Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest saqeeb
I am facing the exact same problem. (init: /init.rc: 280: user option requires a user id)

Did you find a solution.

Anyone Please

Anyone has a solution please

Thank you

Guest tjeerdos
some chip reset/enable pins are mapped different on I8000 and B7610 and are not patched yet.

patched beta3 kernel for B7610 can be downloaded from here when ready.

you could patch it yourself, just patch this on new kernel like it was patched here on old kernel.

more info on B7610 patching on this thread.

i am sorry man. i just have no idea what to do or where to start with this.

any idea when you or eric will start with this?

greets tjeerdos.

Shut up you SGS lucky bastard! :( Are u get your SGS? :)

:huh: OK! But only some little words. My SGS comes tomorrow I guess. I'm very happy for this, but too very happy for yours. Because Froyo is here! I did dream a lot with this moment but unhappily for me it doesn't matter more. I need to flash my O2 with a very boring stock carrier ROM to sell it. :)

Probably I will leave this thread, I must learn about my new phone in others foruns, but I want to wish much happiness for all of you guys and thanks very much to devs who made this dream a reality for thousands.

I see you all soon in some new forum, with some new cell, but with this same joy and human warmth. Embraces! :)

Edited by slmz

Guest Leeds
Awesome news! :)

Too bad my SD is only 1gb..

Is there any chance of a 512mb version?

Or is there any way to change beta3 from 1024mb to 512mb?

Thanks

Anyone? :)

I really wanted to use SD instead of My Storage so any help is welcome guys, thanks

Guest tjeerdos
:) OK! But only some little words. My SGS comes tomorrow I guess. I'm very happy for yours. I did dream a lot with this moment but unhappily for me it doesn't matter more. I need to flash my O2 with a very boring stock carrier ROM to sell it. :(

Probably I will leave that threads, I must learn about my new phone in others foruns but I want to wish much happiness for all of you guys and thanks very much to devs who made this dream a reality for thousands.

I see you all soon in some new forum with new cell with this same joy and human warmth. Embraces! :)

goodluck and have fun with your sgs

Guest Sinistersky

i managed to cook a custom black notification bar... and if i change framework-res.apk i get some errors...should i modify anything else ?

why didnt you just wait for the SGSII?

Because, how we say in Brazil "That's too much sand for my truck", I have not too money, probably I will buy SGS2 when SGS3 has coming. :)

And besides I have plenty to do even in S2, Thanks for tips! :)

@ tjeerdos  >>>		  goodluck and have fun with your sgs

Thanks a lot, good luck for you too!

Edited by slmz

Guest problematika
:( OK! But only some little words. My SGS comes tomorrow I guess. I'm very happy for this, but too very happy for yours. Because Froyo is here! I did dream a lot with this moment but unhappily for me it doesn't matter more. I need to flash my O2 with a very boring stock carrier ROM to sell it. :)

Probably I will leave this thread, I must learn about my new phone in others foruns, but I want to wish much happiness for all of you guys and thanks very much to devs who made this dream a reality for thousands.

I see you all soon in some new forum, with some new cell, but with this same joy and human warmth. Embraces! :)

I will see you somewhere on some forum for sure, but when SGS II come out..! :) Till that day, enjoy in your fancy, smart "little" toy! :huh: Cheers!

I will see you somewhere on some forum for sure, but when SGS II come out..! :) Till that day, enjoy in your fancy, smart "little" toy! :) Cheers!

Ok! God hears you. Thanks and good luck with Froyo!

Edited by slmz

Guest Gesichtsgandalf
Anyone? :)

I really wanted to use SD instead of My Storage so any help is welcome guys, thanks

You really are that stupid, arent you? 1 Gb = 1024 MB :)

Guest mihai_mihai

he is not that stupid, 1GB version of android can't be installed on 1GB card

Guest quato7906
So just to put .iso file in my storage and run haret? Like misha's iso? :) If so, that would be great!

Yes,use the settings used with mishtair's package,replace the fs.iso only,put it into /iso folder and start haret.

The file fs.iso muust be in \My Storage\iso folder,next to other files,you must put the new zImage from main development page

Guest jammerlee711

is it normal it stays at request_suspend_state:wakeup (0->0) etc. and a new line of the same request_suspend _state pop up every 5 seconds??

Guest Leeds

Seriously? I can't believe you took the trouble of writing your first post here only to insult me.. :)

Of course I know 1gb = 1024mb, but incase you don't know (which you most likely don't..) any SD, doesn't show exactly the amount of space they say..

That's because Memory Card manufacturers define a gigabyte as 1,000,000,000 bytes, where OS makers define it as 1024mb (about 1073 million bytes).

So, for instance, while a 4gb card's capacity is 4 billion bytes, the OS interprets this as being roughly 3.8 - 3.9gb..

The same applies to 1gb sd cards, you will only get about 900mb on them..

Next time make sure you did your homework before insulting people and jumping into conclusions..

Edited by Leeds

Guest llaa51
After extracting the file to ext4.tar.gz ext4 partition. Extract o2b3update.tar.gz to get resolved the problem with the sdcard and market.

Sorry for my English

o2b3update.tar.gz

hi, for those who are still having trouble installing/market not working, here is a method that worked for me:

1) create an ext4 partition in mystorage and copy contents of ext4.tar.gz to the ext4 partition.

2)manually extract out 2d/3d drivers.

3) change line in startup.txt to Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 init=/init"

4) boot, sign in to youtube then power off

5) put the above o2b3update.tar.gz in mystorage

6) start android, run market and dl necessary apps that u need ^^ i reccomend dl'ing skyfire (to view videos at video streaming websites)

Edited by llaa51

Guest quato7906
||||||||||......Downloading

anyone able to get it works?

how u install it ?

For all who are tired of using Ubuntu,to make My Storage installation,do this:

1.First download this and unrar it to the root of My Storage as is.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LMDVA130

2.make sure you have at least 1,2 GB free space on My Storage and copy the file fs.iso from here to the \iso folder.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5LAOKBYI

3.start haret.exe from the root of My Storage & enjoy the new Froyo.

rooth.th.jpg

The 3d drivers are inside,also calllight and task manager.iso file is 1,1 GB now for more apk installation space :),also trick: when you istall some apk's ,just copy the fs.iso file to your hard drive to have a backup if anything goes wrong,just copy the file back to iso folder :).

Once again many thanks to all developers who are making this great work for us.Regards.

http://o2droid.phj.hu/index_en.php

Guest contable
For all who are tired of using Ubuntu,to make My Storage installation,do this:

1.First download this and unrar it to the root of My Storage as is.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LMDVA130

2.make sure you have at least 1,2 GB free space on My Storage and copy the file fs.iso from here to the \iso folder.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5LAOKBYI

3.start haret.exe from the root of My Storage & enjoy the new Froyo.

rooth.th.jpg

The 3d drivers are inside,also calllight and task manager.iso file is 1,1 GB now for more apk installation space :),also trick: when you istall some apk's ,just copy the fs.iso file to your hard drive to have a backup if anything goes wrong,just copy the file back to iso folder :).

Once again many thanks to all developers who are making this great work for us.Regards.

http://o2droid.phj.hu/index_en.php

Are you still uploading or am I too late ?

In second case please post new links... Thanks in advance.

Guest rom_omnia2
is it normal it stays at request_suspend_state:wakeup (0->0) etc. and a new line of the same request_suspend _state pop up every 5 seconds??

Same problem, tried three differents 3D drivers, but still don't work.

I'll try the iso image above.

Guest contable

Newbie, you shouldn´t start posting here in that way.:)

The moderation team can warn users or suspend their accounts if they don´t follow the forum rules....

I suggest to read and follow the forum rules.

Guest 92omnia92

Hi, I resolve my problem and i've boot froyo. All works, many thanks to dev.

One question, why angry birds not working? when I install it, give me an error that can't install.

sorry for my english