Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest n4m3less
... I have used the Screen Capture Utility : "Drocap2 v2.13" :) .

( ma forse non era questa la domanda ?!?!? :) )

yes...I was referring to graphical widgets and taskbar .

(mi riferivo alla grafica...quali widget quale taskbar hai usato..e anche che launcher usi)

saqeeb Posted Today, 11:14

Does anyone has a solution for market and google talk

Thankyou

UP

Edited by n4m3less

Guest carlospaco
so i installed anry birds rio whitout sd every thing goes wel and fast then it load the first level and it just shut down itself . whit no error nothing

anyone have a fix for this ??????

edit never mind find it already u need internet connection to play this game the second time it works whitout internet

That's right , you need internet connection then everything runs perfect. Great GAME

Guest carlospaco
so if a set my ram size to 0x10000000 i have 265 mb ram right ?? iam at work now and dont have a cable to test

edit so iam not right is see there is a Set ramsize 180*1024*1024 i edit it to Set ramsize 220*1024*1024 it boots bud i cannot enter market for a app to chek of it gave me more ram or not

Help please, do you mean you can have MORE RAM? How do you d this, i am not that smart with this thing.

CAN YOU PLEASE EXPLAIN. THANKS

Guest ritchietos

if someone is unlucky like me and cannot go to market i have zipped 3 up to date apps -advance task manager 1.9.6

- call light

- angry birds rio the working one ! not from amazon ( u need to unmount sd befor u install this )

for me it didnt work the first time only when i was connected to the internet it worked and now

it even work with no internet data .

heres the link

https://rapidshare.com/files/458638004/android_apps.zip

thx dev for the good work u have done !

Guest mishatir
so if a set my ram size to 0x10000000 i have 265 mb ram right ?? iam at work now and dont have a cable to test

edit so iam not right is see there is a Set ramsize 180*1024*1024 i edit it to Set ramsize 220*1024*1024 it boots bud i cannot enter market for a app to chek of it gave me more ram or not

0x10000000 i have 265 mb ????????????

2**X - 64, 128, 256 ???????

Guest carlospaco

WHAT DO YOU DO FOR GETTING THIS. CAN YOU PLEASE EXPLAIN, WHERE AND WHO. THANKS

Guest shoarmabakpao

I think he meant "I have 256 mb" 265mb is impossible on our phones :)

Guest ritchietos

my fauld i was looking around on xda (didnt read everthing) now i see that most of the ram is used for drivers

... I have used the Screen Capture Utility : "Drocap2 v2.13" :( .

( ma forse non era questa la domanda ?!?!? :) )

... ashburn has made a beautiful tutorial : >>> here <<< ,

I have changed only some PNGs and one XML :) .

when i change the xml doesnt boot why?

Guest ritchietos
I think he meant "I have 256 mb" 265mb is impossible on our phones :)

why is 256 mb impossible ?? if u look to samsung settings u see 256 mb ram .

Guest shoarmabakpao
my fauld i was looking around on xda (didnt read everthing) now i see that most of the ram is used for drivers

You stated, "most of the ram is used for drivers" That means not everything is used but it does leave 153mb or so left for us. What would happen if they deleted bluetooth driver? Wouldn't that give is some extra ram?

Edited by shoarmabakpao

Guest shoarmabakpao

Quick update on my batterylife of froyo on my omnia 2

15 hours of uptime so far since last reboot (I had to transer .apk files to the phone that's why I had to reboot)

Played angry birds rio for 40min straight :)

screen brightness on 100%

Battery % is at 71% and the phone is as cold as it is in windows mobile.

Edited by shoarmabakpao

Guest gauravv

15 hours of uptime so far since last reboot (I had to transer .apk files to the phone that's why I had to reboot)

angry birds rio not working on my phone it crashes at first level only

Guest ritchietos
You stated, "most of the ram is used for drivers" That means not everything is used but it does leave 153mb or so left for us. What would happen if they deleted bluetooth driver? Wouldn't that give is some extra ram?

i dont understand if android use it one drivers then why is the reserved ram (from windows mobile for the drivers ) stil active ?

Guest ritchietos
angry birds rio not working on my phone it crashes at first level only

turn on you wifi or data befor u start the game the first time

Guest Athlos
Finaly got the sdcard to work!!

After I tried nearly all suggested tweaks without a solution I finaly decieded to screw it and reformated

my sd card under wm with minitool partiotion - windows7 and reinstalled android. Only to see that the sdcard

is agian only mounted at \mnt\sdcard but not also under \sdcard (which is the reason alot of apps doesn't install).

So I tried something that before didn't work (probably I played heavilly with the int.rc). Make a symlink from mnt\sdcard

to sdcard. And foila, I can install everything like in beta2!

To symlink, go in the appdrawer -> devtools -> Terminal. There type "SU" and press Enter. After that, type "ln -s /mnt/sdcard /sdcard" and press Enter.

Btw, Signing in to google didn't worked for me over wifi but went through fine under 3g.

Doesnt work for me either :)

Thank you, it got a bit further but the next problem has shown itself:

2011-04-20163944.jpg

I had this problem before. I resolved by fresh install + 3dlib (1.59mb) . after that I got request wake up error during booting. then I install 2 update posted by ashburn.

same problem here ! can anyone post a working solution ??

by the way , this thread has too many pages, and it seems untidy , why don't make a separate thread for each problem ?

update after going back and reading about 20 pages the solution is :

For those who are having problem with request thingy.

Download This First & install:

http://www.filesonic.sg/file/60103983/o2bupdate.tar.gz

Then Download This & Install:

http://www.filesonic.sg/file/732622911/o2b3update.tar.gz.

after you have install all this mentioned above... try running android see if it works or not... first boot will take about 1minute or so.

Edited by h5n1

Guest carlospaco
i dont understand if android use it one drivers then why is the reserved ram (from windows mobile for the drivers ) stil active ?
I don't min deleting bluetooth drivers, i don't use bluetooth.

Where can i delete them and wich are they? I only hope that the rest works perfect like it is know.

If someone let me know, i will try it and then let you know if i get more ram of itt.

Greets

Guest Sinistersky

i don't get it..my phone heats up when i use 3g network...do you use SD card or mystorage to boot android? Do you have an SD in the slot if you boot android from My Storage? I'm gonna have to test... :)

EDIT: why does the are arround my camera and SIM card get hot as s*** when i dl something from the market? Also same thing happens when 2g or 3g is on while the phone is in my pocket...Somebody said here to have lasting battery over 24 hours with 3g on constantly dling info every 30 mins...I'm sorry but that is not true for me...And naturally i'm pissed about it since one minute of 3g = 1 % of battery...basicly..huge battery drain..5 mins of wifi = 1% drain...basicly the same thing..what gives!?

Edited by Sinistersky

Guest micmac
definitely correct mount SDHC CARD with FROYO

I have manual installed FROYO in ext3 partition of My Storage, today i make correctly mount 4GB SDHC as SDCARD in android, now FROYO see an recognize well this card.

1, Is necessary to format SDHC as PRIMARY PARTITION fat32, with this format SDcard is mmcblk1p1 for android system.

2, make modify init.rc with command: mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 /sdcard

3, reboot

here is modify init.rc and vold.fstab ( I removed /mnt/sdcard to /sdcard )

****** IS NECESSARY TO FORMAT SDHC AS PRIMARY FAT 32 --NO LOGICAL********

yes working great! but after try using ext4 created via ubuntu(format disk to ext4 in ubuntu), my problems are over and u'r edited not needed...

anyway thx Ngage u'r methode works for similar probs