Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest ErnstJanF

Anyone here having troubles / got a fix for text messaging? I can't send text messages anymore (happened twice before on clean installations).. It's very annoying!

If anyone got a fix, please send a quick PM? That would be great :-)

Guest Ruud S
why does the are arround my camera and SIM card get hot as s*** when i dl something from the market? Also same thing happens when 2g or 3g is on while the phone is in my pocket...

I've got the same problem; the area around the camera gets very hot. Tried booting Froyo a few times, but this problem occurs every time. It could be related to data (3G) usage, not sure about that. I also haven't used Froyo long enough to say anything about battery usage.

Guest msamitahir

Hi guys,

I have managed to find a fix for google account, talk, and market problems. It is atleast working for me.

You can download the file here

http://www.multiupload.com/GTDLMYOI8P

You can try updating your current installation first. Though I have tried from a fresh install using Ubuntu.

You can also directly push these apk files to system/app folder as well using ADB

Best Regards,

Sami

o2b3update.tar.gz

Guest urkopi
Hi guys,

I have managed to find a fix for google account, talk, and market problems. It is atleast working for me.

You can try updating your current installation first. Though I have tried from a fresh install using Ubuntu.

You can also directly push these apk files to system/app folder as well using ADB

Best Regards,

Sami

Thanks Sami!

Trying..!

Regards!

Guest Speedfrog

i copyed the file to root of my storage (right?) and launched HARET.exe, it didnt work. i doubt i did it right (:))

i installed froyo by the guide on page 289 last post, i havent used ubuntu or anything with ext4. sorry im new to this :)

Guest msamitahir
i copyed the file to root of my storage (right?) and launched HARET.exe, it didnt work. i doubt i did it right (:))

i installed froyo by the guide on page 289 last post, i havent used ubuntu or anything with ext4. sorry im new to this :)

Are you using iso method ?

Anyways if you are able to access Android using usb / adb than you can extract the update file on your computer and copy all the APK files to /system/app folder in the android

Guest urkopi
Are you using iso method ?

Anyways if you are able to access Android using usb / adb than you can extract the update file on your computer and copy all the APK files to /system/app folder in the android

If we use the .iso method, we can't update the files via "o2b3update.tar.gz"?

Regards!

Guest msamitahir
If we use the .iso method, we can't update the files via "o2b3update.tar.gz"?

Regards!

I read some where on this forum that fs.iso cannot be updated using o2b3update.tar.gz though I am not sure.

Guest urkopi
I read some where on this forum that fs.iso cannot be updated using o2b3update.tar.gz though I am not sure.

Sure?

Can anyone check it?

Regards!

Guest problematika
Hi guys,

Best Regards,

Sami

Didn't work for me! I use quato's Iso, deleted all apps in system/app, istalled these few app's and no luck again! Really miss Market! Anyone...solution?

Guest msamitahir
Didn't work for me! I use quato's Iso, deleted all apps in system/app, istalled these few app's and no luck again! Really miss Market! Anyone...solution?

I am sorry, I forgot to tell Dont delete all the apps. Just replace these apps only.

Regards

Sami

Hi guys,

Best Regards,

Sami

Wow...it works!!!

Thank you so much.

Guest dpspcdrgn
I've got the same problem; the area around the camera gets very hot. Tried booting Froyo a few times, but this problem occurs every time. It could be related to data (3G) usage, not sure about that. I also haven't used Froyo long enough to say anything about battery usage.

Wondering about this as well, don't want any damage done to the phone! :)

Guest shoarmabakpao
Likewise...I am starting to get worried now... :)

=S How come yours hot? My phone is just sooooo cold. Whenever I touch the back of it I feel the cold rushing through my body. It's just icy cold :S

Edited by shoarmabakpao

Guest TheSamuray

For me ,, i did the following:

1- Copy whole package of Ext4.tar to SD extension formated ext4. using ubuntu

2- Copy content of 3D driver ,, provided in xda forum

3-Added DSPmanager file content provided here in the forum by kgp700 ( i think)

the i ran the haret ,, & started android after long time ( i m very patient :)

Then i went to settings & i ve added google account

i ve started the Market & downloaded Call light ,, it was successful then i stoped 3G data & i went to WLAN ,, made the settings & again Market worked :)

I have no SOD ,, so far ( Just yesterday i had once ( i think bcoz of first boot & multiple program downloads)

Now i have a quite stable system ,, some times it freezes ,, during installation of downloaded program from Market ,, but for short time then it comes back

Charging battery is good ,, although takes longer time than WM,,, & its draining sufficiently ,,, about 14-16 hrs,, unless using wifi & installing programs

One problem is that ,, i cant install some programs to SD,, i have to unmount it to install it

i have installed Angry Bird Rio using this method & it is working well

i have a problem with Arabic support for now ,,, it is showing the letters well ,, but it is separated from each other ,,,

looking for the fix ,, for this one ,,,

Best regards

Guest shoarmabakpao
For me ,, i did the following:

1- Copy whole package of Ext4.tar to SD extension formated ext4. using ubuntu

2- Copy content of 3D driver ,, provided in xda forum

3-Added DSPmanager file content provided here in the forum by kgp700 ( i think)

the i ran the haret ,, & started android after long time ( i m very patient :)

Then i went to settings & i ve added google account

i ve started the Market & downloaded Call light ,, it was successful then i stoped 3G data & i went to WLAN ,, made the settings & again Market worked :)

I have no SOD ,, so far ( Just yesterday i had once ( i think bcoz of first boot & multiple program downloads)

Now i have a quite stable system ,, some times it freezes ,, during installation of downloaded program from Market ,, but for short time then it comes back

Charging battery is good ,, although takes longer time than WM,,, & its draining sufficiently ,,, about 14-16 hrs,, unless using wifi & installing programs

One problem is that ,, i cant install some programs to SD,, i have to unmount it to install it

i have installed Angry Bird Rio using this method & it is working well

i have a problem with Arabic support for now ,,, it is showing the letters well ,, but it is separated from each other ,,,

looking for the fix ,, for this one ,,,

Best regards

Dang, just about anything works for you. My market just won't work but my battery life is ALOT better then yours. It is at 59% after like 2 days of uptime. The uptime could have been more if i didn't try to fix my market which lead into rebooting and put files on the phone whilest on windows mobile and than back to android =P

Angry Birds Rio is just perfect. However angrybirds seasons isn't this smooth at all.

Guest Sinistersky
=S How come yours hot? My phone is just sooooo cold. Whenever I touch the back of it I feel the cold rushing through my body. It's just icy cold :S

Ha ha... very funny :)

Guest problematika
Hi guys,

Best Regards,

Sami

@Quato

Can you make another fs.iso with this files and upload it again? Sorry for spam! :)

Guest Speedfrog
@Quato

Can you make another fs.iso with this files and upload it again? Sorry for spam! :)

yes please :) and about the problem i had with using my storage as the main saving place, can you please make a file for that? :( (if possible)

Guest shoarmabakpao
Ha ha... very funny :)

No this time I wasn't kidding. My phone is just really cold. Just like in windows mobile, or just like when the phone isn't on. The icy coldness will be less when doing multitasking and downloading stuff but that isn't near too what it was some day on eclair when the sd-card spot got insanely hot.

Guest shoarmabakpao
my benchmark:

post-727221-1303500326_thumb.png

thanks to dev's

Why did you post your worst benchmark? :) Sometimes I get scores around 620-640 and I/O goes fully up to 1100 and cpu up to around 1450 but that was the highest I've seen so far on my omnia 2.

btw, how did you make a screenshot of your omnia 2?

Edited by shoarmabakpao