Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest harrypotter222

The clock is running faster on mine as well.

So I guess Sleep is not really working now. Maybe I´ll file a bug or add a comment at the code site. Anyone else sharing my experience?

Guest elbee72

• When logging issue pse add logcat/dmesg messages (you can read these with eolwral's "OS Monitor" from market or install .apk from
website)

Guest givesoft

Does anyone know how to align the touch screen in android? my O2 touch screen doesn't work in right position (it work fine in WM). My touch screen panel had replaced before, don't know the replacementi s original Samsung parts or not. Does anyone has the same problem? Sorry for my bad English

Guest jimvit1
good news!

this thread has been locked for a long time, now it's time for you guys to write something. don't be afraid ;)

I'm very impressed on the results of all your hard work in porting the android to the OmniaII. I have been following your your progress since the start of the project and am now hopeing some day to see it working on the CDMA i920 phones.

Good Work Guys.

Guest darkworldzz

hmm it seems to freeze often even with the 2d/3d drivers.. i have reformatted my card numerous times.. and i realize that accessing the market will induce this freezing. it seems to freeze when i access the widgets downloads page.. but seeing from rapid's vid, accessing the widgets page seems to be fine.. maybe i will try to unpack it into the img myself..

how to launch launcher pro ??

download + install from market then restart device..

or go to menu -> clock -> the house button on the right side and choose launcher pro

Edited by omgeee

Guest kissjoe
I've still not figured out a way to get a 'home' button. Using 'back' only a problem when the browser is open, because you have to navigate backwards until it minimises.

Anyone figured out a workaround?

I'm grateful for any suggestions..

Cheers,

Rob

I had similar problem after logging onto the work internal wifi network. It downloaded a certificate asked to log in to the network and without a functional "home" button i was unable to close the browser, thus it always reloaded (after pressing / holding the CAM button) the sign up screen of our network.

Finally i found a nice application called Advanced task killer on marketplace. It is able to force close any application thus it has an icon in the top menu. Try this one till we dont get a working home button.

Did anybody face to a SIM loading problem? Correct me if i am wrong but after powering on the phone should ask automatically for the SIM code -to be entered. This not happens in my case. After putting the phone into airplane mode and back again sometimes it asks for the SIM code, but not every time. And even if the SIM is loaded the phone does can not see the contacts in it som i am unable to copy the into the phone.

Guest jtjagan

Been using it almost the whole day. Rebooted just once because could not start wifi. Other than wi-fi draining a lot of battery and clock running faster, this build makes my winmo build almost redundant.

Couple of questions:

1) If you install 1GB version, does it mean more space for apps?: i.e device memory seen by Android. I installed the 512MB and I only have about 184MB left.

2) How do you get the music player and picture viewer to automatically detect stuff in My Storage?

Couple of possible issues:

1) In winmo samsung setting, if you set USB mode to mass storage and select My Storage; Android boots ok but hangs at the lock screen

2) Battery level in Android doesnt match Winmo, it shows lower value. So it is possible to overcharge the battery if charging in Android mode?

Guest gauravv
download + install from market then restart device..

or go to menu -> clock -> the house button on the right side and choose launcher pro

thanks...it worked.....and angry birds is great game.....tell me some cool apps or games to install....but i have to do it through pc...as wifi doesnt wrk on my device

ok ... i've managed a connection between my B7610 and my Liuxbox via adb

if i can provide the developers with some information regarding keymapping,hradware or anything else

just let me know what i have to do.

(i'm not so experienced with android but very well with linx)

Guest aposhtol
hmm it seems to freeze often even with the 2d/3d drivers.. i have reformatted my card numerous times.. and i realize that accessing the market will induce this freezing. it seems to freeze when i access the widgets downloads page.. but seeing from rapid's vid, accessing the widgets page seems to be fine.. maybe i will try to unpack it into the img myself..

Besides the major issue of call drop, I've noticed that the phone freezes at random ONLY when not connected to GSM network (airplane mode).

Guest elbee72
ok ... i've managed a connection between my B7610 and my Liuxbox via adb

if i can provide the developers with some information regarding keymapping,hradware or anything else

just let me know what i have to do.

(i'm not so experienced with android but very well with linx)

http://source.android.com/porting/keymaps_...oard_input.html is a good place to read up into android inputhandling

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=837002 is about the same thing for g2

You probably need to make/edit .kl file and make a binairy of it. To edit the .kl file you need the scancodes of the keys

you can get scancodes from:

* logcat (as command from adb shell or ddms gui)

* haret run in winmo as hardware listener

* a special written program (https://github.com/aglasgall/g2-keymap) you can (cross)compile for android

Almar has to write a driver as well, but the scancodes are needed anyway.

what keys work at the moment and what keys don't?

pse pm me if you want to discuss some more

Guest rumucor
Can anyone tell me why is this so slow? (especially downloading or browsing)

I have kingston 8gb class 2

Mi android go fast, but its true that the browser, market and downloads go so slow. I dont know why, because with the same conexion in winmo, opera and marketplace go fast, and the people say here that the market go fast. Why this diference? Everybody have the same hardware and software

Although I use the new kernel (zImage), I have big problems with the battery yet! I have problems with the WiFi too, when it's enable, my O2 is heated on the part of the camera!

... How can I solve it?

... Where can I download the youtube application?

Thanks

Edited by urkopi

Guest drwakey

If anyones tough enough, he can try this ones (type it in the dialpad):

* # 06 # Show IMEI number

* # 0 * # LCD Test Menu Thanks to Mr Fatjay, who posted the code

* # * # 4636 # * # * user statistics and Phone Info

Here you can inter alia see which apps / functions here as long as you use and get information about CPU, network, GPS, sensor and battery usage over

* # 0782 # Reads the real time clock (RTC) and displays this

* # 0011 # Displays status information for the GSM

* # 1234 # Displays the PDA, PHONE and CSC versions

* # 9090 # Service-Mode UART / USB

* # * # 197328640 # * # * service mode debug, network audio, thanks to Common every17

* # 7465625 # Here you can set your network and Subnetlock, Simlook, service providers and corporate Lock

* # 2263 # Here you can choose which network to use, or band?

232 337 # * # Displays the Bluetooth address

* # * # * # * # 232 331 Bluetooth test

232 338 * # * # # * # * Display the WLAN MAC address

* # * # 1472365 # * # * GPS test and settings!

* # * # 2663 # * # * Touchscreen Firmewareversion

* # * # 2664 # * # * Touch Screen Test

* # * # 0588 # * # * proximity sensor (proximity) test

* # * # 3264 # * # * RAM Version

* # 0842 # Vibration test

* # 0228 # Displays information about the exporting Barreriestatus

* # 0673 # audio test menu

* # * # 8255 # * # * GTalk Service Monitor

* 2767 * 3855 # HARD RESET - Resets the device to factory settings, device is formatted

* # * # 7780 # * # * Factory data reset - Clears Google-account data, system and program settings and installed programs. system will not be deleted, and OEM programs, as well as My Documents (pictures, music, videos)

Adds:

nice you can add "*#7284#" to the list wich allows us to connect our phone as a PDA device

* # 1111 # - Show software version

* # 1234 # - Display firmware version

* # 2222 # - Display hardware version

They are for the Galaxy S, but all i tried worked so far.

Usage at OWN RISK!!

Edit: Strange, yesterday charging did'nt work, today it does o_O

Edited by drwakey

Guest Dario93

Hi everyone, I have a B7610 and I have a problem with mobile network (GSM). I can search for mobile networks but I can't sign into my network (vodafone IT),so no GSM (And no phone/messages). Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: Just formatted ext2 partition and restarted all from scracth,now GSM is working ;)

Edited by Dario93