Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest y17dt
you get over 48 hours with 2g on all the time!? :)

I just put my omnia down for 2hours and it left 3% battery(61%-58%), this was with phone an 3G enabled.

Tonight I had my omnia in Airplanemode for about 7hours and it left about 8% or 9 percent battery.

But making a 3mins phone call cost me about 4%battery.

So standby seems awesome. While using phone it drains battery very quickly.

Installed with original selfinstaller from phj´s page with 3d-libs on Xda-devs. Installed Call light and some other stuff.

In the past day I had 1SOD and 1Freeze(while installing some apps, surfing, listening to music).

Angry birds is running absolutely flawless(had to unmount SD-card for installation)

No Problems with market and SD-recognition!

So this is really amazing.

Only really annoying thing is the Clock-problem.

(I haven´t tested WIFI yet)

THANKS DEVS!!!!!

PS: does anybody have an Idea how to import outlook contacts without the use of googlemail???? how to import csv in Android?

Guest kgp700
-Hi,I didn't make anything special to do that,firstly I install android normally with Ubuntu,start Haret and at the first boot I sign in with google account before doing anything else,immediatly after that open the Market and download something from market and then it works,don't know why,but if I do something else like installing another app before launching market after that market dosn't working...When I see market is working I go to \data\system and delete the file accounts.db ->make the fs.iso file and then when start haret with iso first must create account and market works.(Here is posted that there is a soulution with Download manager -clear data & restart,but didnot tried it)

-As for the time I just change the date 1 day forward and no problems of 3 days use,alarm works too....

-Now in Linpack I get 9.3 constant score which is very good,all works exept livewallapers & some games.

Regards,Ekremsky

I'm trying to fix market but

too difficult

method1

Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> All

Download Manager -> "Force Stop" and "Clear Data"

Market -> "Force Stop" and "Clear Data"

Talk -> "Force Stop" and "Clear Data"

and restart

not working market

method2

dns allowed setting

not working market

method3

start Haret and at the first boot sign in with google account -> can not login, can't establish error , it's same error(3g is working)

method4

install another version froyo market 3versions -> not working market

day+1 method -> status bar clock not working

3g and wifi is perfactly working but only not working market

i'm so sad :)

Edited by kgp700

Guest Sinistersky
I just put my omnia down for 2hours and it left 3% battery(61%-58%), this was with phone an 3G enabled.

Tonight I had my omnia in Airplanemode for about 7hours and it left about 8% or 9 percent battery.

But making a 3mins phone call cost me about 4%battery.

So standby seems awesome. While using phone it drains battery very quickly.

Installed with original selfinstaller from phj´s page with 3d-libs on Xda-devs. Installed Call light and some other stuff.

In the past day I had 1SOD and 1Freeze(while installing some apps, surfing, listening to music).

Angry birds is running absolutely flawless(had to unmount SD-card for installation)

No Problems with market and SD-recognition!

So this is really amazing.

Only really annoying thing is the Clock-problem.

(I haven´t tested WIFI yet)

THANKS DEVS!!!!!

PS: does anybody have an Idea how to import outlook contacts without the use of googlemail???? how to import csv in Android?

how do you install angry birds 1 if you unmount your sd card? i can't copy the .apk to the phone memory...

Guest lemalin

too difficult

method1

and restart

not working market

method2

dns allowed setting

not working market

method3

start Haret and at the first boot sign in with google account -> can not login, can't establish error , it's same error(3g is working)

method4

Need to be patient to get market working. I installed froyo two times on my Omnia (I had to reinstall for some other reason) and every time market started to work after several attempts (this was on 2G data). I have no idea what is the real reason but once it started to work, it works over WiFi as well as over WWAN.

Guest elbee72

maybe some of these methods can help?

Guest MrGenius

Had a SOD today :)

Just put my Phone in Standby and wanted to wake it up 15minutes later.

But it won't wake up and was very hot on the backside. So i put out the battery and rebooted the Phone => 20% battery drainage in these 15 minutes standby !!!!

Yesterday i was using it the whole day, without any Problem.

Guest TIEfighter
Had a SOD today :)

Just put my Phone in Standby and wanted to wake it up 15minutes later.

But it won't wake up and was very hot on the backside. So i put out the battery and rebooted the Phone => 20% battery drainage in these 15 minutes standby !!!!

Yesterday i was using it the whole day, without any Problem.

:-) Finally, someone who also experiences this. The sleep mode still has a lot of bugs imo. After the installation and 1, maybe 2 reboots, everything works well, but it seems after some time the sleep mode gets..."corrupted". On my phone, i now have SOD as soon as it goes into sleep mode. However, the battery is still draining too...

Guest MrGenius
:-) Finally, someone who also experiences this. The sleep mode still has a lot of bugs imo. After the installation and 1, maybe 2 reboots, everything works well, but it seems after some time the sleep mode gets..."corrupted". On my phone, i now have SOD as soon as it goes into sleep mode. However, the battery is still draining too...

The thing is, that the phone is getting really hot and drains battery, when the SOD appears.

So i guess, there is a process running, which starts running at 100% CPU, which causes the high battery consumption, too...

When the devs will get that problem solved, Android is really usable 24/7. :)

Guest T_Frain_K

Just a quick question, since I am not at home at the moment:

Do adb and logcat work? Maybe then I might find something explaining why WiFi would not work for me...

Guest Clemenzo

Great to see that froyo is out! Good job!!

Just wondering if anyone can install flash player 10.x, I could not find it on market and even with downloaded apk, the player could not install successfully. Maybe this part is not yet ready in current froyo build?

Guest llaa51

ext4, logical partition install, time update on status bar works! will restart phone to see if time on status bar still updates.

edit1: installed angry birds rio from market just now, super fast, no text bugs!

edit2: restarted, time on status bar updates :)

Edited by llaa51

Guest PuCiNhOOO
The thing is, that the phone is getting really hot and drains battery, when the SOD appears.

So i guess, there is a process running, which starts running at 100% CPU, which causes the high battery consumption, too...

When the devs will get that problem solved, Android is really usable 24/7. :)

I'm using the same installation of Froyo (ISO system) for three days now, and jut got one SOD ... just rebooted it, and at now, everything is working smootlhy :)

Edited by PuCiNhOOO

Guest combathero

too difficult

method1

and restart

not working market

method2

dns allowed setting

not working market

method3

method4

we're on the same boat, :(

I used youtube method to login my existing gmail account but market still prompts error

I already tried ISO build but way too slow to run froyo. :)

Guest bigshervin

When I use 2011-04-18 Froyo beta1 it keep showing following similar error when it want to boot it for first time:

[24.5330051 request_suspend_state: wakeup (0->0) at 44213 7394596( 2011-4-21 10:26:05.66444245 UTC)

I tried hard rest and even formatting ex partition. no result.

Old builds are working for for me.

I am using i8000 16G internal with 8G sd ( 1G for Android)

Any idea?

Does anybody have a full working partition iso that I can directly copy it to my 1G partition?

Thanks man!

Guest saqeeb
ext4, logical partition install, time update on status bar works! will restart phone to see if time on status bar still updates.

edit1: installed angry birds rio from market just now, super fast, no text bugs!

edit2: restarted, time on status bar updates :)

Have you installed it on sd card or my storage

Is market working with ext4 logical partition

Guest elbee72
When I use 2011-04-18 Froyo beta1 it keep showing following similar error when it want to boot it for first time:

[24.5330051 request_suspend_state: wakeup (0->0) at 44213 7394596( 2011-4-21 10:26:05.66444245 UTC)

Any idea?

http://code.google.com/p/omnia2droid/issues/detail?id=123

Guest llaa51
Have you installed it on sd card or my storage

Is market working with ext4 logical partition

yes it works. ext 4 logical partition on my storage btw. anyways i have realised something:

- time update works if u boot android without sd card. later just put back ur sd card.

Guest saqeeb

Any idea?

Does anybody have a full working partition iso that I can directly copy it to my 1G partition?

Thanks man!

I think your fat partition label is in caps. try deleting the partition and recreate the partition in unbuntu. make sure you label it in lower case.

Worked for me. might work for you. try it

Edited by saqeeb

Guest soroush0313

Could someone please help me? :)

I've downloaded froyo and 2d/3d drivers from filesonic, every time I install froyo, in the welcome screen when I tap the android there is no response and after 1 min the screen goes blank, I've changed my SD two times but nothing changed !!! Someone please help me :)

Edited by soroush0313

Guest n4m3less
I don't know whether there are still people out there who can't use market because of Google Talk (authentication failed) problems, but I think maybe I've found a solution. At least it worked for me.

OK, what I did was:

Go to:

After that, you have to restart Android! Very important! It did not work without restart.

market not work....What causes this problem? there is a solution?

Edited by n4m3less

Guest firefly2k3

First of all... Kudos and Thanks to the Devs... Amazing job

Auto install of Froyo worked without any problems on my SD Card with existing partitions from Beta2.

On first run I had the "request_suspend_state: wakeup (0->0)" problem even with the o2b3update.tar.gz placed in MyStorage root.

So I did a fresh install with an updated the ext4.tar.gz with 2D/3D libs from XDA (dragged and dropped the system folder from the o2b3update.tar.gz into ext4.tar.gz using Total Commander)

Apart from a few issues which have already been reported like time not updated on status bar, battery charging very slow when compared to WinMo etc... everything works smoothly with much better battery drain

Market works out of the box on 3G including download and install of applications.

Haven't tried WiFi.

Can't connect to PC. *#7284# does not bring up PhoneUtil (any ideas?)

All in all... an excellent Froyo beta...

Thanks Devs once again...

~Firefly