Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest urkopi
i'm using beta 2 default... my SDCard was shown in explorer with the content but sd & phone storage shows unavailable. figuring out why..

The same here!

Please help US!

Regards!

Guest ashburn
have you tried the 0319-zimage,it works well for me with any version

tried it already. its not working the setting still shows unavailable.

Edited by ashburn

Guest urkopi
have you tried the 0319-zimage,it works well for me with any version

andylau thanks but not working!:)

Root Explorer tells the same "The SD card is not currently mounted" and in Settings -> Sd card &... -> Total space and Available space -> Unavailable

Please help us, and thanks andylau!

Regards!

EDIT: For either case, MicroSD Verbatim Class 4, 4 GB!

Edited by urkopi

Guest alabama20

Everyone who is experiencing sod (sleep of death) problems install android to my storage on ext4 partition. My droid is working now 18 hours without errors and without sod :) Ow and about power consumption: 18 hours (i started from 83% and now 44%)

Edited by alabama20

Guest bumar2000
Everyone who is experiencing sod (sleep of death) problems install android to my storage on ext4 partition. My droid is working now 18 hours without errors and without sod :) Ow and about power consumption: 18 hours (i started from 83% and now 44%)

How to make ext4 partition? Can you give us command, thx

Guest andylau
andylau thanks but not working!:)

Root Explorer tells the same "The SD card is not currently mounted" and in Settings -> Sd card &... -> Total space and Available space -> Unavailable

Please help us, and thanks andylau!

Regards!

EDIT: For either case, MicroSD Verbatim Class 4, 4 GB!

maybe your Partition table has been damaged,did your phone read sdcard before?

and now i use the iso ( both root and data ) version,with the 0319-zimage of dev's it works well,you can have a try,its relatively stable and fast ,and with misha's modules ,the battery works better than before (about 1% an hour from full charge )

if it still cant read the sdcard,you can try about sd2flash,which can provide a virtual sdcard(part from the phone storage ) for using

regards and sorry for english

SD2Flash.zip

Guest Extremegmx

I don't think so, I have also android installed to my storage on ext4 partition but however, I experienced SoD's but with set cpu I solved the problem(testing it now for 8h) :)

Guest alabama20
I don't think so, I have also android installed to my storage on ext4 partition but however, I experienced SoD's but with set cpu I solved the problem(testing it now for 8h) :)

I use only callight and nothing else... I don't need setcpu or mylock guard :)

And i use zImage from this update : http://www.mediafire.com/?xzxg3kk5apt7c1j to manage ext4 partition work with kernel (only zImage is used and i DON'T istalled the update :) )

And i use this "all in one" pack with szemisun driver's preinstalled:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=35BMD60E (This doesn't includes the sensor update because they caused many problems i think)

Edited by alabama20

Guest Odysseas07
maybe your Partition table has been damaged,did your phone read sdcard before?

and now i use the iso ( both root and data ) version,with the 0319-zimage of dev's it works well,you can have a try,its relatively stable and fast ,and with misha's modules ,the battery works better than before (about 1% an hour from full charge )

if it still cant read the sdcard,you can try about sd2flash,which can provide a virtual sdcard(part from the phone storage ) for using

regards and sorry for english

thank you you are my hero

i have install the sd2flash

i open it and press the sdflash button

then ......

i can see my sd cardddddddddddddddddddd , i can see it and on ROOT EXPLORER

thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

EDITTTTTT:

I install it and i go to Root Explorer and i can see my REAL SD CARD i can see all my files and folders of SD CARD

Then i reboot my device and then i can see that i have SDCARD but THE VIRTUAL .

Unistall the SD2FLASH

reboot and install it again .

Then i can see my REAL SDCARD

Edited by Odysseas07

Guest andylau
thank you you are my hero

i have install the sd2flash

i open it and press the sdflash button

then ......

i can see my sd cardddddddddddddddddddd , i can see it and on ROOT EXPLORER

thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

EDITTTTTT:

I install it and i go to Root Explorer and i can see my REAL SD CARD i can see all my files and folders of SD CARD

Then i reboot my device and then i can see that i have SDCARD but THE VIRTUAL .

Unistall the SD2FLASH

reboot and install it again .

Then i can see my REAL SDCARD

:) ,congratulations!!!what a strange !!!

Guest Extremegmx
I use only callight and nothing else... I don't need setcpu or mylock guard :)

And i use zImage from this update : http://www.mediafire.com/?xzxg3kk5apt7c1j to manage ext4 partition work with kernel (only zImage is used and i DON'T istalled the update :) )

And i use this "all in one" pack with szemisun driver's preinstalled:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=35BMD60E (This doesn't includes the sensor update because they caused many problems i think)

Thanks, I will try your method as soon as I will occur some problems. :)

Guest mishatir
i have changed init.rc as you said below,but it still cant read the sdcard

i use the data.iso and root.iso version,what about yours

post-700111-1302957499_thumb.png

check filesystem SD

(vfat - no ntfs)

Guest Odysseas07
:) ,congratulations!!!what a strange !!!

AND I HAVE FOUND WHAT WE HAVE TO DO FOR THE VIRTUAL AND REAL SDCARD CHANGE

1st install the SD2FLASH

2 open it and press the SD2FLASH button

3 Go to ROOT EXPLORER and see if the sdcard is the REAL ( SEE IF IT HAS YOUR FILES)

4 if it has REBOOT the android

5 Start android again and go on ROOT EXPLORER AND SEE IF IT HAS THE REAL OR THE VIRTUAL SDCARD ( I AM SURE THAT HAS THE VIRTUAL)

6 GO to settings SD card & phone storage ( you can see that you have SD Card but it only 100 - 150 mb

7 click on unmount SD card

8 go and pull out your SD card and insert it again

maybe saw you an force close its ok press force close

now go to root explorer and see the SD CARD ..... ITS THE REAL ONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

i hope to understand meeeeeeeeeeee

WHIT this you dont have to install and uninstall the SD2Flash you can mount and unmount your SD card and everything is ok

WARNING ITS ONLY WORKING WITH 0309 ZIMAGE

Edited by Odysseas07

Guest Namar
I have these errors when I start o2beta/haret.exe on my omnia 2 :

Can you help me ?

@Damien

When nobody responds to your post it is likely that those who must have read your post don't know what you are asking or they feel it is not necessary. I wish I could be of help to you but I cannot because I cannot get Android to work well on my Omnia II either. Goodluck! A Bientot!

Guest erikcas
I have these errors when I start o2beta/haret.exe on my omnia 2 :

Can you help me ?

Damien,

are you able to check if your SD card contain only 1 partition? If it has more, please repartition to just 1 partition on fat32 and try to install again by running o2beta/haret.exe

good luck

grtz Erik

Guest alexovy

you will get SOD and freezes, don't worry :)

Guest urkopi
AND I HAVE FOUND WHAT WE HAVE TO DO FOR THE VIRTUAL AND REAL SDCARD CHANGE

1st install the SD2FLASH

2 open it and press the SD2FLASH button

3 Go to ROOT EXPLORER and see if the sdcard is the REAL ( SEE IF IT HAS YOUR FILES)

4 if it has REBOOT the android

5 Start android again and go on ROOT EXPLORER AND SEE IF IT HAS THE REAL OR THE VIRTUAL SDCARD ( I AM SURE THAT HAS THE VIRTUAL)

6 GO to settings SD card & phone storage ( you can see that you have SD Card but it only 100 - 150 mb

7 click on unmount SD card

8 go and pull out your SD card and insert it again

maybe saw you an force close its ok press force close

now go to root explorer and see the SD CARD ..... ITS THE REAL ONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

i hope to understand meeeeeeeeeeee

WHIT this you dont have to install and uninstall the SD2Flash you can mount and unmount your SD card and everything is ok

WARNING ITS ONLY WORKING WITH 0309 ZIMAGE

Okey, and one question... I have to do this every boot with Android or if I do this at ones, I don't have to do it!?

Thankkks!