Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest MrGenius
:-) Finally, someone who also experiences this. The sleep mode still has a lot of bugs imo. After the installation and 1, maybe 2 reboots, everything works well, but it seems after some time the sleep mode gets..."corrupted". On my phone, i now have SOD as soon as it goes into sleep mode. However, the battery is still draining too...

2nd SOD now :)

Working two days without any Problem, and now SOD after SOD....

Guest AoSra1n

I have been using Froyo for about 3 days now and so far my experiences have been very good. Very stable as everyone has been saying! great work.

The time in the status bar (top right) has to be fixed, and wifi's inability to connect (which is solved by restart) needs to be fixed as well.

But the main issue for me revolves around battery life. Only 7-9 hours with 3g connection (but no data). even standby battery drain is about 10% an hour. Its essentially the deal breaker as i cannot use it for a whole day. In windows mobile 6.5, my standby drain is about 2% an hour and the phone with 3g connection lasts about 35-40 hours.

If this were solved i would use android. But now i only boot up android to use some of the apps.

Guest TIEfighter
2nd SOD now :)

Working two days without any Problem, and now SOD after SOD....

yes, and it doesn´t go away until a clean install :-S how can we find out what´s causing it?

Guest Sinistersky
yes, and it doesn´t go away until a clean install :-S how can we find out what´s causing it?

you cant'... new kernel should fix things...

Guest llaa51

status bar time update works, market works, and a demo of angry birds rio :)

but some probs like some apps u need to remove sd card to install

Edited by llaa51

Guest ASMARTTECHIE
First of all... Kudos and Thanks to the Devs... Amazing job

Auto install of Froyo worked without any problems on my SD Card with existing partitions from Beta2.

On first run I had the "request_suspend_state: wakeup (0->0)" problem even with the o2b3update.tar.gz placed in MyStorage root.

So I did a fresh install with an updated the ext4.tar.gz with 2D/3D libs from XDA (dragged and dropped the system folder from the o2b3update.tar.gz into ext4.tar.gz using Total Commander)

Apart from a few issues which have already been reported like time not updated on status bar, battery charging very slow when compared to WinMo etc... everything works smoothly with much better battery drain

Market works out of the box on 3G including download and install of applications.

Haven't tried WiFi.

Can't connect to PC. *#7284# does not bring up PhoneUtil (any ideas?)

All in all... an excellent Froyo beta...

Thanks Devs once again...

~Firefly

how to do it with commander.. p|ease exp|ain.. thnxx

Guest Sinistersky

you have a really big foot :)

Guest kgp700

how to time and market fix?

Guest drorcun
I deleted the existing partition in unbuntu and recreated a new fat32 partition with label as "disk0" instead of "DISK0".

Worked for me. Might work for you too, try it

thanks but not worked..

says permission denied cannot execue system/bin/...

Guest l3ong91

Errm...everything was working fine, market , download etc. but now I have this error: process.acore has stopped unexpectedly...can't even go into menu or run any apps...a black screen with loads of sorry! stopped working warnings.....any idea how to fix it? or do i need to do a new install again?

Guest mat9v

I have the same problem with "cannot execve /system/bin/....". Had it with beta2, have it now with beta3 (both times when trying to install using ubuntu). So I found a way around it :) I install android using default installer to SD card, taki it out of my omnia and insert into a card reader.

Then use MiniTool Partition Wizard to simply copy a partition to a free space in the internal storage. That way I have a backup in case I just do something really wrong or maybe Android decides to just quit on me :) And the backup that way takes only 5 minutes (more or less) so not much trouble.

Guest sontot
So I've tried installing it on my Omnia 2 but no luck so far...under Ubuntu extracting the tar when copied to the ext partition doesn't work, I keep getting errors about no permission and also something like "cant make symbolic link to". That last error is directly translated from Dutch so I'm not sure wether it is the right translation :)

And if I do the following:

I get this:

haret.jpg

Same here.. Got this error all the time.

Now I wanna try the iso method but unable to download all sites that quato uploaded.

Unable to download the iso till now.... arrgghh... :)

(pulling out my hair...hahahaa)

Some help please.... :(

Guest mishatir
is it possible froyo-fs.iso mount on ubuntu and file access?

Terminal:

#sudo passwd root

#su

#mkdir /mysd

#losetup /dev/loop6 /media/NAMESD/iso/froyo-fs.iso

#mount /dev/loop6 /mysd

#umount /mysd

#losetup -d /dev/loop6

????????

The init.rc is in the ext4 partition so can't be edited in windows.

edit file newinit.rc in WINDOWS

If ISO ( running sd0.cpio.gz):

if exists file newinit.rc (in root directory "MyStorage")

1) copy init.rc (from ext4 in iso) to bakinit.rc (in root directory "MyStorage")

2) copy file newinit.rc (from root directory "MyStorage") to init.rc (ext4 in iso)

?????????

Edited by mishatir

Guest calolobo

Someone could tell me what to do?

I have installed Froyo on my storage (untaring ext4.tar.gz on ext4 "disk" partition, and copying haret image and startup modified to fat32 disk0 partition)

Froyo is working but the problem is, i can't see sdcard mounted on froyo, but i can see it trough explorer.

When i change in init.rc and vold.fstab "/sdcard" to "/mnt/sdcard" the only difference is where in the explorer appears sdcard.

if "/sdcard" i can see it on root

if "/mnt/sdcard" i can see it on root/mnt/sdcard

in both cases i have included this line on init.rc

mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p5 /mnt/sdcard (with or without /mnt of course)

in both cases i can play music or see what files are inside, but in both cases is not mounted, and "gallery" said sdcard not present or not mounted, so, not market, camera or anything that uses sdcard works.

Anyone have used the same way to install froyo and sdcard works?

p.s. when i installed froyo on sdcard (i mean normally), i have also not mounted sdcard)

when i installed froyo trough iso files, i have the same problem

Edited by calolobo

Guest harrypotter222

I still get SOD, so I install myLock to overcome this.

For SPB Mobile Shell 5 3D, it works, but some icon text are screwed up.

For Angry Birds Rio, it works. Performance is quite good.

For testing adobe flash, based on official note, it needs at least ARM Cortex A8 processor or better. Unless Dev team can make this phone possible. I don't see it will work properly as this is a hardware limitation.

Guest bigshervin
When I use 2011-04-18 Froyo beta1 it keep showing following similar error when it want to boot it for first time:

[24.5330051 request_suspend_state: wakeup (0->0) at 44213 7394596( 2011-4-21 10:26:05.66444245 UTC)

I tried hard rest and even formatting ex partition. no result.

Old builds are working for for me.

I am using i8000 16G internal with 8G sd ( 1G for Android)

Any idea?

This solution worked for me. Ewen when I used on a partition bigger than 1G!. Thank you Elbee72. You are great. Now I am happy Android on Omnia II - i8000 tester :)

Guest mishatir

mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p5 /mnt/sdcard (with or without /mnt of course)

/dev/block/mmcblk1p5 - ????????????

MyStorage fat32 - 0p1 or 0p5

MyStorage Ext2/3/4 - 0p2 or 0p6

-

SD fat32 - 1p1

SD ext2/3/4 - 1p2

?????????????? 1p5 ?????????????????????

Guest problematika

MyStorage fat32 - 0p1 or 0p5

MyStorage Ext2/3/4 - 0p2 or 0p6

-

SD fat32 - 1p1

SD ext2/3/4 - 1p2

Can you provide your fs.iso...but 1GB pack? Is it possible to run Market as normal with your pack? Tnx! :)

Guest Doc Lorenzo
Errm...everything was working fine, market , download etc. but now I have this error: process.acore has stopped unexpectedly...can't even go into menu or run any apps...a black screen with loads of sorry! stopped working warnings.....any idea how to fix it? or do i need to do a new install again?

I'm on my fourth reinstall because of this error, and I have no idea why it suddenly occured.. (one of the times the error occured after a "sudden power failure" because the battery ran out of juice - this seems to be a well known issue :-))

I tried clearing/removing cache/data from almost all google services and more, but were not able to get rid of the error.

The core error occured along with framwork errors in my case - how about you?

I just lost power again, and dreaded the reboot, but "luckily" it seems I have another error this time - something with media.process and market.vending, which I believe (hope?) I can fix.

Guest calolobo

SOLVED Your doubt about 1p5 give me an idea, the problem every time i was formating sdcard, was leaving a initial partition that makes everything fail, i erased everything with easus partition master and finally works, i use now mmcvlk1p1 and its all ok, now will try market. THANKS !

thats weird eh, but when i use mmcblk1p1, first boot, failed between android logo and lock screen, at second boot, sdcard is not mounted also is not visible

if i use, mmcblk1p2, sdcard is not mounted and not visible,

In ubuntu, connected to sdcard i can clearly see 2 partitions first extended at sdg1, and the other fat32 at sdg5, thats the reason i use that 5, i have formated sdcard multiple times, inside winmo, trough win7, to fat, to fat32, always the same result

i suppose my problem is with install, and the address recognized as sdcard, well, not recognized.

will try to install everything from the beginning

Edited by calolobo

Guest TRoN_1

Does anyone else have a problem with screen alignment/calibaration? The bottom quarter of mine is not responsive and it makes my device useless in Android. Anything on the bottom left I can't select. I have no problems in Windows mobile. I don;t think the digitizer is damaged because in Winmo it works. There must be a way to fix this!

Thanx

TRoN

Edited by TRoN_1

Guest Ngage

definitely correct mount SDHC CARD with FROYO

I have manual installed FROYO in ext3 partition of My Storage, today i make correctly mount 4GB SDHC as SDCARD in android, now FROYO see an recognize well this card.

1, Is necessary to format SDHC as PRIMARY PARTITION fat32, with this format SDcard is mmcblk1p1 for android system.

2, make modify init.rc with command: mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 /sdcard

3, reboot

here is modify init.rc and vold.fstab ( I removed /mnt/sdcard to /sdcard )

****** IS NECESSARY TO FORMAT SDHC AS PRIMARY FAT 32 --NO LOGICAL********

o2b3update.tar.gz