Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest bobhero

Anyone have charging problems?

When I plug in the charger, the battery status changes from "battery" to "discharging", and it does not charge. However, when I plug in a USB cord the phone charges normally...

Is anyone able to charge their phone while in android with the wall adapter (mains)?

Guest FactionOne

After around 24 hours of use with the device running pretty nicely, something's just fallen-over, and I'm struggling to get it to boot.

It looks like it's related to a problem with a file/partition on the EXT2 filesystem, but I can't be certain. More detail here: http://code.google.com/p/omnia2droid/issues/detail?id=31

Reinstalling now...

Rob.

Guest kydkylin
Yes as in ; i dont have it anymore after the changes

Believe me, I've done these changes lots of times.But it just doesn't work here.

I've found something about it at here:

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Goog...2e732&hl=en

But I've tried all the solutions there with no luck.Though it may has something to do with the network environment, as other Android phones could work well here, maybe there's still some place to improve our i8000's Android phone part.

Regards.

Edited by kydkylin

Guest darkworldzz

ok i have confirmed it to cause freezing when using the market.. reformat and reinstalled 6 times with the same results.. i have used the updated zimage, and 2d/3d drivers.. i even tried to unpack the drivers in manually..

Anyone else facing this problem??

ok i have confirmed it to cause freezing when using the market.. reformat and reinstalled 6 times with the same results.. i have used the updated zimage, and 2d/3d drivers.. i even tried to unpack the drivers in manually..

Anyone else facing this problem??

I have had lots of problems with my phone before I did the below stpes, one thing I've noticed faster class of SD cards made a big difference in performance, my slow 1GB card ran like a dog, I am now using higher class 8GB SD card, it runs much faster I can say it's better than WinMo, considering it is in the beta stage.

I found the following sequences helps

Format the card under windows, Quick format, FAT32

Then format the card using Samsung utility on WinMo

Install the stock files having the o2bupdate.tar.gz on \My Storage

Use default setup, configure sync and Wi-fi all in one go at the start.

I play with the phone for hours making sure everything works, phone/sms/market/apps .... before I started the new zImage.

At the moment I see the issues that others have already reported: hot, clock on steroid, short life battery, slower to wake up if not on external power .... Other than that it runs fine.

Guest teccrom

Just adding my experiences here. I had the boot freeze at android logo or at latest 1 minute into setup problem. These are what solved it:

1. Tried the WM setting CPU to high, it definitely affected Android speed and smoothness.

2. Had forget that USB settings in WM were in Mass-Storage mode for SD card, changed that to Activesync, now Android works for me. I think previously it always froze after 'Preparing SD card' text in top bar disappeared, around 1 minute after boot.

I can't get network to work, China Unicom 3G card doesnt seem to work atm. Wifi seems fine.

Edited by teccrom

Guest darkworldzz
I play with the phone for hours making sure everything works, phone/sms/market/apps .... before I started the new zImage.

At the moment I see the issues that others have already reported: hot, clock on steroid, short life battery, slower to wake up if not on external power .... Other than that it runs fine.

So the market doesn't crash on you?? i did a full formatt using sdcard formattter but does it make a difference to format again using samsung settings??

Hmm... am gna try that when i get home with a good wifi ^^

For me, every process comes up as not responding, pretty much as soon as i boot into android. Did everything the way its been mentioned. Used the 1024mb latest files, replaced zImage, placed 2d/3d drivers in the root, also manually opened them and placed them in the root. Sometimes it works, but nothing like the video posted. Also USB mode is on active sync, cpu on high. Please help.

So the market doesn't crash on you?? i did a full formatt using sdcard formattter but does it make a difference to format again using samsung settings??

I think the problem is Wifi, not the market

My market work very well

Guest darkworldzz
I think the problem is Wifi, not the market

My market work very well

Wifi works well.. no crashes when using the browser.. but will need to do more testing.. but from so many people who doesnt have problems with market.. maybe i should try another way of formatting my sd card.. i believe mine to be a higher class sd card..

Guest waltrapas

There is something about the crash during a call? After applying the solution to freeze, unable to speak more than 1 minute and you must remove the battery, do not respond in any way.

This is translated by google translator.

It would be nice, if everyone who has Problems put the following things below his post:

SD-Card(Memory, Class, Manufacturer), Rom(Wm 6.x, Made by xxx, Date of Rom release) and Settings(CPU-Mode, USB-Mode)

If all of us do so, we cold perhaps find out whether these things affect something or not.

I wold put my dates here as well, but my O2 is at the Service :lol:

Guest pepsipig
I have had lots of problems with my phone before I did the below stpes, one thing I've noticed faster class of SD cards made a big difference in performance, my slow 1GB card ran like a dog, I am now using higher class 8GB SD card, it runs much faster I can say it's better than WinMo, considering it is in the beta stage.

I found the following sequences helps

Format the card under windows, Quick format, FAT32

Then format the card using Samsung utility on WinMo

Install the stock files having the o2bupdate.tar.gz on \My Storage

Use default setup, configure sync and Wi-fi all in one go at the start.

I did exectly the same.The first time I ran android,it will freeze after the default setup is done, after about 40 mins waiting i remove the battery and reboot,and then pop up "Sorry!The process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly.Please try again" and the only thing could do is press the "force close" every 5 seconds,so i turn on airplane mode it gets better.

And i believe dozens of people in china have the same bug

With the o2bupdate.tar.gz patch it does not crash.

If I dont install the patch then it crashes everytime.

I did exectly the same.The first time I ran android,it will freeze after the default setup is done, after about 40 mins waiting i remove the battery and reboot,and then pop up "Sorry!The process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly.Please try again" and the only thing could do is press the "force close" every 5 seconds,so i turn on airplane mode it gets better.

And i believe dozens of people in china have the same bug

It sounds like patch o2bupdate.tar.gz has not been applied, unless there something different with the phone in China.

Guest Sinistersky
i have noticed that the phone is running smoother and almost all functions are ok even the clock

when booting android with the usb cable pluged in

Yea...thats like common knowledge even with wimo....everything runs better when you have the cable plugged in...also...after a day of usage and no recharge...the launcher pro has started to not work resulting in no homescreen...

anyone have an idea on how to install usb driver for our phone while using android? the guide doesnt help. pls pls pls. i need to install angry birds

The way I do it is to boot in win mo. Copy apk file to storage card. Then load android and use the file explorer to install.

Guest pepsipig
It sounds like patch o2bupdate.tar.gz has not been applied, unless there something different with the phone in China.

how to apply to patch,i copied it to my storage at the begining?should i do anything else?

the only freeze happend 1st time when i run andoid,after that everything is ok except the phone part..