Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest xibianliang
According to problems:

1. True, but after approx 2 hours it start working again(?) - don't know where is bug.

2. It's ok. In init.rc there is a variable (EXTERNAL_STORAGE) showing where sdcard should be and it's in this place(/mnt/sdcard). If You have restored some apps from backup, that's why probably it don't work properly (detecting sdcard in android is common, so it's not possible that some apps work ok and some not).

3. No one told that it'll work ;-)

I have changed the line to "export EXTERNAL_STORAGE /sdcard" from "export EXTERNAL_STORAGE /mnt/sdcard and made similar changes in other places containing the string of /mnt/sdcard, but it didn't solve the problem and the phone didn't mount the SD card at all as a result. for some apps which use SD card as the default folder to store and retrieve data, this can be a problem.for example, i cann't use UC Browser to download files because its default download folder is /sdcard, and it's the same case for Seederdict which retrieve data from /sdcard/seederdicts/. there might be some other apps having problem with the new change. hope Devs can kindly fix this issue.

As to the time dispay issue, i have changed the date to a day later than the correct date following someone's advice a few pages back. but it just worked for a while and then it revert back to a static status.any better solution to this? Thanks for all your ingenuity and hard works

can ur market download anything?? cause my market program worked too only it cannot download apps successfully

I can download the App in the Background (By notification bar)

Guest jammerlee711
I can download the App in the Background (By notification bar)

then...can you tell me what hv you installed?? where do the 2d/3d lib is from ??

Guest hayashi1986

I've installed it successfully and it's all running smoothly. The only issue I'm having is with it randomly not waking up from sleep when pressing the power button. I recall reading about a possible fix for this issue but I can't find the post/thread for the life of me. Anyone have an idea on how to resolve/bandaid this issue?

Cheers! :)

then...can you tell me what hv you installed?? where do the 2d/3d lib is from ??

From XDA

First, Delete the old partition ext2 from Beta 1 in Linux

Format it in WM

Then use the default script to install Beta3

Run Haret with 3D Lib

Wait 5 min, boot up finish

Setup Google Account Via Gmail

Install some application using APK

Then finally use market, it works

For those who wanted to change the mount point of the sd card, from /mnt/sdcard to /sdcard

You must change all the references in /init.rc and /system/etc/vold.fstab or the sdcard will not get mounted.

Hope this helps.

Guest jammerlee711

can i hv the link to 3d lib? and how do you delete the partition ext2? i couldn't find it on my explorer... if there's any software please share the links..thanks a lot

Guest voyteckst
For those who wanted to change the mount point of the sd card, from /mnt/sdcard to /sdcard

You must change all the references in /init.rc and /system/etc/vold.fstab or the sdcard will not get mounted.

Hope this helps.

Strange that You have such problems, because /mnt/sdcard is default mount point in most of android phones. And it just works...

now can not working 2.6.32 kernel compile?

Compilation will work, but modules for kernel are not published yet, because some of them are simply not working. If it will work there will be info on main site and proper update.

Edited by voyteckst

Strange that You have such problems, because /mnt/sdcard is default mount point in most of android phones. And it just works...

Compilation will work, but modules for kernel are not published yet, because some of them are simply not working. If it will work there will be info on main site and proper update.

Someone posted in previous posts they had problems mounting the sdcard by just changing the references in the init.rc file only,

I just pointed out that they if they do have the need to change the mount point, then they have to change both files.

I myself dont have the need :)

Guest xibianliang

Hope this helps.

Thank you. now with a edited init.rc and vold.fstab, i have managed to mount sdcard directly under the root folder and resolved the problem of not being able to download files using UC Browser and other silmilar issues. for anyone who have the same issues, here's the modified init.rc and vold.fstab

modified_Init.rc_vold.rar

Edited by xibianliang

Guest jammerlee711

how to port the android in the phone storage? becuase my sd slot gets hot after sometime of using android

...does any others hv the same problem??

Thank you. now with a edited init.rc and vold.fstab, i have managed to mount sdcard directly under the root folder and resolved the problem of not being able to download files using UC Browser and other silmilar issues. for anyone who have the same issues, here's the attached init.rc and vold.fstab

Can i just rename it to o2b3update.tar.gz?

Guest kgp700
Thank you. now with a edited init.rc and vold.fstab, i have managed to mount sdcard directly under the root folder and resolved the problem of not being able to download files using UC Browser and other silmilar issues. for anyone who have the same issues, here's the attached init.rc and vold.fstab

thanks but still not working sdcard

Guest klevis21
OK,here is what I did:

1.Install VMWare Player

2.Download UBUNTU 32 bit version from here http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop/get-ubuntu/download

3.Install Ubuntu

4.Download & install MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition

5.Take your phone ,go to Samsung Settings USB settings and set USB Connection to My Storage

6.Back up your My Storage to Storage Card (or you will loose all data there)

7.Connect the phone to the PC-> it will connect like mass storage device

8.Open MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition,select the Storage device Samsung and delete the partition->then click create and create 1020 Mb(in my case of 2 GB Internal Storage) FAT 32 partition(give it a name like disk0 without space),there will be left about 1 GB unallocated storage->select right button,click create partition format EXT2 (or EXT3) with a name like disk and select APPLY!->your My Storage will be formatted!!!you will see only 1 GB Storage device in My Computer in Windows.

(EDIT: You can format in the UBUNTU also with Disk Utility ,but first use Unmount storage.)

9.Copy the entire beta1024 folder content on the root of the storage device in Windows! ,not the folder,the content with Android files: ext2.targz default.txt zImage o2beta folder Haret.exe and o2bupdate.tar.gz

10.Disconnect phone & launch VMWare Player and run UBUNTU.

11.connect the phone, it will be recognized like android storage device.

12.In the Ubuntu go to Applications-Accessories run Terminal,--> write down this:

sudo cp /media/disk0/ext2.tar.gz /media/disk/ and wait untill finishes

after that write:

cd /media/disk/ there will be a line like : cd /media/disk$

you must write down this after this line:

sudo tar xzvf ext2.tar.gz -C /media/disk

(edit: you can also extract all you o2bupdate.tar.gz to system with above methods)

And you go,all the content of ext2.tar.gz will be extracted to disk (in this case Android partition) -> at the end of extraction unplug the phone from PC

13.Turn of the VMWare Plater & Ubuntu, plug the USB with the phone to PC again and edit the line:

Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk1p2 init=/init" to this:

Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk0p5 init=/init"[/b and save it (EDIT: if you get kernel panic you can try mmcblk0p6 ,or mmcblk0p2 if you have a ext3 partition)

14.Unplug phone -> and run Haret exe from the root of My Storage not from inside o2beta folder

And you are ready to test :)

sorry I dont have time post guide with pictures because haven't much time may be someone can make it but it is already posted youtube video how is done here:

http://www.modaco.com/content-page/322429/...8000/page/700/#

Regards & thanks to the developres provided this great work to all us!

Ekremsky

when i write the last line 'sudo tar xzvf....' it sayes at all the lines there that it cannot change ownership and other stuff...what did i do wrong???

Guest Pete B
Backup your data

Delete existing partitions

Recreate as follow

. Extended partition say 4gb

Within the extended partition

. create logical partition fat32 - 2gb

. create logical partition ext4 - 2gb

This will hopefully give you back the correct device 5 for fat, and dev 6 for ext4

Great I will give it a go. I have successfully installed Froyo on "my storage" with fat @ k0p1 and ext4 @ k0p2. What I am trying to do is just have the single fat partition at k0p5 and keep the hidden partition which I am unsure how to find anyway. Fro some reason when I reset my storage in win mo it doesn't make the fat storage partition at k0p5.

I hope that the automated install from my storage to the sdcard will work again. I'm getting the error of not being able to mount k0p5 using the automated install. No dramas with the manual install to my storage.

Guest Mr.Lowl

Can't log in my google account it says connot establish connection. Can someone fix this? Tried using YouTube account to sync but it doesn't link to my google account

Guest Pete B

So with Froyo is it less likely to have SOD with "my storage" or "sd card" install? I have no problems with "my storage" install with market, sd card etc all working. But the big problem is SOD (not waking up).

Is it likely that installing to sd card will reduce the likelihood of SOD???? I doubt it but just putting it out there.

Fro some reason when I reset my storage in win mo it doesn't make the fat storage partition at k0p5.

I hope that the automated install from my storage to the sdcard will work again. I'm getting the error of not being able to mount k0p5 using the automated install. No dramas with the manual install to my storage.

Create the logical fat partition under the extended partition will give you back device 5, this should resolve your automatic update problem, I hope :)

Thank you. now with a edited init.rc and vold.fstab, i have managed to mount sdcard directly under the root folder and resolved the problem of not being able to download files using UC Browser and other silmilar issues. for anyone who have the same issues, here's the modified init.rc and vold.fstab

I am guessing you are reinstalling apps that you have backed up, if so this could cause issues because your backed up apps would have been saved under 2.1, which might not work correctly under 2.2.

I recommend people to re-install apps from the market, market will present you version of app that is compatible with 2.2, you might not need to fiddle around with mount points then.

Guest ASIDER
Create the logical fat partition under the extended partition will give you back device 5, this should resolve your automatic update problem, I hope :)

make winmo hard reset or reinstall offical rom

So with Froyo is it less likely to have SOD with "my storage" or "sd card" install? I have no problems with "my storage" install with market, sd card etc all working. But the big problem is SOD (not waking up).

Is it likely that installing to sd card will reduce the likelihood of SOD???? I doubt it but just putting it out there.

I found that booting the phone while charging reducing the chance of getting the sleep problem, yes/no everyone?