Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest lemalin
Whenever i try to open market, it says " A server error has occured. Please retry ...." again and again. I checked, and i do have network connectivity. Played around with the browser too.

I was experiencing the same problem. No my market is working but to be honest I have no idea how... What I did was to make few reboots, few resets to factory defaults and keep trying to launch market... and suddenly it works!!!!

Guest l3ong91

post-714043-1303318901_thumb.jpg

Can someone help me? Attached images as well. What does the lines in red boxes mean?

Running on latest iso released by quato.

I can bootup Froyo anyway, but just cannot download and Google Talk authentication failed keep appearing.

Guest voyteckst
post-714043-1303318901_thumb.jpg

Can someone help me? Attached images as well. What does the lines in red boxes mean?

Running on latest iso released by quato.

I can bootup Froyo anyway, but just cannot download and Google Talk authentication failed keep appearing.

1. That Yourvfat partition is with utf-8 and will be case-sensitive

2. That it's trying to mount ext2,3 and succeded with ext4.

I had this problem before. I resolved by fresh install + 3dlib (1.59mb) . after that I got request wake up error during booting. then I install 2 update posted by ashburn.

What is 3dlib? You mean the 2d/3d libraries that you have to find yourself? Already included those. Or something else? Amd what is 2 update?

Guest saqeeb

Thanks for your statement mate. I was annoyed by "request suspend state: wakeup (0->0)" error since froyo was launched.

The problem was the label of my fat partiton was in caps. I changed it to lowercase and it works like charm now.

Many thanks to you buddy.

Guest saqeeb

Thanks for your statement mate. I was annoyed by "request suspend state: wakeup (0->0)" error since froyo was launched.

The problem was the label of my fat partiton was in caps. I changed it to lowercase and it works like charm now.

Many thanks to you buddy

Guest problematika

Tried to do trick with youtube, singed in, but market still not downloading...stopped on 3-5 sec. (with quato's fs.iso) Do only I have that problem or...?

Guest drorcun

Many thanks to you buddy

how to change the label to lowercase cause i cannot..

Guest agalance
I told You to not read kernel commit comments. It's not for users, but for developers.

What exactly have You changed to make market working? I'm just curiuous to include it in next beta.

Hi!

Interesting stuff... At first I had also problems using the Market. Now it works flawlessly. I didn't change anything. Well, nothing I know about.

However, my account at market.android.com is not working. It is not recognizing my phone. I guess it is because the android is not communicating with it normally. But sync with google is working. So I really don't know the source of the problem.

Bye

Guest alexovy

After 2 days experience:

- NO FREEEEEEZE :)

- NO SOD :)

- market working;

- 3G working;

- battery lasting...I think around 48h;

- camera working;

- wifi working;

- I cannot access some folders. The file browser just close itself when I try to open this folder;

- THERE IS NO RADIO :(

It looks like I am the luckiest guy around here, my android is running almost 100%. If I can help with anything, just let me know.

Congrats to the devs. If you could only make radio working, would make me very happy.

P.S.: fresh manually install on my old ext4 partition on My Storage (1 GB).

Guest ashburn
After 2 days experience:

- market working;

- 3G working;

- camera working;

- wifi working;

- I cannot access some folders. The file browser just close itself when I try to open this folder;

It looks like I am the luckiest guy around here, my android is running almost 100%. If I can help with anything, just let me know.

Congrats to the devs. If you could only make radio working, would make me very happy.

I can say im on the same boat with you. NO SOD nor Freezes.. One issue can't turn off flash on camera.. =D

Guest Sinistersky
After 2 days experience:

- market working;

- 3G working;

- camera working;

- wifi working;

48 hours...hmm...do you use 3g or 2g?

Guest Sinistersky

I have a question regarding the notification abr... I have use OUT kitchen to make a custom one..but everytime i put the framework-res.apk in /system/framework...i get loads of errors on the device... why is that?

Guest voyteckst
I have a question regarding the notification abr... I have use OUT kitchen to make a custom one..but everytime i put the framework-res.apk in /system/framework...i get loads of errors on the device... why is that?

On 99% it's caused because it's signed with different key than other system apk's.

Guest PuCiNhOOO

QUOTE(alexovy @ Apr 21 2011, 03:47)

After 2 days experience:

- NO FREEEEEEZE

- NO SOD

- market working;

- 3G working;

- camera working;

- wifi working;

- THERE IS NO RADIO

I can say im on the same boat with you. NO SOD nor Freezes.. One issue can't turn off flash on camera.. =D

I'm on the same boat too, but with one difference ... My battery lasts only 13 hours at max. If I start to use 3G Data Connection or Wi-Fi, my battery dains like crazy :)

What am I doing wrong?

Guest kgp700

Timestamp:04/20/11 13:03:31 (11 hours ago)

Author:phj

Message:re-implement timer hierarchy and using PWM timer 3,4 instead of 2,4

Files:2 modified

clock.c (modified) (2 diffs)

hr-time.c (modified) (10 diffs)

it maybe clock fix?

Guest carenata750s
is there any fix for the status bar clock and widget clock, they are not moving. the time is now 17.22 but the clock show 16.30

I have been looking for a solution to this too however after installing and activating 'Digital Clock Widget version 2.0.3' from marketplace and leaving the phone overnight the time in the status bar is now keeping perfect time.

It didn't correct itself immediatley, I was still looking for a solution late last night but when I woke up this morning the status bar clock was working.... as a technician, I hate non definitive results like this... but I am happy the time is now right :)

Guest zappazz
:-(

Installed it twice already (clean install, normal SD card installation), and after the third or fourth reboot, the device doesn´t wake up anymore after going to sleep. Am I the only one who experiences this behavior?

+1

The same for me.

To reproduce the problem: reboot, do not access Android (don't unlock), after few minutes if yor try to wake up, it doesn't wake up anymore (only solution is to remove battery).

(clean installation with Ubuntu, on internal memory).

Thanks anyway to the developers.

Edited by zappazz

Guest Shadowlord666

I don't know whether there are still people out there who can't use market because of Google Talk (authentication failed) problems, but I think maybe I've found a solution. At least it worked for me.

OK, what I did was:

Go to:

Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> All

Download Manager -> "Force Stop" and "Clear Data"

Market -> "Force Stop" and "Clear Data"

Talk -> "Force Stop" and "Clear Data"

After that, you have to restart Android! Very important! It did not work without restart.

Maybe it's just necessary to clear just one or two of these settings (Talk?).

Other impressions until now:

- Sometimes I'm having problems with Wifi. Connection is lost and I have to disable and enable Wifi to get it working again. Sometimes it won't connect at all and I have to retry a couple of times.

- Battery time seems to be much better compared to the last beta. Don't know how long it lasts, though.

- Not a single SOD till now :)

- The ISO versions don't work so well for me. Froyo is much less responsive for me then. Slower, apps crash, more WiFi connection problems etc. Much better from SD card.

Guest TRoN_1
Here you are:

Mirrors:

http://ul.to/xd9ql0zs

http://depositfiles.com/files/wahkt83ij

Add these 4 lines in init.rc after #107 line (I use Notepad2.exe program in Win7) or directly in anrdoid with RootExplorer where are the mount commands:

# mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /storage

mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /storage

chown system system /storage

chmod 0777 /storage

And you must see \My Storage content.

Regards,

Ekremsky

Sorry for the retarded question, but where do I find init.rc? From Win7 you can only see the i8000 when win mobile is booted and that file is not there(I am using froyo-fs.iso).

And PLEASE someone tell me how to calibrate/align the screen, the bottom quarter of my screen seems way off.

Thanks

Edited by TRoN_1