Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest Pete B
Sorry for the retarded question, but where do I find init.rc? From Win7 you can only see the i8000 when win mobile is booted and that file is not there(I am using froyo-fs.iso).

And PLEASE someone tell me how to calibrate/align the screen, the bottom quarter of my screen seems way off.

Thanks

The init.rc is in the ext4 partition so can't be edited in windows. I use Ubuntu to edit the init.rc. There is an option of grabbing one of the o2b3update files in this forum that addresses the init.rc file and edit the init.rc file to suit your install so it gets copied over on the automated install.

No way to calibrate as far as I'm aware as its hard coded into Android from my understanding.

Guest kgp700
The init.rc is in the ext4 partition so can't be edited in windows. I use Ubuntu to edit the init.rc. There is an option of grabbing one of the o2b3update files in this forum that addresses the init.rc file and edit the init.rc file to suit your install so it gets copied over on the automated install.

No way to calibrate as far as I'm aware as its hard coded into Android from my understanding.

is it possible froyo-fs.iso mount on ubuntu and file access?

Guest Pete B
is it possible froyo-fs.iso mount on ubuntu and file access?

To be honest I'm not sure.

Can you mount the image in windows and edit the init.rc file as its not an ext4 file system when its in iso format is it?? I'm in no way experienced in this area so I'm sure someone else will clarify.

Guest mihai_mihai
Sorry for the retarded question, but where do I find init.rc? From Win7 you can only see the i8000 when win mobile is booted and that file is not there(I am using froyo-fs.iso).

And PLEASE someone tell me how to calibrate/align the screen, the bottom quarter of my screen seems way off.

Thanks

install android drivers and use QtADB

for drivers follow the modaco faq link from first post

Guest erikcas
Timestamp:04/20/11 13:03:31 (11 hours ago)

Author:phj

Message:re-implement timer hierarchy and using PWM timer 3,4 instead of 2,4

Files:2 modified

clock.c (modified) (2 diffs)

hr-time.c (modified) (10 diffs)

it maybe clock fix?

It might but it is not for current kernel.

Guest quato7906
I told You to not read kernel commit comments. It's not for users, but for developers.

What exactly have You changed to make market working? I'm just curiuous to include it in next beta.

-Hi,I didn't make anything special to do that,firstly I install android normally with Ubuntu,start Haret and at the first boot I sign in with google account before doing anything else,immediatly after that open the Market and download something from market and then it works,don't know why,but if I do something else like installing another app before launching market after that market dosn't working...When I see market is working I go to \data\system and delete the file accounts.db ->make the fs.iso file and then when start haret with iso first must create account and market works.(Here is posted that there is a soulution with Download manager -clear data & restart,but didnot tried it)

-As for the time I just change the date 1 day forward and no problems of 3 days use,alarm works too....

-Now in Linpack I get 9.3 constant score which is very good,all works exept livewallapers & some games.

Regards,Ekremsky

Guest Mozart1990

thank for your ghost.

but "i dont have a storage card, so is there a setting i can change so everything saves to my storage or that only my storage can be used, because i cant use camera, music or gallery."

when i added the "4 sentence" you said after #107 in init.rc ,the system also say NO SD card..and i cant use camera,gallery as before.

Could you give me a new "init.rc"(which had correct the problem.)?

thanks very much!

waiting and hoping...

Edited by Mozart1990

Guest shahbandegan
Here you are:

Mirrors:

http://ul.to/xd9ql0zs

http://depositfiles.com/files/wahkt83ij

Add these 4 lines in init.rc after #107 line (I use Notepad2.exe program in Win7) or directly in anrdoid with RootExplorer where are the mount commands:

# mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /storage

mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /storage

chown system system /storage

chmod 0777 /storage

And you must see \My Storage content.

Regards,

Ekremsky

Hi friend, I downloaded http://depositfiles.com/files/wahkt83ij but there is No haret and more files there, would u please uploaded missed file except iso file

Edited by shahbandegan

Guest saqeeb
how to change the label to lowercase cause i cannot..

I deleted the existing partition in unbuntu and recreated a new fat32 partition with label as "disk0" instead of "DISK0".

Worked for me. Might work for you too, try it

Guest shahbandegan
Hey mate, check the earlier post by quato with installation guide, there's all the files you need.

Hi, downloding another link with 1Gb size is so slow for me , i wonder if you send me a link contains files except iso

Guest l3ong91
can someone help me to get market working please.

Have been trying since I installed froyo on my phone with no luck

Thankyou

I have the same problem exactly. What i did was to do a fresh install and sign-in in the Welcome screen and browse Market using 3G connection, and after i switch back to Wifi and it works.

Guest Tasos Greece
I don't know whether there are still people out there who can't use market because of Google Talk (authentication failed) problems, but I think maybe I've found a solution. At least it worked for me.

OK, what I did was:

Go to:

Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> All

Download Manager -> "Force Stop" and "Clear Data"

Market -> "Force Stop" and "Clear Data"

Talk -> "Force Stop" and "Clear Data"

After that, you have to restart Android! Very important! It did not work without restart.

Maybe it's just necessary to clear just one or two of these settings (Talk?).

It Works !!!

Thanks

EDIT

** Worked for a while and stopped again...

Edited by Tasos Greece

Guest gauravv

IF anybody having problem installing on sd card due to problem of :

cant mount internal flash........they may be deleted hidden partition in my storage so they have to re-create artificial hidden partition to make it work...so open mini tool partition and make two fat 32 partition one of 512 mb and another of 1.4 gb...make sure that ur pc only detects 1.4gb partition and not other one.........then put flies and u will get android running

Guest tjeerdos

very good beta

onlly thing i have what's not on the dev's list. is sod when hanging up the phone when someone called me.

great work team!

Guest bumar2000

Hi, does you sdcard work fine using iso? My iso-android doesn't see my sdcard. I modified init.rc and volf.fstab and my sdcard is seen in file explorer but not in root explorer, i get message "sd card not currently mounted" another apps behaves the same way. Any ideas?

Edited by bumar2000

Guest sahcan

dear friends

win mo i have 195 phone record in my sim card but froyo in my sim card dont see my phone records

how i can solve that problem thanx for helps

Guest ritchietos

lol whats up on you tube every one is destroying there omnia 2 korean version .

watch date added is the service so bad over there ? lol

Guest Fuzzytru

I'v got a problem with WIFI. I CANT see my home network but i see other neibours. in work i see my work net wchis is wpa2 psk ( same as my home) so where is a problem both are G same encryption. btw i can't se MC hotspot as well and i can see and connect to home and MC at WInMO any ideas ? - sry for my eng is not my good point

Any one got any idea.???