Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest harrypotter222
quadrant score is great!

CPU: 1443

Memory: 299

I/O:1151

2D:120

3D:94

Total:592

watch the cpu score!

Linpack score of 8,907!

Sick scores for a beta!

Here is mine with wifi on

CPU 1372

Memory 299

I/O 936

2D 122

3D 91

Guest mat9v
well .. seems that WinMo is just fine to me .. until solved .. so long Android :) :( ..

Are U sure that you replaced all files in beta2 directory? Because the new installer creates ext4 filesystem. I installed android 3 times today and every time it created ext4 and disabled journaling for it.

On the first install I could not sign in with gmail (could not establish reliable connection error), both on WiFi and 3G, on the second one I tried Youtube method but while contacts and calendar were downloaded Market would not work. Then on the third try just after Android welcome screen was displayed I restarted the phone (without even trying to sign in) then after restart I had no problem with connecting to Google and the market works. Downloading apps works as well but for some reason is painfully slow. Will leave the phone for the night plugged in - maybe those apps will be installed in the morning :)

Guest osmington
can somebody post the right way to install froyo cos i tried this 3 or 4 time and i couldnt do it right...

try the way from "quato7906" i have used his method for 2.1 & 2.2 , both work perfect except for market in 2.2

Guest klevis21
try the way from "quato7906" i have used his method for 2.1 & 2.2 , both work perfect except for market in 2.2

already tried that but i get kernel panic when i try to boot...

Guest n4m3less
already tried that but i get kernel panic when i try to boot...

you have ONLY 1 partition on my storage (for .iso version)

Edited by n4m3less

Guest osmington

i have only 1 partition in "my storage" , format SD card FAT32. i have followed the instructions and files from "quato7906" and everything works for me.

Guest klevis21
i have only 1 partition in "my storage" , format SD card FAT32. i have followed the instructions and files from "quato7906" and everything works for me.

what partition did you have in 'my storage'?

Guest dante88
I had that too. I did few things to resolve it but I think it went away when I did it like this:

1. clear all partitions

2. created one primary partition taking all free space

3. formatted it to fat32 (using minitool partition wizard)

4. reset phone and set USB to Active Sync

5. started android install

6. after restart put o2b3update.tar.gz with 3d drivers (the first one posted for beta3)

it just worked, hope someone find it helpful....

Can you put the 3d drivers link please??

the time it doesnt change on the right upper screen !!!!

What i can do for this ????

toggle the 24-hour format option would get the time ticking again.

It is probably a minor bug that cause the display to not refreshed.

Guest Pete B
Have install froyo with ubuntu in MyStorage... All finished but in one hours 2 SOD's... Da.....

Same here with my storage install. Everything that is meant to work, including sdcard, all works well and quite speedy but......... not waking up is the thing that stopped me using beta 2 as a daily. Worst yet is the sms's and missed calls go into cyber space when this happens and not just simply diverting to message bank.

I was excited to see Froyo, thinking the sleep of deaths would disappear.

I would install to sdcard but unfortunately I think the the fat "my storage" partition being k0p1 instead of the original k0p5 stops it from installing. I wish I knew how to change "my storage" partitions to match the original apart from doing a hard reset which I will not do until Android is proven to be stable.

Can anyone give any details on exactly how to change either the partition table for my storage or the installer to know the correct my storage partitions? Do I just add unallocated partitions before so Ubuntu sees the fat as the 5th partition?

Guest jammerlee711
"request_suspend_state:wakeup (0->0)"

Also having this problem :)

hey try dl the o2d3update on the pg293...after putting it under my storage...mine works =)

Edited by jammerlee711

Guest andylau

say something here about android2.2 on omnia2,

1.the time in taskbar isnt correct(but you can solve it with post 5820 or just wait for about 2hours then it will be correct)

2.sometimes the wifi can connect successfully but the browser cant open any website

3.the apps seems cant be installed in sdcard?and the flash player 10.1 cant be inatalled

4.some features in the camera cant be switch to,such as macro mode,white balance and the flashlight(its strange i remreber that i can switch to the macro and change white balance the first time )

5.very stable (i have no sod or freeze utill now)and the power consumption is good enough (almost 1 hr decrease by 1%)

great thanks to the developers and i will support all the time

ps:why dont we make a new thread for froyo,this one is tooooooo long!!!

Guest jammerlee711

i got mine worked but it turns out quite slow...is it the problem with my class 4 SD card

and my sd card gets hot especially when i'm loading the photos....and MARKET is NOT working !

hey, i installed the new o2d3update from page 293 and froyo now run smoothly on my phone...woohoo!!

PS:market is still not working..and the accelerator won't change back to portrait once i tilt it to landscape mode

Edited by jammerlee711

Can anyone give any details on exactly how to change either the partition table for my storage or the installer to know the correct my storage partitions? Do I just add unallocated partitions before so Ubuntu sees the fat as the 5th partition?

Backup your data

Delete existing partitions

Recreate as follow

. Extended partition say 4gb

Within the extended partition

. create logical partition fat32 - 2gb

. create logical partition ext4 - 2gb

This will hopefully give you back the correct device 5 for fat, and dev 6 for ext4

Guest kgp700

i'm successful boot froyo with eclair module(.ko) files and eclair kernel(2.6.31-bfs310) on my korea omnia2

but not working google market and account

wifi connected and i can web surfing on internet but can't connect google account server

Guest jammerlee711
it is funny

my Froyo market work, I just login my google account via Gmail, then market work without doing anything

can ur market download anything?? cause my market program worked too only it cannot download apps successfully