Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest Benmlgn
had? as in not anymore after those changes?

PS: pse be clear on when something happens all the time (proces crash) or sometimes

Yes as in ; i dont have it anymore after the changes

If anyones tough enough, he can try this ones (type it in the dialpad):

They are for the Galaxy S, but all i tried worked so far.

Usage at OWN RISK!!

Edit: Strange, yesterday charging did'nt work, today it does o_O

nice you can add "*#7284#" to the list wich allows us to connect our phone as a PDA device

btw just installed Droid-Explorer and it works....

here a pic of my homescreen atm:

love2qfx.png

€: for all those who have problems with sim contacts:

-> go to contacts -> press the 6 edge button and choose DISPLAY OPTIONS -> drop down on ur gmail acc -> check ALL OTHER CONTACTS and voila all contacts are there..

Edited by omgeee

Guest drwakey
nice you can add "*#7284#" to the list wich allows us to connect our phone as a PDA device

btw just installed Droid-Explorer and it works....

here a pic of my homescreen atm:

love2qfx.png

Added, thx! ^^

Nice Homescreen btw ;)

I see your'e using CPU Temp too :)

Does CPU Set do what i think? Would be interesting if it works... and if the values CPU Temp spits out are true xD

Edit: Would also be interesting to know if this works too : http://www.android-hilfe.de/attachments/sa...n-sgs_tools.apk

Edited by drwakey

Guest colorwolf69

Installed the update & everything ran smoothly except the battery seemed to drained so fast. I had it fully charged 100% before going to sleep and next morning it's 1%. Wifi still the occasional disconnected. Any thought anyboby regarding the battery issue? Yeah, it was hot too.

Also, there seemed to be no way of shutting down or reset without taking the battery out.

Guest daskalos

Installed on a Samsung Omnia B7610 and works stable and fast :)

Thank you for the hard work....

Report:

+1 Quick Battery Drain

+1 Needs to press some keys to wake up

Request: (hoping, but not pushing ;) ....)

+2 for B7610 Wifi/Bluetooth Compatibility

+1 Hardware Keyboard support

Can I post my B7610 Android Vid here (if not I'll just remove it)

Edited by daskalos

Guest drwakey
@drwakey

SetCPU probably should work but we need to root our device first..

your linked program also should work.. installed it but needs busybox..

nice ^^

btw, if you want to know what prog is:

The SGSTools app is an app that was largely developed especially for the SGS. It currently offers the following options:

-Secret Code List

System safely and easily delete apps, including the backup. apk and. ODEX to / sdcard / sgstools

-Market Fix for test firmwares, so you can see copy protected apps

Home Screen Settings: Set the default screen and the number is sceen, but with JM5, JM7, JM8

Boot enable sound / shutdown sound or disengage or set custom sounds

Commands as a shortcut placed on the desktop, for example shutdown, etc.

txt-run scripts, including a mount and unmount / system script

App move on the system so that it is not deleted from a hard reset.

-. prop Editor

SGS means Galaxy S, just in case.

daskalos, nice to see you here too!

I'm still using one of your roms, they make even wm quite delicious ^^

edit: lol, you have almost the same apps installed like me, even the same background. Maybe we B7610 user's have similar preferences :->

I guess you also havent working WIFI, have you?

Edited by drwakey

Guest Hadesword
Installed the update & everything ran smoothly except the battery seemed to drained so fast. I had it fully charged 100% before going to sleep and next morning it's 1%. Wifi still the occasional disconnected. Any thought anyboby regarding the battery issue? Yeah, it was hot too.

Also, there seemed to be no way of shutting down or reset without taking the battery out.

First of all congratulations to Almar's team for this increible good jod thankyou very much for make ours omnias a android machines ;)

My personal feeling is the same of you the battery descend too much only in one night and wifi conection is lowest than others (WINMO)

Please continue make this job more and more big everyday!

sorry for my english!

Guest shoarmabakpao
Installed on a Samsung Omnia B7610 and works stable and fast :)

Thank you for the hard work....

Report:

+1 Quick Battery Drain

+1 Needs to press some keys to wake up

Request: (hoping, but not pushing ;) ....)

+2 for B7610 Wifi/Bluetooth Compatibility

+1 Hardware Keyboard support

Can I post my B7610 Android Vid here (if not I'll just remove it)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17BTPmT8A9Y?hl=en&fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17BTPmT8A9Y?hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17BTPmT8A9Y?hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Nice vid!

Could you tell me how you got the graphics part working that well? I'm using an Omnia 2 as testdevice for this wonderfull beta release and I can't get any decent performance in Angry Birds, it's more like a powerpoint, more likely to 1 frame per 5-10seconds =( Also at the foto-galay section you got a very nice and clean graphical eye-candy whilest mine just shoes the pictures with a box around it with no effect at all.

Do you know what I'm doing wrong?

Guest Prometheus5061

G'Day all!!!

# First things first... having followed the original post since it's early days it's indescribable to see android running on my O2.. A bonza effort by the dev team (Almar, Sandor and PHJ) thanks so much guys... U GUYS ROCK!!!!!

# After installing all the updates I've had my O2 running for about 8 hours with no issues at all... no freezing no wake up issues.

# I have made and received calls, sent and received txts, played angry birds, used ping chat, YouTube, Facebook and Google maps.... so all in all I can use it on a daily basis.

# I noticed that the security protocol of the router plays part in the connectivity of WiFi... I was on WEP initially but after switching to WPA/WPA2 PSK I have had no issues at all.

"I'm on speedfrog's latest lite rom (thanks mate!!!) with dual boot installed, 2 gigs of storage and 1 gig of storage card."

Cant hardly wait for the Froyo update ;)

Cheers!!!!

Guest nonione
G'Day all!!!

# First things first... having followed the original post since it's early days it's indescribable to see android running on my O2.. A bonza effort by the dev team (Almar, Sandor and PHJ) thanks so much guys... U GUYS ROCK!!!!!

# After installing all the updates I've had my O2 running for about 8 hours with no issues at all... no freezing no wake up issues.

# I have made and received calls, sent and received txts, played angry birds, used ping chat, YouTube, Facebook and Google maps.... so all in all I can use it on a daily basis.

# I noticed that the security protocol of the router plays part in the connectivity of WiFi... I was on WEP initially but after switching to WPA/WPA2 PSK I have had no issues at all.

"I'm on speedfrog's latest lite rom (thanks mate!!!) with dual boot installed, 2 gigs of storage and 1 gig of storage card."

Cant hardly wait for the Froyo update ;)

Cheers!!!!

how'd u dled youtube??? ive been searching for it with no success, also i dled skype and its not working :)

one question...what's the best rom for run this android??? because some people run very well other don't...i think it could be because of the rom....am i wrong??

sorry english..

Guest gonzo_bonzo

As for the wakeup issue I've discovered it is either max CPU issue or baterry. I'm not sure because I've changed from auto to Max (CPU) and in the same time started charging battery. No wakeup issue since 2 hours...

Edited by gonzo_bonzo

Guest djsolidsnake86
As for the wakeup issue I've discovered it is either max CPU issue or baterry. I'm not sure because I've changed from auto to Max (CPU) and in the same time started charging battery. No wakeup issue since 2 hours...

max cpu from window mobile?

Guest stu_2k1

Im probably wrong but i do beleive it still picks up some windows components e.g Time date etc so maybe cpu speed as ive seen a few people who have change it in windows and it effects the performance in android

Guest FactionOne

Guys, I can't imagine that Windows Mobile ROM or settings have any real impact on the performance of Android. When you run haret.exe to boot Android, the first thing that happens is Windows Mobile is completely terminated - it's not running at all when Android boots. Also Android doesn't read Windows Mobile registry/settings/INI.

I guess the only SMALL possibility is that making a selection for CPU power in Windows Mobile, a HARDWARE state is set, which is not changed or disabled when Android boots; but I still doubt this.

(EDIT: Just out of curiosity, I switched CPU to HIGH from AUTO in Windows Mobile before booting Android this time, as expected, it doesn't seem to have any effect on my device.)

I think wakeup is working correctly for you because you have connected the phone to mains power. I expect that when running on batteries, the CPU will go to a very low power state when the device goes to sleep, but when connected to mains, maybe not such deep sleep - so it is quicker to wakeup/resume.

All the best,

//R

Edited by FactionOne

Guest cicciosprint

Really can't wait for Froyo, the bugfixes and sensors/gfx drivers being finalized, after trying just once Android I'm smitten, WinMo is not going to boot on my Omnia II ever again then...

yes..same here about winmo cpu speed...maybe with rom is the same...who knows...

and wifi settings still freeze my phone...

Edited by igorbr

Guest djsolidsnake86

yes but before there are many bug to fix... however i don't know if updating now to froyo can solve automatically some of our bugs

i hope soon for froyo, from feautures seem to be out soon

That is not entirely correct. Just overclock using S3clock before starting haret and almost instant crash. While winmo happily runs overclocked I can't start Android after overclocking. I don't want to risk having to reinstall Android or I would try testing whether simply running FpuEnabler crashes Android or the actual overclocking. What I know is that if I set S3clock to 960Mhz (my usual speed under winmo) then Android stops with Red screen with vertical lines but when I set S3clock to 900Mhz then the screen is orange with the same vertical lines :lol: All the overclocking apps for Android require rooted systems so no luck for now. Maybe our master developers final version will be rooted by default? :)