Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest Sunshineslo
I did not found any other solution yet, so... ;)

Just find and install different keyboard from the market and chinese input won't bother you again :)

Guest TIEfighter
I did not found any other solution yet, so... ;)

Change the default keyboard to android keyboard :) Just tap&hold that yellow icon in the bottom left part of the screen, choose imput method and choose android keyboard

Guest Benmlgn
Change the default keyboard to android keyboard ;) Just tap&hold that yellow icon in the bottom left part of the screen, choose imput method and choose android keyboard

wow thanks man that really helps

Actually, the WinMo settings not coherent in Android, because the WinMo wiped out from the memory when you start the Android. :)

I Think I have to disagree - I follow your logic, but I share Benmlgns experience:

had performance set to low in WM -> android would freeze like 20 sec after booting (or even during booting)

set my performance to high in WM -> no freezes so far ;)

so: everyone having problems ith freezes try adjusting their performance settings in WM

THANK YOU for the tip Benmlgn!! and once again - thanks to devs!

Guest Benmlgn
I Think I have to disagree - I follow your logic, but I share Benmlgns experience:

had performance set to low in WM -> android would freeze like 20 sec after booting (or even during booting)

so: everyone having problems ith freezes try adjusting their performance settings in WM

Ye thank you devs! forgot to mention that lol

Guest Rapid81

Maybe. :) But I have the CPU on AUTO and the Android did not freeze at all from the very beginning.

Anyway, If someone has freezes, then it's worth a shot. :D

Edited by Rapid81

Guest Dwarlor
Change the default keyboard to android keyboard ;) Just tap&hold that yellow icon in the bottom left part of the screen, choose imput method and choose android keyboard

Hmmm, I thought I'd give it a try, but it seems I have no keyboard at all!

Any suggestions?

EDIT: And it crashed afterwards...

Edited by Dwarlor

Guest Benmlgn
Maybe. ;) But I have the CPU on AUTO and the Android did not freeze at all from the very beginning.

Anyway, If someone has freezes, then it's worth a shot. :)

Well. it was known that Auto and High didn't have much difference on the WinMo too so i guess if you have it on High or Auto it works good.

btw, How can i install Youtube? can't seem to find it in market

Guest FactionOne

I've still not figured out a way to get a 'home' button. Using 'back' only a problem when the browser is open, because you have to navigate backwards until it minimises.

Anyone figured out a workaround?

I'm grateful for any suggestions..

Cheers,

Rob

Edited by FactionOne

The My Storage under Android is named simple "storage". ;)

i saw that before but now, nothing is showing. i can see the sd card but when i tap the home button its empty.

Guest nanshang

The process com.andriod.phone has stopped unexpectedly. please try it again.everytime it will turn up my i8000 .again and again.what can i do. sorry for my poor english .i am in china.

Guest elbee72
The process com.andriod.phone has stopped unexpectedly. please try it again.everytime it will turn up my i8000 .again and again.what can i do. sorry for my poor english .i am in china.

Do you have a b7610 or i8000?

Does phone in Android never works for you or sometimes?

Are you using last version with 2d/3d update?

Guest nanshang

myb7 and my friend‘si8000 have the same question.maybe we use last version with 2d/3d update.i not sure the 2d/3d updat wroking.

Guest kydkylin

Same here.I've already reported it in the project issues.2d/3d update files and sleep fix haved already been patched with, but the error is still there.

Edited by kydkylin

Guest Benmlgn
myb7 and my friend‘si8000 have the same question.maybe we use last version with 2d/3d update.i not sure the 2d/3d updat wroking.

start from scratch, make sure u did everything, if that doesnt work check the cpu speed of the i8000(not sure about the other one) it should be on high or auto.

if that doesnt work i think u need a faster sd card, i had the same problem

Guest FactionOne
Anyone else sharing my experience?

That sounds like the situation here.

1) New zImage quicker, better on battery; but the clock is still running a little fast.

2) On battery, waking to the lock screen can be difficult. Pressing the lock/power button, the back button and the end call button in random combinations will wake it. When playing audio with Zimly it wakes up first time, but of course it's not a deep sleep when audio playing in background.

3) Will check with Twitter.

All the best,

Rob

Guest elbee72
start from scratch, make sure u did everything, if that doesnt work check the cpu speed of the i8000(not sure about the other one) it should be on high or auto.

if that doesnt work i think u need a faster sd card, i had the same problem

had? as in not anymore after those changes?

PS: pse be clear on when something happens all the time (proces crash) or sometimes

Guest djsolidsnake86
That sounds like the situation here.

1) New zImage quicker, better on battery; but the clock is still running a little fast.

2) On battery, waking to the lock screen can be difficult. Pressing the lock/power button, the back button and the end call button in random combinations will wake it. When playing audio with Zimly it wakes up first time, but of course it's not a deep sleep when audio playing in background.

3) Will check with Twitter.

All the best,

Rob

happen also that the screen wan't awake, also pressing only end call button always

Guest djsolidsnake86

someone experienced that many times is impossible enable wifi? (it say unable to start wlan)

must restart the phone for enable it

Edited by djsolidsnake86

Guest actionboyCZ
Sorry for the question, how can i turn off my phone when i'm using Android? the right button doesn't work...

Read the topic! Hold lock button, then choose power off. ;)