet. Here´s what i found out about it after 3 hours of use, interrupted with long pauses to test sleep mode.

1. Battery life seems better with the new zimage, but the time is still going too fast. i´ve corrected the time at 13:00, and now it´s already about 3-5 minutes ahead again.

2. getting out of sleep mode is strange, with my best way of doing it being: Press Standby-Button, wait a second and then press "hang up"-button.

3. I´m not sure if background syncing works either, cause I didn´t get any new emails or facebook updates. Maybe the sync processes cannot wake up the processor, and if it can, maybe it doesn´t go to sleep afterwards, which could explain the time problem.

So I guess Sleep is not really working now. Maybe I´ll file a bug or add a comment at the code site. Anyone else sharing my experience?